Here Comes Gustav

SpongeScott

Great if it takes the current path and tracks over Cuba and spends that much time over land. Bad if it veers more to the west and hits the open waters of the Gulf. This could be interesting heading into the weekend.

SpongeScott

Computer models:

at200807_model.gif

DisneyGigi

I saw this this morning. I hope it stays south too for Florida in general. We arrive on Friday too so I double hope it stays away!

leigheks

What should i do???

Scheduled to arrive Wed, August 27 - Departing on Monday, Sept 1.
Should I stay or should I go to WDW? Would you?
Any and all genuine recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

palmage

Original Poster
Looks like the northwest gulfcoast may be in deep doo doo with this one.
Hope New Orleans doesn't get hit.

SeaBreeze

I don't think this storm is going to visit Florida but that might just be me :shrug: I'm more concerned about the other systems in the tropical Atlantic right now. Here's to hoping they don't cause any issues.

SeaBreeze

If you want to check up on it, the NHC's website is www.nhc.noaa.gov I wouldn't worry about Gustav; it'll take a bizarre twist of systems and fronts to push it into Florida at this point. Keep an eye on it though since these storms can tricky like that.

In the meantime, have fun getting ready for your trip:wave:

Ringo8n24

This is one of the worst things to happen. Being 3 years on Friday since Katrina, the Ms Gulf Coast is so not ready for this mentally or structurally. Our barrier islands are going to be wiped away and they're saying 40 feet of storm surge into the cities because our coast is still so eroded from Katrina. I have reservations in Orange Beach, AL for the Labor Day weekend and cannot decide to stay or go. Of course, stupid me did not take out the insurance for weather so I lose my money either way staying or going.

palmage

Original Poster
This is one of the worst things to happen. Being 3 years on Friday since Katrina, the Ms Gulf Coast is so not ready for this mentally or structurally. Our barrier islands are going to be wiped away and they're saying 40 feet of storm surge into the cities because our coast is still so eroded from Katrina. I have reservations in Orange Beach, AL for the Labor Day weekend and cannot decide to stay or go. Of course, stupid me did not take out the insurance for weather so I lose my money either way staying or going.
That flat stinks...... of all the place that can't take it.

MKCP 1985

might as well go since there isn't going to be any good reason to be here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom