Help with my 180 day reservations please!

21stamps

5/30 is my 180.

Here's what I'm planning so far-

Activities-
Pirate Adventure Cruise
Parasailing

Dining -
BOG lunch
Ohana Breakfast
Garden View Tea Room
Boma or Sanaa?

Undecided on Holiday Wishes Dessert Party.. or maybe a regular MK Dessert party..not even sure if either one is bookable right now.

Will definitely do a dessert party at HS and EMM at MK.. anyone remember when those were released last year?

Any other recommendations?

CaptainAmerica

Yep. I haven't even heard of Jiko. I haven't concentrated at that portion today, I figured AKL restaurants would be the easiest to get. Here's my plan at AKL- eat in the lounge (Sanaa I think) on a day when we have a large lunch. Breakfast at Boma.. and lunch or dinner at Sanaa. Maybe Jiko instead? I'll look up the menu.
What's your recommendations on which restaurants for which meals?
Jiko is signature, so that would be dinner only. It's very expensive, has a dress code, excellent wine list, etc.

Sanaa is good for lunch or dinner but the dinner portions are a bit small relative to the price IMO.

Boma is excellent for both breakfast and dinner.

When I stay at AKL, I do a Sanaa lunch, a Boma breakfast, a Boma dinner, and a Jiko dinner. You'll want reservations for all of them except maybe Boma breakfast, but none of them are must-book at 180 days.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Jiko is signature, so that would be dinner only. It's very expensive, has a dress code, excellent wine list, etc.

Sanaa is good for lunch or dinner but the dinner portions are a bit small relative to the price IMO.

Boma is excellent for both breakfast and dinner.

When I stay at AKL, I do a Sanaa lunch, a Boma breakfast, a Boma dinner, and a Jiko dinner. You'll want reservations for all of them except maybe Boma breakfast, but none of them are must-book at 180 days.

Thank you! Just made a reservation at Jiko! The lamb sounds delish! Kiddo would like the halibut or the seafood curry - have you had this one?

I was planning on one room service dinner, one ts restaurant dinner at the resort- which will now be Jiko. As well as one room service breakfast and one ts restaurant breakfast.. 1 restaurant lunch, and 1 pool bar lunch. Mara somewhere in the mix...as well as Victoria Falls Lounge.
Do you have a room service menu? Do you know what restaurant the food is from?

ETA- looks like the halibut has a tomato sauce, I'm sure I can order it without that, right? The curry would probably be better if it isn't too spicy, doesn't sound like it is.

ETA 2- omg the lobster tail sounds like heaven!!!!!! Vanilla butter!!!
We're also both huge fans of charcuterie, the 'taste of africa' sounds great too.

Ugh.. that's a lot of food.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Thank you! Just made a reservation at Jiko! The lamb sounds delish! Kiddo would like the halibut or the seafood curry - have you had this one?

I was planning on one room service dinner, one ts restaurant dinner at the resort- which will now be Jiko. As well as one room service breakfast and one ts restaurant breakfast.. 1 restaurant lunch, and 1 pool bar lunch. Mara somewhere in the mix...as well as Victoria Falls Lounge.
Do you have a room service menu? Do you know what restaurant the food is from?

ETA- looks like the halibut has a tomato sauce, I'm sure I can order it without that, right? The curry would probably be better if it isn't too spicy, doesn't sound like it is.

ETA 2- omg the lobster tail sounds like heaven!!!!!! Vanilla butter!!!
We're also both huge fans of charcuterie, the 'taste of africa' sounds great too.

Ugh.. that's a lot of food.
Did you decide on Jambo versus Kidani? If Jambo, I wouldn't bother with a "pool bar lunch." The Mara is right there next to the pool, literally an outside-entrance that leads right to the pool deck.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I have to sort this out. I purchased a 4 night specialty dining package for our cruise the week prior.. we will be doing a Churrascaria, French Restaurant, Hibachi, and Asian Fusion.
Plus margaritaville at sea and the regular ship restaurants.

So far today I have made - 1900 PF, Garden View Tea, Ohana breakfast, Kona breakfast, BOG lunch, H&V lunch, and Jiko.
Grand Floridian Cafe lunch, Sanaa and Boma to come later.

I'm Not going to fit in my clothes by the end of it. What can I cut out?

I just realized that I don't have any dinners scheduled during our GF portion.. but we'll just do Mizner's, Tambu Lounge, and Trader Sam's for dinner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Did you decide on Jambo versus Kidani? If Jambo, I wouldn't bother with a "pool bar lunch." The Mara is right there next to the pool, literally an outside-entrance that leads right to the pool deck.

Yes, savanna view at Jambo. Planning on going to the pool at Kidani though.

I'm sorry, I do not. We are not big room service folks, 'Ohana Twilight Feast is the exception of course. If we are eating in the room we are cooking it ourselves.

Ok thanks. I'm assuming that the menu will be interesting...hopefully. I think Poly hands down has the best room service food options of any resort I have stayed at so far.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

I have to sort this out. I purchased a 4 night specialty dining package for our cruise the week prior.. we will be doing a Churrascaria, French Restaurant, Hibachi, and Asian Fusion.
Plus margaritaville at sea and the regular ship restaurants.

So far today I have made - 1900 PF, Garden View Tea, Ohana breakfast, Kona breakfast, BOG lunch, H&V lunch, and Jiko.
Grand Floridian Cafe lunch, Sanaa and Boma to come later.

I'm Not going to fit in my clothes by the end of it. What can I cut out?

I just realized that I don't have any dinners scheduled during our GF portion.. but we'll just do Mizner's, Tambu Lounge, and Trader Sam's for dinner.

Good lord girl! You're starting to eat like us -Constantly. Hahahaha! I know you can't cut 'Ohana, and I know you've been trying for the tea forever...so how about cutting Kona and or GF cafe?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Good lord girl! You're starting to eat like us -Constantly. Hahahaha! I know you can't cut 'Ohana, and I know you've been trying for the tea forever...so how about cutting Kona and or GF cafe?

I know!! I thought I was scaling back, but I feel like there's still too much
I'll probably cut Kona Cafe.. the lobster Benedict at GF cafe will have to trump the pineapple macadamia pancakes.

I'm also trying not to do many super early mornings. I'm skipping a ts restaurant at Epcot after the mess last year. Hopefully lines aren't too long and we can just eat at several of the booths, plus tangerine cafe.

Still undecided on Animal Kingdom, are you doing a RoL package? We enjoyed Harambe Market and I'm looking forward to the new restaurant in Pandora..so if I don't need a RoL dining pack then we'll do qs at that park as well.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

I know!! I thought I was scaling back, but I feel like there's still too much
I'll probably cut Kona Cafe.. the lobster Benedict at GF cafe will have to trump the pineapple macadamia pancakes.

I'm also trying not to do many super early mornings. I'm skipping a ts restaurant at Epcot after the mess last year. Hopefully lines aren't too long and we can just eat at several of the booths, plus tangerine cafe.

Still undecided on Animal Kingdom, are you doing a RoL package? We enjoyed Harambe Market and I'm looking forward to the new restaurant in Pandora..so if I don't need a RoL dining pack then we'll do qs at that park as well.

Mmmm...agreed! I love a good eggs benedict, and that one sounds amazing!

I think your Epcot plan is good! I can imagine that you're still mad about GG and CP lol

We aren't parade/firework/show people...altho I will admit that ROL looks beautiful in the pics I've seen! I'm also excited to try all the goodies in Pandora, especially the cheeseburger pod!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Mmmm...agreed! I love a good eggs benedict, and that one sounds amazing!

I think your Epcot plan is good! I can imagine that you're still mad about GG and CP lol

We aren't parade/firework/show people...altho I will admit that ROL looks beautiful in the pics I've seen! I'm also excited to try all the goodies in Pandora, especially the cheeseburger pod!
Yeah, CP was such a must do for me last year..and you'd think I'd try again...but really I'd rather just spend more time seeing the different story tellers. Depending on how our AK day goes we may just end up skipping RoL...we'll see. I'm trying to take my own advice of not overscheduling.

Take photos of all the food when you go to Pandora please!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom