Help w/ a camera decision

DouglasE

Original Poster
I'm not that much of a sadist. I ended up purchasing a new Nikon Coolpix 4300. The camera, a 128 mB memory card, tax, shipping all came to a grand total of $348.98.

You can read about the camera by surfing to http://www.epinions.com/content_80569470596

I'm happy. #1 if you told me six months ago that I would be getting a digital camera I'd have told you you were nuts. #2 I was able to make this purchase a lot sooner than I anticipated.

Woody13

Congratulations! I am confident that you will enjoy the Nikon CoolPix 4300 very much. Having just also purchased one for my daughter, I'd like to offer a few suggestions that I hope will be helpful. The camera comes with a wrist strap but I have found it much easier ( and safer) to replace the wrist strap with a neck lanyard. I bought a 1 1/2" wide Nikon neck lanyard and have found it to be very comfortable and secure (you don't want to risk dropping your camera).

I would also recommend that you buy a few extra EB-EL-1 Li-Ion rechargeable batteries. It's a far better investment than having to buy a regular (one use) 2CR5 Lithium battery at $10.00 a piece!

Also, if you intend to transfer your pictures to your computer, I would buy Adobe PhotoShop Album 2.0 and use that program rather than the included Nikon View.

While you can, of course, use the CoolPix 4300 to directly transfer your pictures to your computer, I suggest that you buy a nice card reader to do the job instead. I bought a SanDisk ImageMate 8 in 1 card reader and writer. It hooks up to the USB port on your computer, it requires no divers and no additional power supply is needed (It's powered by the USB port).

Search around on the Internet and you can find these items at significant discounts.

Have fun!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom