1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Traveling I95

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by deenice76, Feb 26, 2017.

1. deenice76

deenice76 New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. Three questions for you:

Which apps and/or websites do you use for finding cheapest gas along I95?

Which apps/websites do you use for finding rest stops/service stations along I95?

I stopped at a rest stop a few years back in either North or South Carolina. I can't remember if we stoooed there on a trip to Orlando or to Myrtle Beach. It was HUGE had rooms filled with nautical / beach items for sale, in addition to bathrooms and food options. Does anyone else know which rest stop I'm referring to?

2. WandererRay

WandererRay Member

Did the rest stop have a large overlook tower and miniature golf with the shops? Sounds like Pedro's South of the Border right on the NC and SC border. We stopped there once along the way north years ago, and thought it was odd fun.

3. JerseyDad

JerseyDad Well-Known Member

....the I-95 rest stops are pretty well marked with signage ...well in advance of actually getting there. That said ....I like to know where the nearest restrooms, gas, food are at all times ...so I have often used the I-95 Exit Guide website on my smartphone. I'm not sure if they have an app (they do have a Facebook page) ....but my phone access to the website gives great info related to where the rest stops are ....at what mile marker ....and what amenities are at each rest stop. There is also a section that gives gas prices.

drwadadli likes this.
  4. RKSteel

RKSteel Well-Known Member

I have a list of all the exits for Cracker Barrel between NY and FL. Usually coordinate gas with bathroom at cracker barrel.
    If your driving from north of NY or NJ, the Delaware welcome center is very nice, I avoid the NJ rest stops.
    There are two in MD (Chesapeake and Maryland House), these are the last two on I95 until you get into Northern VA. If you are in the southbound HOV in N VA, Fredericksburg will be the first big exit with food and gas.

5. slappy magoo

slappy magoo Well-Known Member

The i-95 Exit Guide at least has an app for android phones. No idea if they have one for iOS devices.

drwadadli likes this.
  6. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Cheap gas is to be avoided on long trips unless you really want expensive repairs on fuel system.

Your best bet is to buy fuel from the large fuel stations as its turned over fast and is unlikely to contain excessiver dirt or water