Help please!!!!

SusanAnne

Does anyone know if they offer any alternative activity for children ages 9 & 15, since they can't go on the keys to the kingdom tour. We are staying at the AKL. We are going in the first week of March. Do you know if the resorts offer anything? We would love to see this tour, so any suggestions would be great!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by SusanAnne
Does anyone know if they offer any alternative activity for children ages 9 & 15, since they can't go on the keys to the kingdom tour. We are staying at the AKL. We are going in the first week of March. Do you know if the resorts offer anything? We would love to see this tour, so any suggestions would be great!!!

This sounds so obvious, but is there a reason why the 15 year old can't tour the MK with the 9 year old, then meet you at a designated spot after the tour? Or spend the day kicking around the resort? Can I assume you already thought of this, and decided against it?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

if they like animals, I think they would be content to watch the animals at AKL, go to the beautiful pool, and just scope out the area. Give em some money for the arcade and food at the Mara...they'll have a blast.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Original Poster
I am not comfortable leaving a 15 and 9 year old alone in a very busy area, where anything could go wrong, yes my 15 yr old does babysit, however its in her home enviroment not with thousands of strangers, besides i would like to offer something for them to do. Maybe i am over protected but in these days you can never be to safe. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

if you want someone to watch them, I know a lot of the resorts have these clubhouse thingies....no clue what they are or their duration, but I know they watch kids and I'm pretty sure Animal Kingdom Lodge has one (Simba's Clubhouse or something like that...). Might look into it.

Upvote 0

NowInc

I am pretty sure disney offers an in-room babysitter at all its resorts...I dont know what the cost per hour is,...but its the SAFEST option....other things I would suggest is maybe renting so videos and having them stay in the room watching them (If yuor room has a VCR) OR..you could even have them walk around the hotel and find things to do...the resorts are usually much less crouded than the parks are and are overall safe...but you are right..you cant be TOO carefull when it comes to your children...

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
There are Kid's clubs at several resorts, but they're all for children 12 and under. I can understand your fears. I've been waiting years to do the tour, and hope to do it this summer. I've stayed at AKL, and would feel safe leaving children your age there, but they would be upset if I went off to MK without them, and letting them roam the park alone would make me a little uneasy, but at least we'd be in the same place. Despite the horror stories, there are many members here who have been going to the parks alone or with friends since they were fairly young. Perhaps they will be along later to give you first hand advice.After all, Disney allows children 7 and over to come in alone...not that I would ever let MY 8 year old do it!

I think Now's idea of In-room sitter might be a plan.

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
Re: Keys to the kingdom tour

Originally posted by Greatmom
What is keys to the kingdom tour?

It's a "behind the scenes" tour of the MK. You get to go down and around many of the backstage areas. I don't recommend this tour. IMO it "spoils" the magic. Kinda like when you see a really good magic trick and then someone tells you the "secret".

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

See...I wouldn't have a problem, if I were a parent, letting the 15 year old be alone. It all really depends on the 9-year old. If (s)he is willing to listen to the 15-year old, I think it'd work. I don't think the 15-year old would be too pleased with a baby-sitter, to be quite honest. If you want them to stay together, well...that's a toughy...disney doesn't plan ways to take care of teens (I've been allowed to roam the parks alone since I was like 13...). You know your kids better than I do, but the Resorts are safe. I have to get back to filling out my Eagle Scout Application...lata
Kyle

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Original Poster

You're right the 15 yr old does not want a babysitter, and being they are both girls, i don't want them to be "by themselves". I was just hoping Disney had something else available for these age groups, while the parents take the tour. Maybe i am a little over protective but leaving my girls 5 hours alone makes me uneasy, i don't think i could enjoy the tour if i am going to be worrying all the time. Thanks tho for your info

Upvote 0

aprilgail

Re: Re: Help please!!!!

Originally posted by The Mom

This sounds so obvious, but is there a reason why the 15 year old can't tour the MK with the 9 year old, then meet you at a designated spot after the tour? Or spend the day kicking around the resort? Can I assume you already thought of this, and decided against it?

We did this with my 11 and 13 year old...they wanted to go to MK and we wanted to go to EPCOT so we took the monorail, left them in MK and then we went over to EPCOT and kept in touch via cell phone for the day. I had them make sure they kept their cell phone on vibrate so they would know it rang even if they couldn't hear it! I had no worries what so ever about their safety.

Upvote 0

moonchild

:p :sohappy: it's a vacation for every one...but parents are in charge...make rules, make plans.... and some times we have to be the bad guys, even on vacation.... but we have to keep our kids safe, i would not let my kids out of my site.....not yet, ................they are good kids too....i do trust them, i dont trust other people right now!.... I think ill just play it safe for my 1st time........

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom