Help! Online check-in special request

jasmine217

Original Poster
I will be arriving at Port Orleans Riverside in 5 short days (ahh!). I asked my travel agent to put one room request on our reservation - that we would like to be near a particular bus stop. She then instructed me NOT to do online check-in, but instead to wait until we arrive to check in at the front desk because checking in online tends to "overwrite" the original request.

Does this makes sense? I understand that you can also make special requests during online check-in, so I feel like I could make my request again at that time. I'm inclined to listen to my travel agent, but then again, it feels strange to forgo online check-in completely. We are doing Magical Express both transportation and baggage handling, if that makes a difference.

Tinkerbella16

I've done online check-in, made requests through my TA and used the touring Plans room request fax feature and still got all of our requests met and the room we requested through TP's. I would still do online check-in.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I recently did online check in for Port Orleans Riverside. There is no way to request a certain building number or bus stop location. Choices to check are Alligator Bayou section or Magnolia Bend section; corner room; upper or lower floor. If you know which resort section (AB or MB) the bus stop you prefer is located, check it during the online process. But if your heart is set on a very specific location follow your TA's advice.

correcaminos

I've done online check-in, made requests through my TA and used the touring Plans room request fax feature and still got all of our requests met and the room we requested through TP's. I would still do online check-in.
If you do online check in after the request was made often it is deleted by whatever the online request did. I would not do online check in if the TA said not to.

Disney4family

We were told by Disney that Guests are put into the system 10 days before arrival. We were advised to call the resort directly on that day if we had a special request to add and/or wanted to confirm something we already requested.

jasmine217

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's input - in the interest of getting to our room faster, we decided to risk it and I completed online check-in this morning (4 days prior to arrival). I did not have the option to make special requests, nor could I see any special requests that had already been added to my account. However, I did notice that a list appears of items that Disney supposedly has on file, including arrival times and previously made room requests.

After checking in online, I called the general number for the resort and told them I wanted to confirm that a request my TA made was noted on my account. The CM read it to me verbatim, so I feel satisfied that my request isn't lost. At this late date, I'm guessing I had already been entered into the system.

Bender123

Touring Plans fax request is about the only way I have used that works almost 100% of the time.

PoppinsFan

Touring Plans fax request is about the only way I have used that works almost 100% of the time.
Did you also use the online check in with your touring plan fax request? I've just completed my first touring plan room request, and was wondering if I should also do the online check in. Thanks!

Bender123

Did you also use the online check in with your touring plan fax request? I've just completed my first touring plan room request, and was wondering if I should also do the online check in. Thanks!

I did and it was no problem. My trip last week was the room next to the one I requested, so as close to success as you can get without being a bullseye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom