Help on where to start PLEASE

Katelynn

Original Poster
Hello!
Okay so I recently have figured out that I would like to work for Disney in Florida. I would love to be an actress however I feel I would have a better chance striving to just work as a front desk person, working the rides, being a safari guide etc.
I am from Illinois and am about to graduate highschool and am going off to a junior college. I plan to be there for 2 years. Once I start my junior year in college I originally planned to transfer to a University. Could I still do this and go to Florida for the Disney College Program? OR could I find a way to take college classes online while trying to do the Disney College Program.? I am very new in my research and would just really appreciate it if I could get some opinions on how I should go about starting. And how much money I should focus on saving up while I continue to go to school here for now with my job I have now.
Thank you to anyone who answers!!!!!!!!

Domosuke

I'm trying to understand your situation. You want to be an actress/performer at Disney (which is very competitive by the way), and you feel if you worked in other positions you could eventually go back to that or work your way up to that?

I don't know what you meant by working the front desk. As there are two front desk jobs. One is the information booth, Guest Relations, the other is working at the Hotel front desk.

Working Guest Relations-CP's and people who just start working entry level at Disney do not get this position. There are people who worked at Disney for years that still can't get into this department. Nevertheless, no you will not gain any advantages into being a performer here. Except maybe be a tour guide.

Working the front desk at a hotel job-If you get a entry level hotel position other than housekeeping, it will do nothing to help you or give you an edge up, except maybe you'll have practice interacting with guests and you can use your acting skills. lol. No you won't get anything special when you try to "Audition" for a performer. Notice "Audition" in quotations. I'll get to that later.

Working the rides/Safari guide-This will not necessarily help you, except being an attractions host is about enthusiasm and being magical to the guests. It will not help you being a performer. However, you can eventually branch into the Entertainment department and you wouldn't necessarily be a performer, but instead an MC or a host and you would be working with the performers, dressing them up, planning all the shows, working behind the scenes etc.

Now going back to the actress thing. In order to be a performer or actress at Disney, you need to Audition. During the CP they have auditions you can do so it's real simple. You can be in any position, it doesn't matter. You just go through different stages. If you get picked, you can either keep the job you have now, or go onto be a performer, or do both if you are able to.

Second part of your question. Yes you can do online/take a break from classes and do the DCP. You just have to be enrolled and in class/taking those online classes the same semester you are applying for the DCP.

As far as saving money, that's really subjective. I can't tell you how to budget. The program I believe is 700 American dollars so it's quite a sum. Not counting the mad money you might want to use while you're on the program.

Best of luck to you. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom