HELP! My MDE app is no longer compatible?

Rob562

I'm not an expert when it comes to cell phone operating systems and apps, but the general problem is that you had an older version of the app already installed on your phone, but that the newest version is not compatible with your OS. If you'd done nothing at all, the existing program should have still worked, assuming that Disney was still allowing data to be accessed by it.

I know that there are ways to install older versions of apps back onto a phone even if they aren't the latest version available in the app store, but as I understand it there's a few issues: a) You have to be able to FIND the install file for the older version, b) your phone may have to be unlocked or at least the carrier may have to allow third-party apps to be installed. It may require you to "unlock/jailbreak" your phone. Unfortunately I have zero information on how to actually make any of those things happen.

-Rob

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oh thanks Rob, I wish I had never uninstalled it, maybe I could have called Disney to reset password somehow, oh well. I found a Samsung Galaxy with a 6.0 Android for 124$ and will get that to take to Disney. Should work better with the app anyhow.....but I think you are right, once it was installed it should still work, at some point this past year I did get an upgrade and MDE worked much better. Slideout keyboards are archaic I know, but I sure prefer texting that way. :angelic::happy:

bunnyman

Eventually they stop updating older versions of the apps when they introduce newer OS versions. Happened to my daughter with an Apple device that didn't support iOS 9. She stopped getting MDE updates when iOS 9 went live. The app is still there, but now shows former attractions and is missing new ones, etc.

EvilQueen-T

I have a motorola droid turbo that's a little over 2 years old. During one of the upgrades to the MDE app I wasn't able to see my reservations. It was a total pain during our March trip trying to see dining and fp times. I did the install/reinstall, called disney etc... and nothing helped. Then they upgraded/did a fix about a month later and it works fine again.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
yeah I could get to it on my browser but it was so pathetically archaic that I bit the bullet and got a new phone.....woohoo....MDE works quicker and better than ever as do many functions....I just will be turtle texting for a long while....vs my nifty pullout qwerty keyboard.....this one at least has autowords even when tilted sideways and that helps vastly. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom