Help Me With My Hollywood Studios Day Please!

21stamps

Ok so, at the start of all this madness I had booked a VIP Premium Tour- with plans to split Epcot and HS that day. Rational thinking set in, and about a month later I decided not to do the tour.

Now I don't know how to fit it all in on my own!

I'm hoping that EMM will be extended, but that hasn't been announced yet..which means I'll plan without it.

JTA is MANDATORY. So we will be arriving 45 minutes before park opening. What time should I try to get?
How should I schedule my fast passes if I don't know what time we will be doing JTA?

Ideal day-
Knock most of HS out in the morning/early afternoon, including Launch Bay.

Hop to Epcot, knock out Future World, or maybe the Story Tellers instead?

Return to HS for Minnie's Holiday Dine (5pm)

ToT and RnRC again, then Star Wars desert party (if it gets extended).

The park closes at 7 pm that night.

Thanks for any input!

Weather_Lady

I don't think you're going to be able to do JTA (which includes showing up long before your assigned show actually starts), plus Launch Bay (assuming you want to do both M&Gs), plus "most of HS" including RnRC and ToT, in half a day. At the very least, if you're going to devote your post-drop time to the JTA line, you're only going to get to do one of the Tier 1 FP+ attractions (if any - I'm assuming you'll be able to get a JTA show that doesn't conflict with it) without a long line, and if you do the others in standby, you won't have time for any lesser attractions.

My best advice is to get a touringplans subscription, if you don't have one already, and mock up a personalized touring plan for that day. Have the website optimize it for you, which will take into account the date of your visit and park hours that day and what the lines will look like at what time, and see how much you can get done and in what combination. You can tinker with it at your leisure and decide what works best for you, at least as a starting point (since JTA is a wild card).

If I were you I'd try to get the very first JTA show of the day (so you save some time not having to show up early again), or else a JTA time late in your HS morning visit (so it's the last thing you do before you leave for Epcot). Make your FP+ for RnRC, and do it right in the middle of your morning HS visit, so it's likely to fall either well before or well after JTA. Do whatever else you can squeeze in around that, going to the higher-priority attractions first, and skipping any with really long lines (saving them for when you come back later in the day -- you can get in line right up until park closing time).

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I would never recommend park hopping twice in one day, especially a day that ends at 7:00. You end up spending far to much time getting from place to place. There's nowhere near enough time to "knock out Future World" with all you plan on doing at DHS. If JTA is mandatory, you plan on doing Launch Bay, and the park closes at 7:00, DHS will easily be a full day park for you.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I don't think you're going to be able to do JTA (which includes showing up long before your assigned show actually starts), plus Launch Bay (assuming you want to do both M&Gs), plus "most of HS" including RnRC and ToT, in half a day. At the very least, if you're going to devote your post-drop time to the JTA line, you're only going to get to do one of the Tier 1 FP+ attractions (if any - I'm assuming you'll be able to get a JTA show that doesn't conflict with it) without a long line, and if you do the others in standby, you won't have time for any lesser attractions.

My best advice is to get a touringplans subscription, if you don't have one already, and mock up a personalized touring plan for that day. Have the website optimize it for you, which will take into account the date of your visit and park hours that day and what the lines will look like at what time, and see how much you can get done and in what combination. You can tinker with it at your leisure and decide what works best for you, at least as a starting point (since JTA is a wild card).

If I were you I'd try to get the very first JTA show of the day (so you save some time not having to show up early again), or else a JTA time late in your HS morning visit (so it's the last thing you do before you leave for Epcot). Make your FP+ for RnRC, and do it right in the middle of your morning HS visit, so it's likely to fall either well before or well after JTA. Do whatever else you can squeeze in around that, going to the higher-priority attractions first, and skipping any with really long lines (saving them for when you come back later in the day -- you can get in line right up until park closing time).
Thank you! The main reason for the VIP tour was because it included a guaranteed JTA spot. I just can't justify that amount of money on this trip. Not with everything else we have going on this year, and I'm unwilling to cut back elsewhere. Like I said though, JTA is a must do, so I'll have to work everything around that..and hope it doesn't conflict with my fast pass selections. Do you know what time the first show is?
I would never recommend park hopping twice in one day, especially a day that ends at 7:00. You end up spending far to much time getting from place to place. There's nowhere near enough time to "knock out Future World" with all you plan on doing at DHS. If JTA is mandatory, you plan on doing Launch Bay, and the park closes at 7:00, DHS will easily be a full day park for you.
The early morning magic is probably my only hope..I think you're right about future world, maybe if EMM is extended, we may be able to see a few Story Tellers. If not, I'll have to accept that we're not going to be able to do it all.

Upvote 0

VeroniqueB

How early should I arrive to HS if I want to get the first Jedi training show?

A little before rope drop to be in front of the line and you should be ok, better if you can get a PPO at Hollywood & Vine.

I'm not going to be helpful, but I don't think your day sounds fun at all. So much wasted time in transportation and you will end up skipping "must-do" because wait time and reservation will make you panic.

If you have more then one day in the park, I would change it around. I would do a whole day in HS and a whole day in Epcot, but since you have hopper maybe you can do HS morning-early afternoon and Epcot late pm-night and come back another night for the Star wars fireworks/dessert party?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
A little before rope drop to be in front of the line and you should be ok, better if you can get a PPO at Hollywood & Vine.

I'm not going to be helpful, but I don't think your day sounds fun at all. So much wasted time in transportation and you will end up skipping "must-do" because wait time and reservation will make you panic.

If you have more then one day in the park, I would change it around. I would do a whole day in HS and a whole day in Epcot, but since you have hopper maybe you can do HS morning-early afternoon and Epcot late pm-night and come back another night for the Star wars fireworks/dessert party?
I don't have time for another day. The only reason I purchased hoppers was for this one day. I am using a non expiring ticket (only 2 days remaining), so purchased 2 extra days for me and 4 day hopper for kiddo.

We will first be at WDW 11/24-11/26- arriving @ 2am 11/25 (so 11/24 doesn't count). Originally I had planned on doing Epcot on 11/25..rope drop thru evening with a short break. I had booked a CP dinner package for that night as well. The crowd prediction scares the heck out of me, especially when we will be running on little sleep. So I decided to switch our resort reservation from the Swan to AKL club level, and just do a resort day at AKL to avoid the crowds. We leave on the DCL Fantasy 11/26-12/3 and return to WDW 12/3-12/7 staying at the Contemporary. Our arrival day is Ohana, parasailing, sea raycers, and heading to WL for a dinner at Whispering Canyon and to see the decorations. We will return to our room to watch Wishes from our balcony and then sleep. The next morning 12/4 is MK- rope drop til 7pm (party night that we aren't attending). 12/5 is the HS day. 12/6 is a pirate cruise out of GF in the morning, and then MVMCP that night. 12/7-fly home.

This is such a short stay that I just don't know how to fit all of the priorities in! We are skipping AK due to time, and still trying to figure out if we will be able to make it to DS- that would have to be on the HS day as well. I've realized that I have to give up the Candlelight Processional, but I just have to be able to find a little Epcot time somewhere!!!

Upvote 0

VeroniqueB

Ah! maybe you could go back to the original plan and not cancel the Epcot on 11/25, you could just sleep in and do a shorter day? Even 1 crowded day is better then nothing or a rushed day, no? I never do any resort day, but you might feel differently so good luck ! :)

Edit to add : Or you could do a HS / Epcot day and after your MK day, attend the SW dessert party?

Upvote 0

RMichael21

I don't have time for another day. The only reason I purchased hoppers was for this one day. I am using a non expiring ticket (only 2 days remaining), so purchased 2 extra days for me and 4 day hopper for kiddo.

We will first be at WDW 11/24-11/26- arriving @ 2am 11/25 (so 11/24 doesn't count). Originally I had planned on doing Epcot on 11/25..rope drop thru evening with a short break. I had booked a CP dinner package for that night as well. The crowd prediction scares the heck out of me, especially when we will be running on little sleep. So I decided to switch our resort reservation from the Swan to AKL club level, and just do a resort day at AKL to avoid the crowds. We leave on the DCL Fantasy 11/26-12/3 and return to WDW 12/3-12/7 staying at the Contemporary. Our arrival day is Ohana, parasailing, sea raycers, and heading to WL for a dinner at Whispering Canyon and to see the decorations. We will return to our room to watch Wishes from our balcony and then sleep. The next morning 12/4 is MK- rope drop til 7pm (party night that we aren't attending). 12/5 is the HS day. 12/6 is a pirate cruise out of GF in the morning, and then MVMCP that night. 12/7-fly home.

This is such a short stay that I just don't know how to fit all of the priorities in! We are skipping AK due to time, and still trying to figure out if we will be able to make it to DS- that would have to be on the HS day as well. I've realized that I have to give up the Candlelight Processional, but I just have to be able to find a little Epcot time somewhere!!!
Honestly, if you're so concerned about time in the parks, I'd cut your parasailing, sea racers, etc, even if you cut out half of that stuff. You chose quite a bit of stuff that takes up time that's extra money. I can't see you having fun if you're rushed in the parks, just because you chose to do other extra stuff. If anything, I'd save that kind of stuff for a longer trip where you have more time to do everything.

But, if you're still wanting to do it, I'd do what @VeroniqueB said and go to Epcot for at least half a day. You really don't have to be there at rope drop. If you sleep in, arrive at the park around noon and stay until 9, that's easily more time at Epcot than you would have had in the first place, and you can take a more relaxed pace. When I was at Epcot, we "knocked out" Epcot like you're saying from 10am to 8pm. If you're scared of crowds, then I'd find it more daunting to have only 3 hours at Epcot, where you'd likely only get Test Track, Soarin' and a few other things.

Also another tip (I don't know if you can move party nights for MVMCP, but you could probably skip the MK morning and the Pirate cruise), you could spend a full day at MK by having the same morning at MK be your MVMCP day?

Also, if you're not going to go to the parks on 11/25, why would you stay in WDW, which is an extremely expensive add on. If you stay off-site near the airport, you'd save a ridiculous amount of money. You could even fly in later and drive to Port Canaveral and stay there on 11/25 and go on your cruise and then spend your time WDW after. Just a suggestion, but if you're not going to the parks, I personally don't see the value of staying at WDW for 2 nights where you could put your money elsewhere.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Ah! maybe you could go back to the original plan and not cancel the Epcot on 11/25, you could just sleep in and do a shorter day? Even 1 crowded day is better then nothing or a rushed day, no? I never do any resort day, but you might feel differently so good luck ! :)

Edit to add : Or you could do a HS / Epcot day and after your MK day, attend the SW dessert party?
That's what I've been trying to figure out, if a crowded day is better than none.lol That day was originally supposed to be split with the tour..with level 9 crowds I don't know if hopping would be a possibility, I would think we would need a mid day break. I wish I would just decide and be done with it!
Honestly, if you're so concerned about time in the parks, I'd cut your parasailing, sea racers, etc, even if you cut out half of that stuff. You chose quite a bit of stuff that takes up time that's extra money. I can't see you having fun if you're rushed in the parks, just because you chose to do other extra stuff. If anything, I'd save that kind of stuff for a longer trip where you have more time to do everything.

But, if you're still wanting to do it, I'd do what @VeroniqueB said and go to Epcot for at least half a day. You really don't have to be there at rope drop. If you sleep in, arrive at the park around noon and stay until 9, that's easily more time at Epcot than you would have had in the first place, and you can take a more relaxed pace. When I was at Epcot, we "knocked out" Epcot like you're saying from 10am to 8pm. If you're scared of crowds, then I'd find it more daunting to have only 3 hours at Epcot, where you'd likely only get Test Track, Soarin' and a few other things.

Also another tip (I don't know if you can move party nights for MVMCP, but you could probably skip the MK morning and the Pirate cruise), you could spend a full day at MK by having the same morning at MK be your MVMCP day?

Also, if you're not going to go to the parks on 11/25, why would you stay in WDW, which is an extremely expensive add on. If you stay off-site near the airport, you'd save a ridiculous amount of money. You could even fly in later and drive to Port Canaveral and stay there on 11/25 and go on your cruise and then spend your time WDW after. Just a suggestion, but if you're not going to the parks, I personally don't see the value of staying at WDW for 2 nights where you could put your money elsewhere.
Epcot on 11/25 would be Future World, break for 2 hours maybe, and then WS for the Story Tellers, Garden Grill CP package dinner, with the late Candlelight Processional show.

I can't skip the pirate cruise. They were all booked up last trip and I felt horrible when they pulled up to Poly and my son wasn't on it. I reserved it exactly at the 180 day mark this time, it's something he really wants to do. Sea Raycers are also something he loves. We could technically do the Sea Raycers and Parasailing after the Pirate Adventure Cruise,still have time to rest before MVMCP, and allow us to go to Epcot for half a day on 12/3.

If we skip the parks when at AKL we would be doing all of the events that they host during the day, I was surprised at how much they offer! So it will be a fun day. It's Thanksgiving night and day after, so every hotel is expensive, Disney or not. Obviously Club Level at AKL is more than the airport or Port Canaveral, but like I said, I switched from the Swan after I decided to not do a park, so when figure in the CP package, tickets, and other food it comes out to about the same money spent.

I LOVE your suggestion about the WDW/MVMCP combo. I have thought about it sooooo many times. I just don't think I can do that to my kid again, I don't want him falling asleep while in line for a ride (this happened while in line for Big Thunder Mountain last year!).

I'm driving myself crazy.

Upvote 0

RMichael21

That's what I've been trying to figure out, if a crowded day is better than none.lol That day was originally supposed to be split with the tour..with level 9 crowds I don't know if hopping would be a possibility, I would think we would need a mid day break. I wish I would just decide and be done with it!

Epcot on 11/25 would be Future World, break for 2 hours maybe, and then WS for the Story Tellers, Garden Grill CP package dinner, with the late Candlelight Processional show.

I can't skip the pirate cruise. They were all booked up last trip and I felt horrible when they pulled up to Poly and my son wasn't on it. I reserved it exactly at the 180 day mark this time, it's something he really wants to do. Sea Raycers are also something he loves. We could technically do the Sea Raycers and Parasailing after the Pirate Adventure Cruise,still have time to rest before MVMCP, and allow us to go to Epcot for half a day on 12/3.

If we skip the parks when at AKL we would be doing all of the events that they host during the day, I was surprised at how much they offer! So it will be a fun day. It's Thanksgiving night and day after, so every hotel is expensive, Disney or not. Obviously Club Level at AKL is more than the airport or Port Canaveral, but like I said, I switched from the Swan after I decided to not do a park, so when figure in the CP package, tickets, and other food it comes out to about the same money spent.

I LOVE your suggestion about the WDW/MVMCP combo. I have thought about it sooooo many times. I just don't think I can do that to my kid again, I don't want him falling asleep while in line for a ride (this happened while in line for Big Thunder Mountain last year!).

I'm driving myself crazy.
Sounds great! Just wanted to open your options. But, what you could do, do the Sea Raycers and water activities on 11/25 and do Epcot on the day originally planned for that? :)

Nonetheless, you'll have a fantastic time! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom