Help me find a new Disney podcast

LeafsFanNL

Original Poster
Hi,

I've followed WDWToday for many years. I always found the cast to be informative, (most of the time), but more importantly, they were always willing to call Disney on choices that were questionable. All of the other podcasts seem to be produced by people too affected by the pixie dust. In January, ¾ of the old cast retired were replaced, and sadly after giving the new cast a fair chance, I'm looking for a more balanced podcast on the parks.

Is there a podcast you would recommend?

Thanks

glvsav37

If you want a podcast thats equally unbiased, then look to DisUnplugged. Formula for the show is pretty straight forward but they give Disney their what-for when needed.

I also like the Wakefield Report/E-Ticket Report for straight up news.

I gave up on WDWToday after Len and the guys left b/c the new guys are just too 'game show' sounding for me. IMO they are trying too hard with all the jingles and over produced segments. Thankfully, I can get my Len fix when he is with Jim Hill on the Disney Dish PC, I also subscribe to their Bandcamp station (the only podcast content i actually pay for, so thats saying something.)

There is nothing wrong with pixie dust, and when I'm in the mood for it, Lou at WDW Radio is the best.

Retro Disney is a great break for when I want to reminisce. Same for Mousetalgia

World_Showcase_Lover007

Try the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast with Len Testa and Jim Hill. They tend to tell it like it is. No pixie dust for miles. The downside is that they only do two shows per month.

I also like WEDway Radio with Nate and Matt Parish. This podcast is geared toward the history of the parks, which I like.

I too enjoyed WDW Today previously, and find it hard to listen to the new guys. They seem to talk about a lot of things that I have no interest in like musicals and the Spice Girls, as well as spending half the show promoting their upcoming event which is something like six months away. I am also getting annoyed by the "dramatic reading" of listener questions where one of the guys acts like he is on NPR or something. They also have been answering the same type of listener questions over and over. To top it off, they bring on Len Testa (who I like very much) to answer the listener questions, but then the WDW Radio guys barely let Len talk and then give the most ridiculous answers! It's Len's segment to answer questions! Let him do his job!

SeanWM48

big fan of DIS unplugged. Pete's very passionate and his rants are always fun. Lots of content on their youtube page. been listening for years and can't say enough good things about the show.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I've only recently found the DISunplugged and have been listening for a couple of months now. I agree that they are all very passionate about what they do, and also they tell it like it is when something is amiss, which I like. There are parts that you have to fast-foward through (aka Housekeeping) but I very much like their podcast. I've also been listening to their special series on Connecting with Walt which I generally like despite a few hiccups I've noticed regarding certain facts and myths about Walt (but then again, I'm not necessarily an expert either) I can say that being able to watch on youtube while you listen is definitely a plus that not every podcast offers.

SeanWM48

I also just found DISunplugged and really enjoy them. Their Youtube videos where they review restaurants are interesting and fun to watch.
lol you can always count on Kevin to absolutely bury a restaurant. that guy is never satisfied. makes for some entertaining discussion

Jim Possible

I'm partial to Pirates & Princesses.

It's a husband and wife team who don't take Disney TOO seriously, but clearly love it.

Last edited:

eeyoremum

Hi,

I've followed WDWToday for many years. I always found the cast to be informative, (most of the time), but more importantly, they were always willing to call Disney on choices that were questionable. All of the other podcasts seem to be produced by people too affected by the pixie dust. In January, ¾ of the old cast retired were replaced, and sadly after giving the new cast a fair chance, I'm looking for a more balanced podcast on the parks.

Is there a podcast you would recommend?

Thanks

I gave the new guys a fair shot too about 5 or so months. I just can't get into the show. I understand they have to promote their other podcasts but not all the time.

I think they will find a new following but I am looking elsewhere too.

Thanks for the suggestions

One that is definitely worth a try is The Florida Project. It's more lighthearted and generally enjoyable to listen to, not entirely negative and bashing. If you're looking for something new, check them out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom