Help me convince my dh

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We haven't been back since fp+, and my dh is mot looking forward to it. What should I tell him? How do I convince him it's going to be OK?

ShareBDwithMickey

It is like all systems, some love some don't. It allows far better planning if you are wired that way & isn't fundamentally different to the old system.

However the major difference is that pretty much everyone knows about fp+ even those who didn't know about the old system this does massively increase utilisation which has diminished the system for those individuals who knew best how to take advantage of the old way.

He may actually like it better but he isn't going to know till he tries it, only he will know if it suits him nothing we say changes that. The only way he can evaluate it is take a trip.

SAV

I really liked having everything already picked out and scheduled. That way I could tour without having to rush off to the next attraction to get a legacy FP and hope it fits into the time window I wanted.

Also, If I couldn't get the family up and out to be there at Rope Drop, I knew I wasn't going to miss out on TSMM or Soarin' or 7DMT, etc. I already had the reservation and "knew" I was going on it. Seemed less hectic. Also it allowed me to sign my son up for Jedi Training instead of splitting and rushing to TSMM and Jedi since I already had TSMM.

habuma

I was *very* skeptical of FP+. But now that we've been exposed to it a few times (once while paper was also available and twice with just FP+) I gotta say that I'm now on board with it. It was very telling for me when we went to Disneyland this summer and I felt completely lost without having made my FP selections before entering the park; I had already become that familiar with FP+.

For me, the worst part of it is not having the same kind of flexibility with the 4th, 5th,...Nth FPs. With a paper FP, you could often get decent selections each time you went back to the FP machine. But with FP+, you end up waiting in line to select a new FP from an already diminished pool of FPs.

The other downside is that it seems to have made the lines longer at some attractions than they were before. But I don't think that has anything to do with FP+ per se...but more that they offer FP+ for attractions that don't really need it and it has (as was their plan) spread the crowd out more evenly. Even so, I can't say that FP+ has ruined the experience.

One thing that might be a good thing about FP+ is that you have (assuming you plan ahead) more flexibility with the FP you get. With paper FP, you were stuck getting whatever window of time the machine spat out at you and you were stuck with that for at least an hour before you could go get another FP. With FP+ a little bit of up-front planning allows you some flexibility to pick from several times and decide which suits you best. Yeah, you must pick that TSMM 60 days in advance to get a good selection, but at least you're not being given a paper FP that coincides with your ADR or Fantasmic! (or whatever other more strictly scheduled thing you'd like to do) and you're stuck with a useless paper FP.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You still get the ability to bypass the standby queues with FastPass+ (but then again they've done a lot with interactive queues so you'll miss those). You get control of your schedule if you like to eat at table service venues, watch the 3 o'clock parade, or even leave the parks for a break. Its more like the paper fast pass program than most will admit to but will keep you from going to an atraction just to get a slip of paper to go back there later.

pajammies

Good for you!! I often do the same!

That would work except we'll be driving and I like to nap part of the way down

I will say, you are probably ahead of me in the game, my husband has ZERO interest in Disney. He did the obligatory trips with each of ours kids and then one more trip together with all of us. He officially declined any more Disney trips. My 9 year old didn't like Disney and my 16 year old loves it. Who would have thought... a husband and a 9 year old that don't want to go! :rolleyes:

Anyway, as far as FP+ goes, I haven't been there since FP+ started, I at first was horrified at all the planning I would have to do. But then I warmed up to the fact that we don't need to be at rope drop or run to the paper fastpass kiosks. Now I'm somewhere in the middle. The planning, to me, is ridiculous. But if Disney allowed more initial picks (like maybe 4-6) that would be a huge improvement. Or allowing folks to pick 2-3 more at the in-park kiosks (instead of one at a time) so you're not standing in line at those all the time. Either to me would be a huge improvement. As it stands right now, I'm thinking I won't like it, but just not sure.

I also don't like (assuming this is indeed the case) that other rides (ones that didn't use to have long waits) are now longer waits, due to Disney spreading people out throughout the parks. Because before, you may not have needed a FP for X ride, but now, you actually need all the obvious fastpasses plus the ones that have gotten longer. Does that make sense? :facepalm:

4disneylovers

I have mixed feelings. I hate planning that far in advance but it has been nice to preschedule The impossible ones to get. The bottom line is get on board if you want a good experience. If things don't work A couple of the days at least having some work out is better than waiting until the day of and nothing being left.

DfromATX

We haven't been back since fp+, and my dh is mot looking forward to it. What should I tell him? How do I convince him it's going to be OK?

Same here! Our last trip was 2013 and it was only in test mode then. I'm kind of worried about it myself. I've heard a mixture of reviews, some hate it, some like it.

DfromATX

I will say, you are probably ahead of me in the game, my husband has ZERO interest in Disney. He did the obligatory trips with each of ours kids and then one more trip together with all of us. He officially declined any more Disney trips. My 9 year old didn't like Disney and my 16 year old loves it. Who would have thought... a husband and a 9 year old that don't want to go! :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

I have a 12 year old and believe it or not, he enjoys cruising more than Disney! How weird is that? LOL I have 3 older kids (17, 18, & 19, not to mention a 52 year old husband), who all LOVE Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom