Help, Limo Suggestions

gboiler1

Original Poster
I have received 4 quotes w/i $20 of each other for limo service for a three legged land and sea trip in September. In the past we have done Tiffany Towncar and Top One Tours. Does anyone have suggestions? Should I go with the cheapest or is one truly better than the others in what they offer?

Another quote from Happy Limo was considerably higher, but not sure of the pros and cons.

Thanks for any opinions.

lawyergirl77

Our upcoming trip will be the first time that my family doesn't use Tiffany Town Car for our trip from the airport. Mind you, last time our driver was a rather sullen fellow who pretty much complained the entire time about the fact that DME was about to start up and that "those "/$/ers at Mears" were going to be "stealing" his fares. Then he started berating us for not doing the Publix grocery store stop. :(

As a result, I am not sure how much I'm going to miss Tiffany's services. I can only imagine that it has gotten worse since DME has started operations...

So while I would still encourage people to use Tiffany Town Car given how wonderful their services have been in the past, things seemed to be changing for the worse last time I used them...

swimmom

We've used Tiffany Towncars & Quicksilver on past trips. Both were excellent as far as service goes, however our drivers from Quicksilver were much more personable.

As much as I would like to take advantage of the Magical Express for our next trip we have decided to use Quicksilver again. We will be arriving in Orlando around 10:00 pm and I'm thinking that we could get to our resort quicker by towncar with our luggage.

wannabeBelle

If you are going to use a towncar type of service I would definitely recommend Quicksilver as well. They were on time, the car was gorgeous and the drivers were professional and friendly. Belle

lcsrig

We've used Quicksilver twice and I've been very impressed both times. Professional and polite! Nice, clean vehicles. Patient, respectable drivers.
Using them again in Feb!

gboiler1

Original Poster
Quicksilver was one we were considering. The lowest rate offer was from FL Tours, anyone hear good or bad about them?

BRER STITCH

bgraham34 said:
I use Quicksilver and like them. But I am never sure how much to tip.

Hey BGRAHAM34! :wave:

The perrenial question of tipping those guys is always a tough call and varies from situation to situation.

In addition to considering how good the driver is, how many passengers there are, and # of bags you have, I think $2 per person PLUS $1 a bag is a good rule - IF HE IS HANDLING THEM FOR YOU! (IE. 5 people = $10 plus 7 bags = $7 = TOTAL $17) one way.

Many will differ with this but it comes down to about $15 - $20 EACH WAY.

The reason I was writing though was just to tell you to not tip for your RETURN TRIP upon arrival because its easier to include it on your charge. I found out that the return trip is often by a different driver and it is kind of awkward to explain that you gave another driver his tip a week earlier! Have enough cash on you to pay each guy separately. :lol:

morrismhs

I have used Quicksilve twice and thought they were great both times. They were waiting for us at baggage claim and were on time to take us back to the Airport. I would definitely use them again. We love the grocery stop too.

DMDK

Quicksilver is great. They are always quick to respond to e-mails and Gregory himself called me recently to verify our arrangements. They are worth the few extra bucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom