Help getting to the parks from PO Riverside

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
We're going to be staying at Riverside next month and we were wondering what would be the best/fastest way using Disney transportation, to get to the parks early in the morning. Particularly to Magic Kingdom, and to the Polynesian Resort since they're the ones that are farthest.

Thanks for the help.

gonetowdw

We have been staying at POR for the past 15 years. We have found from experience that it is best to walk to the South Depot to get a bus in the morning. The South Depot is in front of the building past Fulton's. At times the busses get full at this stop and do not circle around to the other 3 depots. We have also noticed that at times, they start the busses in the back of the buildings but this does not seem to happen as frequently. The other thing to be aware of is that the busses are shared with French Quarter. If the bus is not full, it will depart POR and go to French Quarter to pick up. Once you get to the Magic Kingdom, you can take the Monorail or the boat launch to the Polynesian.

Mukta

You don't have too many options if you are using Disney transportation. Bus to MK.

Personally, I take a cab to the contemporary and walk to the MK from there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, just wondering if going over to Epcot and catching the monorail from there to the MK would take less time?

No. While Epcot is closer as the crow flies the bus route is a fair length. Waiting for a bus, going to Epcot walking to the loading platform, waiting on a monorail and then taking the monorail to MK, would nearly double your transit time vs just taking the bus to MK.

JohnD

I'm staying at POFQ later this fall. I have 7:30 ADR breakfast at Kona Cafe so was thinking of driving to the TTC then walking over to Poly. Ferry/monorail to MK. But then I heard that buses run as early as 6:30.

mickey2008.1

There are three choices: buses, boats, and taxis, if you dont have a car. The best and cheapest way is a direct bus. Just have to wait at POR, because I think POFQ is the first pick up. We will just take our time and see what happens. Never had an issue with busing at the mods, only at the deluxe resorts.

experiment624

There are three choices: buses, boats, and taxis, if you dont have a car. The best and cheapest way is a direct bus. Just have to wait at POR, because I think POFQ is the first pick up. We will just take our time and see what happens. Never had an issue with busing at the mods, only at the deluxe resorts.

Oh, I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing, what difference have you experienced in busing at the moderates vs deluxe resorts? Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom