Help from Car Renters?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I don't know if this is where this thread should go or not but I figure it might get the most traffic. I just need some help from my fellow Disney addicts. So normally we just fly to MCO and let the Magical Express pick us up but now that airfare is just so insanely high we've decided to actually fly Allegiant from here in Knoxville for much cheaper BUT that means we have to rent a car to get from the Tampa Airport to our resort. We are only using the car to get us to the resort and then picking up another car on the last day to take us back to the airport. So should I take the car over to drop our luggage off and then drive straight to the Car Care Center and let them take us over to the Magic Kingdom or can we just walk from the Car Care Center to the TTC? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I don't know if this is where this thread should go or not but I figure it might get the most traffic. I just need some help from my fellow Disney addicts. So normally we just fly to MCO and let the Magical Express pick us up but now that airfare is just so insanely high we've decided to actually fly Allegiant from here in Knoxville for much cheaper BUT that means we have to rent a car to get from the Tampa Airport to our resort. We are only using the car to get us to the resort and then picking up another car on the last day to take us back to the airport. So should I take the car over to drop our luggage off and then drive straight to the Car Care Center and let them take us over to the Magic Kingdom or can we just walk from the Car Care Center to the TTC? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

You cannot walk safely from the Car Care Center to TTC. There is no safe walking path between the locations. Take the transport they provide.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
You cannot walk safely from the Car Care Center to TTC. There is no safe walking path between the locations. Take the transport they provide.
That's what I was thinking. We are members at BLT but I never really pay attention to that Car Care Center because we have always been on Disney's transportation for years. So here's another question too as to why I need to get over to MK as quickly as possible. We are landing in Tampa at 3:03 and we have reservations at The Plaza at 8:30. Are we gonna be up against the clock by waiting on the Car Care transportation because it's separate from Disney's right?

donsullivan

Premium Member
While I've never used the rental car transport I can probably suggest one option. Once you leave the hotel, if it feels like it might get be tight, drop the rest of your party at Lost and Found next to TTC while you're making the loop around the parking lot and they can head to your ADR and the driver can catch up.

BrerJon

I used Car Care's shuttle and it was quite quick, not much hanging around waiting for the driver, so if you tell them you need a ride to the TTC I'm sure they can take you within a few minutes. Five hours to get from Tampa, drop off a car and get to MK seems plenty of time.

We fly from Kingsport down to Sanford every time. Just curious, is it cheaper to drop off at the Car Care Center or just keep the car for the duration of the trip?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
We fly from Kingsport down to Sanford every time. Just curious, is it cheaper to drop off at the Car Care Center or just keep the car for the duration of the trip?
In my case it seemed cheaper to just rent one on day one and then get it back for the return trip to the airport. It was like $25 I think for the first day and maybe $30 on the last day when I get it back to go back to the airport. I hate to go through all this headache and would prefer to just use the Magical Express but Delta and United are just absolutely outrageous so I bit the bullet and went for Allegiant instead.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I used Car Care's shuttle and it was quite quick, not much hanging around waiting for the driver, so if you tell them you need a ride to the TTC I'm sure they can take you within a few minutes. Five hours to get from Tampa, drop off a car and get to MK seems plenty of time.
This makes me feel a whole lot better. Thanks for this.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Have you looked into Orlando-Sanford? Allegiant flies there as well.
Yeah but they only fly there on certain days and they didn't have a flight to that one on the day we were leaving. Also sometimes their flights are more expensive and so I just started looking at different airports and saw that Tampa wasn't that much farther and fit our schedule and was actually cheaper so I just decided to do that. I really just wish Allegiant would fly to MCO but maybe they can't afford to use that airport and keep low rates or something?

rob0519

That's what I was thinking. We are members at BLT but I never really pay attention to that Car Care Center because we have always been on Disney's transportation for years. So here's another question too as to why I need to get over to MK as quickly as possible. We are landing in Tampa at 3:03 and we have reservations at The Plaza at 8:30. Are we gonna be up against the clock by waiting on the Car Care transportation because it's separate from Disney's right?

If you're coming in on a weekday, keep in mind that after arriving in Tampa at 3:03 you'll probably be hitting the Orlando/ WDW rush hour traffic that can be horrendous between 4:00 and 6:00. Still, you should have more than enough time to make your reservation.

CaptainAmerica

If you're coming in on a weekday, keep in mind that after arriving in Tampa at 3:03 you'll probably be hitting the Orlando/ WDW rush hour traffic that can be horrendous between 4:00 and 6:00. Still, you should have more than enough time to make your reservation.
There's no Orlando / WDW rush hour traffic that far south / west. People underestimate how far Orlando proper is from WDW, and the Orlando rush hour traffic doesn't make it past "the attractions," as they call it on local radio. If he can get out of Tampa by rush hour, he'll have smooth sailing through Exit 62, which he should take regardless of where he's heading on property.

rob0519

There's no Orlando / WDW rush hour traffic that far south / west. People underestimate how far Orlando proper is from WDW, and the Orlando rush hour traffic doesn't make it past "the attractions," as they call it on local radio. If he can get out of Tampa by rush hour, he'll have smooth sailing through Exit 62, which he should take regardless of where he's heading on property.

Thanks for the information and the correction. Always good to get the advice of a local person when travelling.

CaptainAmerica

Thanks for the information and the correction. Always good to get the advice of a local person when travelling.
*Former* local person ;).

When I first moved to Florida, I lived near Universal which is squarely between WDW and Orlando and the traffic in that area was absolutely appalling. I moved a couple of times but eventually ended up in Champions Gate, which is just south of Celebration. It's amazing how little traffic there is on that side of WDW.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
What hotel are you staying at?
We'll be at AKL the first 2 days and BLT the last 6. We are members at BLT but my little boy loves the Savannah View so we are spending a couple of days there just because he likes it so much. So I figure it will be really easy to get our car rental on the last day because it's so close to our home resort. I just figure we should drive to the Car Care Center from AKL and then hitch a ride to the MK.

DiSnEyF@n

Yeah, that's probably your best bet. I know that Disney Dolphin has an Alamo and National rental car drop off and pick up at their hotel. I didn't know if you were staying close to the resorts surrounding Epcot. Sounds like you've got it all covered though :)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Yeah, that's probably your best bet. I know that Disney Dolphin has an Alamo and National rental car drop off and pick up at their hotel. I didn't know if you were staying close to the resorts surrounding Epcot. Sounds like you've got it all covered though :)
Hm. Knowing that I'm almost tempted to just drop it off there and walk over to Epcot and get on the monorail after dropping it off. LOL!

G00fyDad

13015360_1221172794582288_6576935058864509881_n.jpg

Unless you want to play a real life game of Frogger. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom