Help/advice/anything please

pixeemom

Original Poster
Me and a friend are reg. for the PHM, the dilemma is, she is now going through a divorce and its not a good one, she is a good friend but I have to say she is very flaky
frown.gif

without totally sounding like I am bashing her, my dilemma is, I am very nervous she will bail on me....which I don't mind because I am meeting another friend to run with to, and its Disney, there will be plenty of people around that I won't feel alone....
Now so far I have put the deposit on my CC for the hotel, and I am sorta the one in charge of this little trip being she works and I am home to sit on the PC, so my question is, do I book her airfare as well, with the benefit of the doubt she will come and pay me back, or do I tell her she needs to book her own air fare?
Or do I tell her I need the money up front because my CC bill is extremely high and the interest rate is killing me (which is very true).

part 2 of the question is:
there is no way Disney will allow someone else to run under her bib and name is there?
when I did the tot i can't remember if they checked for ID or not

help
confused.gif

Sumrdog

If it were me I would ask for money up front for the airfare and whatever other things you have paid for.
As for bib transfers they don't allow it. I think you can defer your registration to the following year if needed, but it has to be the person named running. I am sure people run wearing other peoples bibs, but it's frowned upon.
Good luck! And have fun at the PHM, I loved it!

dreamfinder

I would let her book her own airfare. Much easier in case she does need to cancel, no need for you to get the refund and then pay her back, or worry about not being able to get refunds, etc.

Officially, there is no way for anyone else to run using her bib. They are no longer allowing for people other than the runner to pick up their own bib which eliminated the loophole most people used to achieve this. If one happened to have a spare ID and knew someone who happened to pass for the picture on said ID, one might be able to theoretically use said ID to claim the bib, however this could end up with both parties being prohibited from registering for any runDisney race in the future. She can look into the deferment option, for which runDisney currently provides the following info
  • If you are currently registered for The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before February 5, 2015.
  • Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by January 8, 2015. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between January 9 and February 5, 2015.
  • Deferrals are not allowed for The Princess 5K, runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases.
  • The deferral link will be available December 9, 2014 .
If she starts to head down that path, you may be able to push this as a girls weekend, chance to have fun, get away from any crazyness she is going through at home, etc. I'm sure she would probably appreciate doing something like that if its a rough time.

LindsayLoves

Good luck! I think we all have a friend like this and I hope it all works out for you in the end.

It would be better for both of you if she booked her own airfare, just to save the potential drama down the line if she does decide to cancel and she wants money back from you, that way she'll have to deal with the airline and not you. No matter how busy she is she should be able to find the 10 minutes to book a flight at some point in her day, especially if you provide her with flight numbers and times.

pixeemom

Original Poster
Good luck! I think we all have a friend like this and I hope it all works out for you in the end.

It would be better for both of you if she booked her own airfare, just to save the potential drama down the line if she does decide to cancel and she wants money back from you, that way she'll have to deal with the airline and not you. No matter how busy she is she should be able to find the 10 minutes to book a flight at some point in her day, especially if you provide her with flight numbers and times.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixeemom

Original Poster
I would let her book her own airfare. Much easier in case she does need to cancel, no need for you to get the refund and then pay her back, or worry about not being able to get refunds, etc.

Officially, there is no way for anyone else to run using her bib. They are no longer allowing for people other than the runner to pick up their own bib which eliminated the loophole most people used to achieve this. If one happened to have a spare ID and knew someone who happened to pass for the picture on said ID, one might be able to theoretically use said ID to claim the bib, however this could end up with both parties being prohibited from registering for any runDisney race in the future. She can look into the deferment option, for which runDisney currently provides the following info
  • If you are currently registered for The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before February 5, 2015.
  • Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by January 8, 2015. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between January 9 and February 5, 2015.
  • Deferrals are not allowed for The Princess 5K, runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases.
  • The deferral link will be available December 9, 2014 .
If she starts to head down that path, you may be able to push this as a girls weekend, chance to have fun, get away from any crazyness she is going through at home, etc. I'm sure she would probably appreciate doing something like that if its a rough time.
Thank you for all the information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom