Trip Report Hell Comes to Florida - a WDW Trip Report 4/17

Hey there. While I've been posting trip reports on other sites for years, this is my first one here. By way of introduction, I'm a 60 year old single park stormer. I live in Dallas, but get out to Florida a couple times a year and SoCal (where I also have family) a couple times a year. I've been back for just over a week, but I was sick with my usual post-vacation cold for most of the week (dang them little snot-nosed kids!). Now it's a quiet day at work, so I have time to post all the fun and not-so-fun of my latest vacation. As you could probably tell by the title, it was freakin' HOT this trip - like record breaking heat, temps in the high-90's. At least the humidity wasn't sky-high, so you could usually jump into a shaded area and cool down a bit. And it cooled down during the evenings, which was nice. But from around 11am to around 6pm, it was just unbearable. And to make matters worse, it was totally cool in Dallas while I was gone, with temps in the low to mid 70's. Ah well, they can't all be perfect trips.

I've been having a problem with increasing age and decreasing energy. I think I've finally found a way around it, although I didn't use this method on this trip. I always start out at Epcot, finishing my first day with some fun time at the Rose & Crown Pub followed by a long walk around the World Showcase. My mistake is always to plan a full MK day for my 2nd day, including going into the MK after dinner to watch fireworks. I'm usually too beat to do this, and end up shuffling back to my room right after dinner. So the fix to all of this is to plan an easy day for my 2nd day, and then doing the MK on the 3rd or 4th day when I'm a bit better rested. I galls me to have to take this into consideration, but I'll give it a try on my next visit and see if it works better.

Day 1 - Wednesday, April 26th -

The day started with an early flight out of Dallas on American. I had a window seat, and the guy in the middle seat was just about as big as I was. So it was a bit tight, but liveable. Rental car was a Prius from Advantage. I'd never driven a hybrid before, and didn't really know how to work one. So it took a bit of fumbling just to get it started. Once I got used to it I had a great time with it. It was kinda fun to keep the alarm fob in my pocket and just push the button to start it. I don't closely track mileage on a rental car, but it did seem that my fuel bill at the end of the trip was quite a bit smaller than it usually is.

My flight was delayed a bit, so I headed right to the Pop Century rather than going into the MK for a few rides and maybe lunch. The Pop had my room ready, with a nice view of the bowling pool -

It cracked me up that the pool area had this prop -

Yup - a rack of bowling balls! My room carpet was pretty cool, too -

My first ride of this trip was a FP ride on Spaceship Earth -

Apparently I have a black wife, which is kinda cool -

Things were decked out nicely for the Flower & Garden Festival -

Next I did a ride on the Test Track, stopping off at the kiosk at the exit to do a full design of my own car and then doing the single rider. They had just come back up from a shutdown, and the single rider queue had yet to build up longer than 5 minutes long - very cool! Next was a FP visit to the Frozen sisters - still a very well done attraction. From there it was up to America to catch the last show of the day from the Voices of Liberty -

... always excellent.

danyoung56

Original Poster
Are you using any special app for the photos or just the stock photo app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I just use the camera that came with the phone, with no post-processing. It's a good little camera, and it sure beats lugging a big SLR with zoom lens around on my shoulder!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom