Trip Report Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Back to the World We Go! *COMPLETED*

237D6552-1F64-43BD-A431-02528C53BB69-14977-00001992335AB005.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. I am your host ~ your trip report host. Here in the following pages you'll see how the Tuvalu family survived Spring Break 2017. Kindly sit back and relax please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now......

Well, that's not exactly true. You are free to FIND YOUR WAY OUT at any time. Although I hope you stick around for the tour. There's bound to be drama. ;)

The deets:
Cast: Moi (Tuvalu), Benevolent Husband (Woody), and the only reason we braved Spring Break madness ~ our Teacher Daughter (Em)
Dates: April 1-8, 2017
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter

Along the way you'll encounter the slowest cast members ever hired by Disney. Farewell performances of Wishes (were there tears?) The awesome Blue Angels flyover. A Magic meet-up with another mother/daughter pair equally obsessed with WDW as Em and me. And the BEST TRANSPORTATION EVER.

You'll also discover the answers to the following questions: Are Spring Break crowds really that bad? (I'll give you a hint......YES.) What the heck happened to the Trolley? And the flagpole? Is the Red Card really gone? Can you get a same-day ADR for Be Our Guest? What about 'Ohana?

And the most-pressing question of all: Will Woody be doomed to sit on a hard chair in our room chained to his PC and phone all week?

Now as they say, "Look alive" and we'll continue our little tour.

bee

On one of our 2015 (or 2016?) trips a party of four was behind us in line for LWTL. The CM offered to seat them in two rows for comfort but they insisted they all wanted to be together. So they arrived at their row, saw how small it was, and one of them got in the row with M and me :eek: without asking us if it was ok :bored: or even acknowledging our presence in the row they had just invaded! :mad:

I love the flat to 3D butterflies! :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
On one of our 2015 (or 2016?) trips a party of four was behind us in line for LWTL. The CM offered to seat them in two rows for comfort but they insisted they all wanted to be together. So they arrived at their row, saw how small it was, and one of them got in the row with M and me :eek: without asking us if it was ok :bored: or even acknowledging our presence in the row they had just invaded! :mad:

I love the flat to 3D butterflies! :D
Instead of a like option, I wish I could do this: :mad: :devilish:
<In my best Stephanie Tanner voice: How RUDE!!!>

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Eleven o'clock......World Showcase is open!!!!

Em and I had been looking forward to consuming a certain beverage we'd discovered last year at F&G. But first we had to say hello to our Pooh friends.

IMG_3323.JPG

Love the yellow and red color combo! So perfect for Pooh!

IMG_3324.JPG

Do you think Eeyore is happy Piglet is on his back?

IMG_3325.JPG

Rabbit has eyes this year! Eating all those carrots has finally paid off!

IMG_3326.JPG

Tigger has his stripes. It's the details, baby!

For readers of my spring 2016 trip reports, you may remember my falling in love with McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider. It was part of a flight at the Cider House. This year it's back (boo ya!) along with a Blood Orange Tropical Hard Cider and a Strawberry Magic Hard Cider. Thankfully, we have found McKenzie's locally (I *may* have a private stash) but we were excited to try the new offerings.

IMG_3327.JPG

We expected the Sparkling Cider to be a part of the flight, since last year the flight contained four samples. But like many other things at the world, the flight has been reduced to three samples.

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

The strawberry was okay, though we didn't like it as much as we'd hoped.
The blood orange?
:depressed: :( :hungover:
One sip was all I needed. Em insisted on finishing the blood orange "since we paid for it."
Using her philosophy, I drained the black cherry. Somebody had to. :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our lunch ADR required us to take a lovely stroll out the International Gateway.

Really? It's necessary to put out this sign? Were there crowds of clueless people standing in this spot saying, "I wonder what resort this is?"
Cause the Beach Club has only been here 26 years. :facepalm:

IMG_6226.JPG

And for 26 years, guests have been able to find their way here ~
IMG_6234.JPG

Well, maybe they haven't recently. Despite those nifty hand-held devices that everyone has with maps and GPS, somehow it is still impossible to find Beaches and Cream (or Cape May) without a sign.

Woody arrived at the restaurant the same time we did. Our table was waiting for us.

IMG_6227.JPG

Our server was fantastic! She was prompt, attentive, quick to refill empty glasses and allowed me to make a substitution with the chicken sandwich without degrading me (see last summer's TR for reference.)

My yummy chicken sandwich.
IMG_6229.JPG

Em's delicious Patty melt.
IMG_6228.JPG

Woody's mouthwatering burger.
FullSizeRender.jpg

All three of us were members of the clean plate club. And we saved room for dessert....we're in an ice cream restaurant, after all!

Woody and Em shared the No Way Jose.
IMG_6232.JPG

Unashamed, I devoured my chocolate marshmallow sundae all by myself.
IMG_6233.JPG

Had to eat it fast before the whipped cream slid off!

We spent over an hour at Beaches and Cream ~ it was the first time we'd been in there that no one ordered a Kitchen Sink. :(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Full from lunch, Em and I had no interest in sampling anything from the food booths. There were lines, though shorter than the lines I experienced during Food & Wine. Everyone seemed to be out on the Promenade and it was hard to pass people due to the congestion.

It was also tricky trying to take pictures and Em didn't get as many as she would have liked.

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

The cloud cover really made the colors pop!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This is made about 5 minutes from me :)

I'm a fan of McKenzie's, too (although I prefer their green apple) and I know they're New York-based, as am I, so I have to ask--how far are we from each other?! :)

Our lunch ADR required us to take a lovely stroll out the International Gateway.

Really? It's necessary to put out this sign? Were there crowds of clueless people standing in this spot saying, "I wonder what resort this is?"
Cause the Beach Club has only been here 26 years. :facepalm:

View attachment 201006

And for 26 years, guests have been able to find their way here ~
View attachment 201007

Well, maybe they haven't recently. Despite those nifty hand-held devices that everyone has with maps and GPS, somehow it is still impossible to find Beaches and Cream (or Cape May) without a sign.

Woody arrived at the restaurant the same time we did. Our table was waiting for us.

View attachment 201008

Our server was fantastic! She was prompt, attentive, quick to refill empty glasses and allowed me to make a substitution with the chicken sandwich without degrading me (see last summer's TR for reference.)

My yummy chicken sandwich.
View attachment 201011

Em's delicious Patty melt.
View attachment 201010

Woody's mouthwatering burger.
View attachment 201009

All three of us were members of the clean plate club. And we saved room for dessert....we're in an ice cream restaurant, after all!

Woody and Em shared the No Way Jose.
View attachment 201012

Unashamed, I devoured my chocolate marshmallow sundae all by myself.
View attachment 201013
Had to eat it fast before the whipped cream slid off!

We spent over an hour at Beaches and Cream ~ it was the first time we'd been in there that no one ordered a Kitchen Sink. :(

No explanation for the sign.

Last time I was at B&C, it seemed there was a Kitchen Sink ordered every 10 minutes. Got old after the 3rd one. :)

Oooh, that would be very bad for me......

No, it wouldn't, it would be fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom