Trip Report Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Back to the World We Go! *COMPLETED*

237D6552-1F64-43BD-A431-02528C53BB69-14977-00001992335AB005.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. I am your host ~ your trip report host. Here in the following pages you'll see how the Tuvalu family survived Spring Break 2017. Kindly sit back and relax please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now......

Well, that's not exactly true. You are free to FIND YOUR WAY OUT at any time. Although I hope you stick around for the tour. There's bound to be drama. ;)

The deets:
Cast: Moi (Tuvalu), Benevolent Husband (Woody), and the only reason we braved Spring Break madness ~ our Teacher Daughter (Em)
Dates: April 1-8, 2017
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter

Along the way you'll encounter the slowest cast members ever hired by Disney. Farewell performances of Wishes (were there tears?) The awesome Blue Angels flyover. A Magic meet-up with another mother/daughter pair equally obsessed with WDW as Em and me. And the BEST TRANSPORTATION EVER.

You'll also discover the answers to the following questions: Are Spring Break crowds really that bad? (I'll give you a hint......YES.) What the heck happened to the Trolley? And the flagpole? Is the Red Card really gone? Can you get a same-day ADR for Be Our Guest? What about 'Ohana?

And the most-pressing question of all: Will Woody be doomed to sit on a hard chair in our room chained to his PC and phone all week?

Now as they say, "Look alive" and we'll continue our little tour.

Longers

If I remember your last TR correctly, you've already faced something similar - didn't you hit the world during F&W, Veteran's Day and Jersey week when it was insanely crowded? You still seemed to have a great time!:joyfull:
Yes that's me - last November was crowded (worse than any if my other trips) but I didn't know if spring break was worse - If it's like last Nov I will cope any day in Disney is great for me and if this family trip works out I'll be there in Nov this year and next with Chris (as these trips are already booked) and hopefully in April 2018 with the family - I'm already smiling loads at the thought of it - we just need to see if we can make it happen.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wednesday, April 5
She soaked her foot, swallowed a mega dose of ibuprofen and tried to go back to sleep. As soon as the gift store opened, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide was purchased. I picked up coffee and muffins for breakfast and brought them to our room.

A not well published service but management can go into the store for you during closed hours for more critical items. We went to the lobby, told them what we needed and they were happy to do so for us.

Gabe1

Love the photos of the Blue Angels flyover. That was exciting that they flew over WDW! What a treat to see them, and talk about perfect timing when you exited Peter Pan. I think there is a tie-in here somewhere o_O . . . Peter Pan could fly, and the Blue Angels could fly . . . :D

(P. S.: I've seen the Blue Angels and also the Air Force's Thunderbirds in air shows over the years. Both teams are spectacular.)

And I believe my son said the Black Diamond Team was there today or yesterday. We've seen it too, they are awesome.

Gabe1

The excitement continued! First the Blue Angels, then the zippy 7DMT ride, and now?

THE RED IS NOT DEAD, PEOPLE!!!
(The Red Card, that is.)

View attachment 201995

I *might* have been a little too gleeful when the CM asked if I would carry the wait-timing card.

View attachment 201996
(And I need to fess up ~ I briefly thought about tucking this card away in my bag. But I remembered the wise words of Jiminy Cricket and handed the card to the CM before boarding our clamshell.)

View attachment 201997

Woot! The Red Card lives on! My DD might have mixed emotions about this as she is usually the CM target of our family.

Gabe1

We took the cancer pathway to Tomorrowland. Time to burn another FP.
I have mixed emotions about this. I've read all the areas that have been omitted and a few wisely others like the sunken cove near Space Mountain for the cabanas now gone, not so much, the pit was a perfect place to avoid, no reason to go down there if you were not a smoker. I can also avoid the pit down by Thunder toward Sawyer. Give them the places nobody goes and be done with it already.

I didn't even come close to defeating Zurg. (Heck, I didn't even come close to defeating Em!) And @lostpro9het I am camera-challenged at Buzz Lightyear too. :oops:

I tend to win with Buzz, I totally loose with Toy. Toy just makes me laugh hysterically, don't know why but I really enjoy Toy and fail miserably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom