Trip Report Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Back to the World We Go! *COMPLETED*

237D6552-1F64-43BD-A431-02528C53BB69-14977-00001992335AB005.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. I am your host ~ your trip report host. Here in the following pages you'll see how the Tuvalu family survived Spring Break 2017. Kindly sit back and relax please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now......

Well, that's not exactly true. You are free to FIND YOUR WAY OUT at any time. Although I hope you stick around for the tour. There's bound to be drama. ;)

The deets:
Cast: Moi (Tuvalu), Benevolent Husband (Woody), and the only reason we braved Spring Break madness ~ our Teacher Daughter (Em)
Dates: April 1-8, 2017
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter

Along the way you'll encounter the slowest cast members ever hired by Disney. Farewell performances of Wishes (were there tears?) The awesome Blue Angels flyover. A Magic meet-up with another mother/daughter pair equally obsessed with WDW as Em and me. And the BEST TRANSPORTATION EVER.

You'll also discover the answers to the following questions: Are Spring Break crowds really that bad? (I'll give you a hint......YES.) What the heck happened to the Trolley? And the flagpole? Is the Red Card really gone? Can you get a same-day ADR for Be Our Guest? What about 'Ohana?

And the most-pressing question of all: Will Woody be doomed to sit on a hard chair in our room chained to his PC and phone all week?

Now as they say, "Look alive" and we'll continue our little tour.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
BTMRR - 181 days until I ride it again (not that I'm counting) and the live Ant and Dec show had me in tears - I just wanted to be there.

If you check out u tube there are links to the opening and closing numbers - amazing and well worth a watch - I still cant believe they were able to take over Main Street like that - amazing

Here is the opening number

Thanks so much for these, @Longers! Such fun!!

fractal

BTMRR - 181 days until I ride it again (not that I'm counting) and the live Ant and Dec show had me in tears - I just wanted to be there.

If you check out u tube there are links to the opening and closing numbers - amazing and well worth a watch - I still cant believe they were able to take over Main Street like that - amazing

Here is the opening number

These are awesome!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Splash was still down, so we decided to use our wildcard FP on BTM. I gave Woody my band so he could ride with Em.

IMG_6441.JPG

@Longers, what's better than a ride on BTM? A ride on BTM followed by ICE CREAM!!!!!
IMG_6442.JPG

Em made one last FP while we enjoyed our ice cream. And guess what I got????!!!!!
IMG_6444.JPG

:D :D :D

IMG_6445.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
MK was still uber-crowded and Em decided she wanted to watch Wishes for her final time from the bus depot. Remember this bench?

IMG_6083.JPG

We did ~ and thought it would be a perfect place to sit while watching the show. It was cold and windy and we snuggled together until the music began. There may have been tears. Em won't comment.

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6449.JPG

When Wishes was over, we sadly trudged to the bus. Of course it was waiting for us! POFQ gets props for the fantastic bus service this week. (The food court on the other hand....)

And General Manager Punam ~ if you are reading this I am still waiting for your reply.

We may skip WDW for spring break next year. :jawdrop: (Was that a typo? Tuvalu and Em choosing NOT to go to Disney??!!) On the drive home we discovered Easter week is Em's spring break week. Add Easter crowds to regular spring break crowds and you have madness!!!

Florida may still be our destination but not Orlando. I hear the state has a beach or two. :joyfull:

Meanwhile Em only has 37 days to wait until our next trip. Hopefully her toe will be fully healed!

To everyone who has followed along, a ghost will now follow you home......

And I should be starting my next TR in a day or so. (Apologies to @BWK05 that it won't be Live-ish.) I met another fellow WDW Magic-er....you'll have to wait to find out who! :D

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Splash was still down, so we decided to use our wildcard FP on BTM. I gave Woody my band so he could ride with Em.

Well, that exchange of bands worked out nicely! Guess it goes to show that once you put on a band, no one, nor any detection equipment, knows just who the heck you are! :p

Em made one last FP while we enjoyed our ice cream. And guess what I got????!!!!!
img_6444-jpg.204330

So, here's my take on this. Somehow, someone in power at WDW found out that you (WDW's most frequent visitor) was despondent over the removal of the red cards. Word got out and it was a public relations nightmare. Ever since, I've seen more people on these forums "posing" with the red cards than ever before! :D

And I should be starting my next TR in a day or so.

In a day or so? What's the holdup here?! :jawdrop: ;)

Really enjoyed this TR, but then again, I love all your TRs!! :cat:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, here's my take on this. Somehow, someone in power at WDW found out that you (WDW's most frequent visitor) was despondent over the removal of the red cards. Word got out and it was a public relations nightmare. Ever since, I've seen more people on these forums "posing" with the red cards than ever before! :D
In a day or so? What's the holdup here?! :jawdrop: ;)
Really enjoyed this TR, but then again, I love all your TRs!! :cat:
Let's just say you have not seen the last of the red cards......
And I may end up starting the new TR tonight if our flight keeps getting delayed (been over an hour now.) I feel sorry for the folks who have missed/will miss their connections in ATL. At least when we get there we'll be home.
Thanks again for reading and your kind comments, @MinnieM123. :happy:

Longers

bee

Also when is spring break in USA in 2018?- we are thinking of a family trip but looking at first 2 weeks of April to fit holidays in the UK. First time for my nephew on a plane and first holiday for my sister in over 11 years.
Spring break is determined by individual school districts and universities, so it's not the same for everyone. One year when my mom was working for a university, I was in grad school at another university, my brother was an undergrad at yet another university, and my dad was teaching public school, we had four different spring breaks. Basically all of March and April are going to be spring break weeks for someone, with some weeks being more popular than others. The weeks before and after Easter will probably be the worst.

Last edited:

Longers

Spring break is determined by individual school districts and universities, so it's not the same for everyone. One year when my mom was working for a university, I was in grad school at another university, my brother was an undergrad at yet another university, and my dad was teaching public school, we had four different spring breaks. Basically all of March and April are going to be spring break weeks for someone, with some weeks being more popular than others. The weeks before and after Easter will probably be the worst.
Thank you - I think we will just have to be prepared and just go for it after all we will all be together in Disney :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Also when is spring break in USA in 2018?- we are thinking of a family trip but looking at first 2 weeks of April to fit holidays in the UK. First time for my nephew on a plane and first holiday for my sister in over 11 years.

@bee is spot on! :p

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

SSH

Thank you - I think we will just have to be prepared and just go for it after all we will all be together in Disney :)
If I remember your last TR correctly, you've already faced something similar - didn't you hit the world during F&W, Veteran's Day and Jersey week when it was insanely crowded? You still seemed to have a great time!:joyfull:

Big Hair

Thanks Tuvalu. You keep the magic fresh in my soul. I will be there October 24th to the 2nd of November with my daughter for a poly, old key west, bay lake, jambo tour and March 28th to the 5th of April 2018 for a poly/kidani trip with daughter, step daughter, her 2 kids, her significant other and my sister in law. A memory tour. Some day hopefully our paths will cross. It would be nice to meet the people I eagerly follow to enjoy sharing the magic. It truly is a magical place.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tuvalu. You keep the magic fresh in my soul. I will be there October 24th to the 2nd of November with my daughter for a poly, old key west, bay lake, jambo tour and March 28th to the 5th of April 2018 for a poly/kidani trip with daughter, step daughter, her 2 kids, her significant other and my sister in law. A memory tour. Some day hopefully our paths will cross. It would be nice to meet the people I eagerly follow to enjoy sharing the magic. It truly is a magical place.
Lots of resort changes for you in October!! But it will be like a "new" vacation with each change.:p
Love the memory tour. :inlove: Disney is indeed a magical place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom