Heavy Smoke Near Epcot?

JJHale

Original Poster
Our daughter and her husband are currently in Epcot and said there is thick smoke over the whole park. None of the cast members seem to know what it may be. Boats and buses ar running as usual. Any idea what may be on fire?

HolleBolleGijs

It's all over property, I'm sit ting in DAK right now. It's gotten better, but it was particularly bad near AKL. I didn't see anything on my drive over here, but I've been wondering.

JJHale

Original Poster
Wow, didn't realize it was so widespread. She did just message and say it was mostly cleared out by now. Thanks. You may now return your scheduled forum programming.

cflwcast

I know they are clearing land and burning debris on 535 <Apopka-Vineland Rd at Poincinana Blvd> making way for a new Publix across from Walmart.

JohnD

In very dry weather (aka "fire weather"), from time to time there will be controlled burns to clear out underbrush to prevent possible wildfires. We're used to that kind of thing in NW Florida.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Probably special effects. I heard Cheech and Chong were reuniting for one last hurrah and their final movie would be a massive central Florida theme park vacation.

JoeCamel

Probably special effects. I heard Cheech and Chong were reuniting for one last hurrah and their final movie would be a massive central Florida theme park vacation.

Well they did pass the Medical Marijuana law and we can only hope recreational use is on the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom