1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy meals - any quick service recommended ?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Spectro, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

So I've looked at menus on various sites and it seems mostly the table service at Universal has healthy choices. Of course I'm gonna have burger and pizza a few times but I would like to balance it out with a few meals that feature a lot of salad or vegetables - any recommendations please ?

2. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

Not at quick serve, you can get kebabs and better QS but take a break and sit down in the AC. Confisco is a favorite of mine, the fajita can be steak or chicken and for $15 you can have both. They do salad as well. For about the same you can go to Mythos, plenty of healthy choices there and not a lot of money.

3. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

The Leaky Cauldron and 3 Broomsticks both have "lighter" options and IMHO are the best qs places to eat and Thunder falls Terrace has a salad with chicken option. Lombardi's has a quinoa and portabella dish for about the price of a qs meal. If you want a burger go any where but a qs in Universal same goes for the "pizza" at the qs locations

JoeCamel likes this.
  4. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

At Fast Food Blvd. (Food court) in Springfield, there is Lisa's Teahouse of Horrors. Basically fresh, prepared grab and go salads, hummus, and wraps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll also find QS salads, wraps, and healthier sandwiches at the pastry shops like San Francisco Pastry Co. and The Beverly Hills Boulangerie at USF and Croissant Moon Cafe in IOA.

I actually ate at The San Francisco Pastry Co. for the first time yesterday. I had a Ham and Swiss Croissant. The bread was fresh and the veggies crisp. Surprisingly tasty. The potato salad side was unremarkable but passable. And I had a delicious, but WAY too rich mocha pyramid dessert thing. 3 bites is all I could do before the sugar coma set in.

Seriously, I had to drink a beer just to rinse the sugar remains out of my mouth.

I should add that the Bakeries/Pastry Shops are great places to grab a quick breakfast. Pastries and specialty coffees.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. bclane

bclane Well-Known Member

I've had their portabello quinoa dish a few times and it was always really good...until the last time I had it a couple months ago when it was TERRIBLE. Not sure if it was just a bad day in the kitchen or what but I've been afraid to order it again ever since.