Heading to Seaworld Next Week!

crispy

Original Poster
We weren't planning to take a trip in October like we usually do, but the last few months have been insane (moving, car accident) so we decided to do a quick getaway. Disney was too expensive for a spur of the moment trip so we are doing SeaWorld/Aquatica instead with a day at the Magic Kingdom for the MNSSHP.

We are doing 5 nights total staying at the Springhill Suites. I read a lot of good reviews, but any specific information about this hotel would be appreciated. I was also wondering how the Quick Queue thing works. Do we need to request this at the hotel every day or is it included with our tickets? Also, is there a Quick Queue option for Aquatica.

We will be there during the Halloween Spooktacular at SeaWorld. Do most kids dress up for this? Would my girls get strange looks if they wore Disney costumes?

Any advice would be appreciated! We have never been to SeaWorld, but are excited about the trip and want to make the most of it.

Crazydisneyfanluke

We weren't planning to take a trip in October like we usually do, but the last few months have been insane (moving, car accident) so we decided to do a quick getaway. Disney was too expensive for a spur of the moment trip so we are doing SeaWorld/Aquatica instead with a day at the Magic Kingdom for the MNSSHP.

We are doing 5 nights total staying at the Springhill Suites. I read a lot of good reviews, but any specific information about this hotel would be appreciated. I was also wondering how the Quick Queue thing works. Do we need to request this at the hotel every day or is it included with our tickets? Also, is there a Quick Queue option for Aquatica.

We will be there during the Halloween Spooktacular at SeaWorld. Do most kids dress up for this? Would my girls get strange looks if they wore Disney costumes?

Any advice would be appreciated! We have never been to SeaWorld, but are excited about the trip and want to make the most of it.
I just returned from the weekend in Orlando for MNSSHP, SW and Aquatica.
Quick Que is FP+ for Sea World. It is an up charge. (i don't know if you get it included with vacation package) You skip the lines for all rides, once.
There is not one for Aquatica, keep in mind that since its cooling down now, water parks are less busier. I attended Aquatica today, not busy, short lines for all rides, and it was cloudy, cool, and drizzly.
Yes kids do dress up for the Spooktacular event (Fri-Sun). I saw adults dress up as well, but not many. They only give a few pieces of candy (1-3 per line) Also saw people dressed up as Disney characters and anything they thought of.
Hours for Spooktacular: 12pm-7pm Fri-Sun
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Journey_On

Since SpringHill Suites is an official SeaWorld Hotel Partner, you do get the free Quick Queue. However, I do not know how you obtain it for the length of your stay. Hopefully someone can provide input on that.

As @Crazydisneyfanluke stated, there is no Quick Queue option for Aquatica, but yes, you won't need it this time of the year. :)

A lot of children do dress up for Spooktacular, and the park encourages it. Disney costumes will be fine. :) Just make sure you browse these guidelines before visiting (under the Halloween Costume Guidelines tab).

SeaWorld is great! Make sure you catch the Blue Horizons show (my personal favorite).

Crazydisneyfanluke

Since SpringHill Suites is an official SeaWorld Hotel Partner, you do get the free Quick Queue. However, I do not know how you obtain it for the length of your stay. Hopefully someone can provide input on that.

As @Crazydisneyfanluke stated, there is no Quick Queue option for Aquatica, but yes, you won't need it this time of the year. :)

A lot of children do dress up for Spooktacular, and the park encourages it. Disney costumes will be fine. :) Just make sure you browse these guidelines before visiting (under the Halloween Costume Guidelines tab).

SeaWorld is great! Make sure you catch the Blue Horizons show (my personal favorite).
As of Saturday, They have modified the show since there is maintenance going on with the structures. This includes not diving from the rays, swinging from the ropes ad the spirit bird flying over the water. They did their best to incorporate the new whales into the show. Since they are still new, they did not hit the ques closely.

Journey_On

As of Saturday, They have modified the show since there is maintenance going on with the structures. This includes not diving from the rays, swinging from the ropes ad the spirit bird flying over the water. They did their best to incorporate the new whales into the show. Since they are still new, they did not hit the ques closely.

Oh I see! I haven't seen the show in a while, so I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for the heads up! I'm actually now interested/curious in seeing the "modified" version, while it's around. I've also only seen one show with the pilot whales in it so far. :)

crispy

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! We are really excited because none of us have ever been to SeaWorld. My girls have been asking to go so I think it will be a blast. Glad to know Disney costumes are okay...I don't want to have to pack two different costumes for my daughters.

Springhill Suites does have the Quick Queue as a perk, and we are just trying to figure out how to utilize it. We are trying to make this a leisurely trip so being able to ride everything without scrambling around sounds great.

We are doing 5 nights total staying at the Springhill Suites. I read a lot of good reviews, but any specific information about this hotel would be appreciated. I was also wondering how the Quick Queue thing works. Do we need to request this at the hotel every day or is it included with our tickets?

We just got back from a last minute trip to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens and we stayed at the Springhill Suites too. The rooms are very clean and a lot larger than Disney's and you can’t beat the price at $79 per night. Ask for a theme park view room and be sure to take advantage of the free hot breakfast and don't buy anything from the hotel store because there is a CVS literally right across the parking lot.

The kids loved the Shamu-themed pool and didn't want to go out to eat because of it so we ordered room service two of the three nights there and I must admit that it was pretty good and very affordable. However, there are a few restaurants within walking distance and we did go out to eat at TGI Fridays our last night there.

Definitely buy your tickets from the hotel concierge and not because they are any cheaper than at the gate or they include quick queue and 10% off dining and shopping (which I totally forgot about) but rather the concierge will not give you the time of day if you don’t buy from them (and you will need their expertise). Have fun!!

crispy

Original Poster
We booked a package directly from SeaWorld...hope the concierge isn't ornery because of that.

crispy

Original Poster
Just got back from our trip. We loved SeaWorld! We spent two full days there and were able to do the Halloween Spooktacular. My girls both loved it. My oldest rode Manta three times, and my little loved Wild Arctic and the Sky Tower. We also enjoyed the shows other than Blue Horizons. There was a sign up say that they were doing a modified version due to some reason I can't remember. We found the whole show to be disjointed and odd and then it just...ended. I am not sure how the version we saw compared to the normal version. We loved all the other shows a lot though.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites and were very pleased. Check-in was super easy, and our room was ready when we got there at 11am which was a nice plus. We had no issues with the transportation and were able to reserve the Quick Queue with no issues. The room was very spacious and clean which is nice since we stayed for 5 nights. We also thought the breakfast was great. The pool has a cute theme and my girls loved it.

My husband and daughters also spent a day at Aquatica, but I was sick and ended up sleeping most of the day. They said they had fun, and I got to hear about all the slides. We also did MNSSH at the Magic Kingdom to get our Disney fix. We enjoyed it a lot, but after fighting crowds all night, we appreciated the slower pace of SeaWorld. It's nice to be able to do the attractions without having to wait in line for hours.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Just got back from our trip. We loved SeaWorld! We spent two full days there and were able to do the Halloween Spooktacular. My girls both loved it. My oldest rode Manta three times, and my little loved Wild Arctic and the Sky Tower. We also enjoyed the shows other than Blue Horizons. There was a sign up say that they were doing a modified version due to some reason I can't remember. We found the whole show to be disjointed and odd and then it just...ended. I am not sure how the version we saw compared to the normal version. We loved all the other shows a lot though.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites and were very pleased. Check-in was super easy, and our room was ready when we got there at 11am which was a nice plus. We had no issues with the transportation and were able to reserve the Quick Queue with no issues. The room was very spacious and clean which is nice since we stayed for 5 nights. We also thought the breakfast was great. The pool has a cute theme and my girls loved it.

My husband and daughters also spent a day at Aquatica, but I was sick and ended up sleeping most of the day. They said they had fun, and I got to hear about all the slides. We also did MNSSH at the Magic Kingdom to get our Disney fix. We enjoyed it a lot, but after fighting crowds all night, we appreciated the slower pace of SeaWorld. It's nice to be able to do the attractions without having to wait in line for hours.
I know they are trying to incorporate new whales into the show. Also doing maintenence on the structure above the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom