Heading to Disneyland What must I see?

Chris

Original Poster
We are planning a trip to Disneyland in June and need to know what we must see and do. We go to WDW once or twice a year and have that down but have only made one trip to DL about three years ago. Any suggestions?:confused:

Tigggrl

Hiya Chris!
I just took my firsttrip to DL in January....DL and DCA...
I LOVED it there, and I would say, do everything that WDW dosent ave, like Alice and Pinocchio, Great moments with Mr. Lincoln and the Matterhorn...Even Casey Jr. Train...and Canal boats...LOL
Anything is fun! Its Disney!
Tig:)

CalDisney

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Hiya Chris!
I just took my firsttrip to DL in January....DL and DCA...
I LOVED it there, and I would say, do everything that WDW dosent ave, like Alice and Pinocchio, Great moments with Mr. Lincoln and the Matterhorn...Even Casey Jr. Train...and Canal boats...LOL
Anything is fun! Its Disney!
Tig:)
I would agree with her!!
She knows a Good Thing:)
Look she loves me...
And I love her Kisses!!!
Do the Train!!! it`s cool

SL 1993 R

Don't forget to go to Fantasmic, although similar, the show is much larger on the rivers of America..

At DCA go for Soarin Over California first as the fast pass sells out and the line gets very long... It's a Must See...

dianedisney

Must Do & See List....

Disneyland: Pirates, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Fantasmic (if up and running-open date June ?)

California Adventure: Soaring Over California, California Screamin, Blast (MUST SEE) :sohappy: live show, Animation Studio

Restaurants: Blue Bayou DL, Plaza Inn DL, Avalon Cove Character Dinner DCA, for a good burger Taste Pilots Grill DCA.

Resting Place: Main Street DL porch next to Crystal Shop.

Have a wonderful trip enjoy:slurp: enjoy:cool: enjoy;)

Jodigrl328

Indiana Jones!!!

and if you only ride one attraction PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't miss Soarin' over California at DCA. PLEASE! It is awesome. California Screamin' is a lot of fun. THe sunwheel is absolutely terrifying with the swinging carts. I am pretty adventurous but feared for my life on that ride. Have fun!!!

Chropistopy

I just took my first trip to Disneyland Easter weekend. Everything was wonderful, but three rides definitely top the list. Indy is the best. We arrived early every morning we were there so that we could run to be some of the first people in line for Indy. Soarin' over California is awesome!! California Screamin' is a must. Try to do as much as possible, but the most important thing to do is just have fun!!! Have a great trip!

ToT4me

DisneylandPark-IndianaJonesAdventure,PiratesOfTheCarribean,HuantedMansion,DisneylandRailroad and everything else DisneyWorld doesnt have and any they do you enjoy like Matterhorn,AliceInWonderland,CaseyJrTrain.
CalliforniaAdventure-SoarinOverCalifornia,GrizzlyRiverRun(if you dont mind getting too wet,very fun),CaliforniaScreamin,Blast!,and It'sToughToBeABug(if you have not seen it before or like I said just enjoyed it!)ElectricalParade is good to in the sunshine plaza right next to left if you were looking toward CondorFlats!Have fun and make sure you go through DowntownDisney and get into the Grand Californian Hotel---Restaurants I recomend are many,any that you particularily like or find reasonable or worth while are good cause they all are like #1 the Blue Bayou,Rancho Del Zocolo is very good and everything is good at DCA too and one place unique their is Soap Opera Bistro for maybe lunch or Dinner but I reccomend just dessert or ah drink and fries or appitezer just for the neat settings(you can take a look first and then request or go with the flow!)

Disneynutcase

Indy is still by far the best Disney ride ever, but RnRC is a very close second. What's cool about Indy is that it kind of does everything you can think of doing with anamatronics in a thrill ride format without going "coaster" and zooming past it all. Excellent detail! Dinosaur! is fun an done with the same system but is Indy's twice beaten step-child in comparison.

I agree with the train ride. You'll see where the Dinosaurs in Universe of Energy originated.

My three distinct Disney faves are Alice in Wonderland (for some reason never duplicated), Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (great if you remember the movie), and Pirates of the Caribbean (but be forewarned, matey. You'll hate MK's version after going on this one--much longer and better detailed).

Definately eat at the Blue Bayou--it's the only really cool themed out restaurant in DL that compares to what they have in WDW.
Haven't been to DCA yet, but my daughter has (went during Easter break) and she hasn't stopped talking about Grizzly River Run and Soaring Over California. She also liked Muppets 3-D, but I believe its the same show as WDW's.

raisun

I think everyone else has mentioned my fav. attractions :) And since you have been to DL before, let suggest a new restaurant for you to try. If you are up for an exceptional meal, visit Napa Rose and the GC hotel. It is probably one of the best fine dinning establishment in Orange County (even Zagat said so). The menu is outstanding, and if you like wines...well lets just say you have come to the right place. Not only do they have an amazing wine list, but the CM's are great with wine pairings ;)

Enjoy your trip! :)

craziebabie1

I would suggest Space Mountain. The set up is different than it is at WDW. So it is worth checking out. I would also suggest the Indiana Jones Adventure. For the kids Go with Alice in wonderland,Pinnochio, and don't miss Roger Rabbit.

SnowWhite5669

:wave: We are also in the planning stages of a trip to Disneyland. How many days does it take to see the parks? Which resort would you suggest? Should we visit anything else while we are there? DW is like my second home but put me in DL and I don't know a thing!!!! Thanks

Mufasa_AC

It's the little things

We just spent a week at the Disneyland Resort. Unfortunately almost all of the major attractions at Disneyland were down for renovation. Fortunately California Adventure more than took up the slack! We knew we’d like the park but it far exceeded our expectations. Sure, everyone knows that “Soarin’ Over California” and “California Screamin” are must-sees but what kept us going back day after day was the live entertainment. BLAST heads the list of course. We’ve seen the full Broadway show and they’ve reproduced some of the best numbers here. So, see BLAST, see it again, then see it once more. Like Epcot, there are several street-performing groups that are simply outstanding and non-stop bands on a stage. They even have their own “Jammitors”.

Listen to the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean. Look at all of the cool signs like “Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream” and “Ben Hair” salon. Watch them make sourdough bread and fajita shells from start to finish. See the history of California as narrated by Whoopie Goldberg.

The big ticket items get you into the parks. It’s the little things that keep you coming back.

For restaurants: Inside the parks we like the Blue Bayou in DL of course and Soap Opera Bistro in CA. They are both attractions in themselves. We also liked Avalon Cove in CA. Outside the parks, but still on property we ate at and liked almost every restaurant in Downtown Disney so I can’t help you there. All 3 of us had different favorites.

Grumpy56

Everyone has mentioned the big things, here are a few little ones. Rub the apple in front of Snow White and make sure you look up into the window on the second floor of the attraction, you'll get a surprise. A personal favorite is walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle and looking at the diorama's. This is a small attraction but beautifully done. Have a great time!

craziebabie1

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
:wave: We are also in the planning stages of a trip to Disneyland. How many days does it take to see the parks? Which resort would you suggest? Should we visit anything else while we are there? DW is like my second home but put me in DL and I don't know a thing!!!! Thanks

To see everything at DL I would suggest 2 days. As far as DCA, You can see that in 1 day or less. It's a lot of fun though.:wave:

SnowWhite5669

Thanks, I figured 3 days would do it. I got an awesome rate at Paradise Pier (I am a cast member) so I think that will be the hotel of choice. We are looking at 4th of July week.
Thanks again:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom