Heading out West!!!!

danpam1024

Original Poster
Summer 2016 we are heading out west (mainly to look for property in Northern Cal), but we're going to hit Disneyland and DCA. So, I've been in FL my entire life and CA is so different. How many days do we really need to do the parks at a relaxing pace (no rope drop for this sleepy girl). I'm not into commando park hopping anymore- that's no fun. Also, it looks like you don't have to plan every second of your trip in CA (thank goodness) is that correct? TIA:happy:

TP2000

A three day park hopper will work just fine for your purposes. You'll also want several other days to explore SoCal, and not just the touristy theme park stuff.

I've lived in the South and can tell you that Southern California is very, very different from Florida. And Northern California is very different from SoCal, about the same noticeable cultural/climate difference you'd get going from Miami to Raleigh. You will want to immerse yourself in the local culture in both parts of the state if you are thinking of moving here. Also, Disneyland is a total blast.

You will want to visit this thread we all created for folks just like you: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-official-explore-southern-california-thread.872243/

And this thread is mandatory reading for any WDW veteran going to Disneyland for the first time: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guide-to-dlr-for-wdw-veterans.875596/

westie

Plus, I'm sure your going to have sticker shock from our present property values. I bought my norcal bay area home 20 years ago for $485k and its now valued at $985k.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Plus, I'm sure your going to have sticker shock from our present property values. I bought my norcal bay area home 20 years ago for $485k and its now valued at $985k.
yeah, it's pretty rough, but we'll manage :D Luckily we both want something really small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom