Head to Disney for Halloween

Ron Davis

Hi, we are excited about our trip to Orlando for a four-day weekend at Disney mid-October. We have never been for the Halloween festivities. Out kids are in High School now so we wanted to take them again before they outgrow it. They have been about a dozen times in the past ten years. We have been at Christmas, (the week before) and many times the first week of December (Best time to go in my opinion). Anyway, we had to decide between Thanksgiving or Mid-October for the Haloween lights. Do they have a great Halloween parade like Mickey's very merry Christmas party? Also are the crowds manageable for this time of year. We are traveling by flight from NC so this time we won't have to endure the drive. Also, I've read where mosquitoes are really bad in Orlando from the hurricane water. Are mosquitoes bad in October in Orlando? I read about Giant Mosquitoes in Orlando. Have any of you experienced these at Disney? http://www.orlandopestcontrol.com/h...ms-central-florida-insects-theyre-terrifying/

Also how decorated is Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios for the Halloween festivities? Thanks for the help. We are super excited.

Minnie Mum

October has become a busy time at WDW, thanks mostly to the Halloween parties and the F&W at Epcot. Weekends are particularly crowded, especially Epcot. Make sure you buy party tickets well now advance to avoid disappointment. Many parties sell out. Yes, they do a special parade on party nights.

Decorations- MK is decorated up the wazoo, as you would expect. Epcot has some fall decor. DHS and AK, no so much.

WDW has a very aggressive anti mosquito program in the resort and parks areas. Since the Zika scare, they've had mosquito repellant stations set up in areas around the parks. Or you could just bring a pack of mosquito repellant wipes with you. In 40 years of going to WDW, I can count the number of mosquito bites I've gotten there on one hand.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

October was our favorite trip. Columbus Day weekend will be crowded but not as bad as some other holidays. The Halloween party is a blast and I recommend costumes even for the grown kids and adults. It makes it more festive. If you get tickets for the party, even though it starts at 7pm, you can use them to get into the MK at 4pm. The parade plays twice during the party - go to the second showing for lighter crowds. The Headless Horseman leads it off so don't miss that. The F&W Festival is fantastic - go early for less crowds. Can't comment on mosquitoes right now, but Guest Services in each park, and sometimes elsewhere, you can get free bug repellent. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Youre going to absolutely love MNSSHP !!! Get everyone to bring along a costume. Keep it lightweight because it can get sweltering. If they are candy lovers bring along Halloween bags to hold the haul. You can really fill up a bag of assorted sweets. Disney does pass out small bags to arriving guests but its better to bring your own. If you get there early you can rent lockers to store your costumes.The parade, fireworks and Castle shows are nothing like youve seen before. So much better than MVMCP. My fav spot to watch the headless horseman and parade is just beyond Pecos Bills. Get a spot early because the crowds fill up the parade route early. The M&G's are very popular and lines form early and long. Get a look at the sites promoting the event and come up with a plan of attack. Your teens will definitely have a blast!!!

Upvote 0

ChanceH

Family and I will also be there October 19-22. The videos of Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party look amazing to us so we are very excited. What days are y'all going to be there?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom