HCOE Wine

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
Has anybody heard or tried it yet? And are they still selling it? I really need to know, because when we go the week of thanksgiving my wife's friend who is from Cal. and loves wine would love to get some as well as my wife. thanks in advance

sniggle74

We had some of the Happiest Celebration wine when when we were at "the Happy Place" in May. We had it at Le Cellier with our dinner. It is a wonderful chardenney(sp) - extremely smooth. It is available in most "upper tier" restarants. At the time, most CM's did not know what I was talking about when I made mention of it.

As to find a bottle to buy and take to your room (or back home), I have yet to find where to do it.

If you can find a time to sit and enjoy a sip....do it. It is rather reasonably priced!

Disney has paired with wine producers to produce Disney-only lables for quite some time. I'm actually surprised to see that the Happiest Celebration on Earth wine is from Buena Vista Winery because Disney has a long standing relationship with Iron Horse.

Iron Horse produces a Disney-only chardonnay (not sure of the name) and champagne (Fairy Tale Cuvee) for the company. These wines (especially the champagne) are generally always available at one of the resort shops. Even the value resorts often have them.

You can generally buy an un-opened bottle of wine from any restaurant and take it with you. However, I would advise against this as the wine prices in the restaurants and much higher than buying a bottle at a resort. For instance, the Fairy Tale (I love it and am always buying it!) sells for about $28 at the resorts. At the restaurants the price ranges from $40 to $50 a bottle.

Oh, and another interesting tid-bit of info: The Florida legislature just passed a law that will allow you to take opened bottles of wine home from a restaraunt. Of course, they must be re-corked. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom