Have you stayed at AKL recently? What are your honest opinions on bus service?

alissafalco

I stayed there for 8 nights in January. I thought the bus service was pretty good.

Edit: ha! I just looked and saw I commented back in Sept. lol

alissafalco

I also feel like the bus service anywhere you stay is a crap shoot. I read where one person has a great experience and then I read one person had a bad experience at any resort really. If that's the only thing that's worrying you about AKL, I say stay there!! Its a beautiful resort.

jlsHouston

This is my last night at Jambo, then we move to SWAN. I have really enjoyed this resort but in general the bus service was pretty bad last week. Apparently over the weekend it had a miraculous recovery but by that time I started using the car I rented...I did nothing but the bus for 3 solid days and it ....well for lack of a better word it just sucked. Even the wait for AK was long. we never waited less than 15 minutes for a bus. It took anywhere from 15 minutes ( to AK from AKL) to 55 minutes (Disney Springs) on the actual trip part once we boarded. In general the entire experience reminded me why I never trust the logistics of my travel to another party.
That being said , the resort it great. Fantastic pool, lots of chairs, lots of secluded private areas to lounge poolside, play area, working hot tubs... And the food choices...maybe the best food on property. I can't find a thing bad about Mara and just have nothing but positive, the dining area is clean, the condiments are out where you can see them, the line for paying goes quickly, even the line for ordering moves pretty swift at peak hours. And the food selections and quality are really good. Serious, other than the pita bread being standard fare, the chicken pita sandwich was excellent, and they even gave me half french fries and half couscous. And BOMA might be the best buffet at WDW. And the bread service at Sanaa is a must. So many activities for the kids throughout the day and early evening. Nice gift shop. I have had better mousekeeping but no real complaints. Haven't even talked about all the opportunities to view the animals.....

It's been lovely 6 days. Almost sorry to move over to the SWAN...but I'm really fond of the EPCOT area....

Plowboy

Spent 6 nights at Jambo house last month. Bus service was not nearly as bad as many have made it out to be. Sure, we had 1 or 2 times we had to wait 15/20 minutes, but we also had many times when we waited less than 5 minutes.

aw14

We stayed in 2/15 in Jambo. No issues to report and that was over a busy Valentines weekend. As another poster said, it really is a crap shoot with buses.

Amazing hotel though.

ShareBDwithMickey

Returnned on 11/05/15 after a fortnight at AKL Jambo house, the longest wait from AKL to MK, two buses, 25 minutes, however I use a scooter & there weee 2 people ahead of me on the 1st one. Longest wait coming back MK to AKL after MNSSHP 30 mins 3 buses. Botn of these were the extremes of what we experienced as a rule 10 mins in either direction, from any park or Disney Springs was the norm even with them having to accommodate the scooter.

That was fine for me, but not for others, basically you pays your money & takes your chances. personally I don't believe that there's much in it between the buses & driving once you take in the time used parking & getting to the park gates & the queues to leave the car parks at the end of the night. Each to his own at the end of the day.

However I fully acknowledge that guest staying at resorts which share buses can have a significantly different experience, as we found when staying at the Yacht Club.

jaklgreen

Spent 6 nights at Jambo house last month. Bus service was not nearly as bad as many have made it out to be. Sure, we had 1 or 2 times we had to wait 15/20 minutes, but we also had many times when we waited less than 5 minutes.

My issue with the busses is not the wait time to get on, but how long it takes to get somewhere. Since it is the farthest resort, it takes the longest to get to the parks. Especially MK and Disney Springs.

Bparso87

My issue with the busses is not the wait time to get on, but how long it takes to get somewhere. Since it is the farthest resort, it takes the longest to get to the parks. Especially MK and Disney Springs.
Disney springs sucks from anywhere it takes 20 minutes from Saratoga. If u stay st akl I would suggestive driving if u can bc the travel sucks I have a photo from October at mk every line empty and akl filled beyond the rails it was a joke every night at mk and Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom