Have you ever been evacuated off of a Disney ride?

Have you ever been instructed to exit a Disney ride vehicle at a place other than the normal area?

• I've never been on a Disney ride when it has broken down.

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • I've been on a Disney ride when it has broken down, but haven't been evacuated from the attraction.

Votes: 119 37.3%
  • I've been evacuated from a Disney ride.

Votes: 119 37.3%
  • I've been evacuated from a Disney ride on multiple occasions.

Votes: 37 11.6%

• Total voters

Uncle Remus

I've lived an hour away from Disney World my entire life. We seriously go twice a month. We go more frequently during the holiday season. Every weekend to be exact. In the 32 years I've been going to Disney and the countless number of rides I've been on I've only been evacuated once. It was on Winnie the Pooh a little over a year ago. I'm perfectly ok with those odds.

StarWarsGirl

Yes. When I went to DL for the first time in 2009, I was evacuated off of Pinocchio. That was the first time I'd been evacuated off of a ride. I got evacuated off of Space Mountain at the very end. We were about ready to get off and they just didn't pull us all the way up. Last trip I was evacuated off of Dinosaur right after getting on, so before we could go in with the Dinos. Needless to say, I was majorly disappointed. I want to be evacuated off of Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest (at the top. Yes I have issues)
If you haven't - you don't go often enough. ;)
Given that I've been 43 times and have only been evacuated 3 times...and once wasn't even in WDW...my parents went for about 30 some trips to WDW before we were all evacuated off of Pinocchio.;)

StupidJudy

One time we were evacuated off of GMR right after the Mary Poppins scene. We went out the way we came in so there was not much to see, I got a picture standing in front of the Singing in the Rain scene though :).

I was evacuated right off of Spaceship Earth but it was at the very top so we went down just the star area so we didn't see the animatronics :(
I have evacuated people off of Space Mountain and I am surprised there aren't more posting about getting stuck on there as we go 101 a lot..

SMS55

Once when we were on Ellen's Energy Adventure. We had boarded the moving vehicle and before we could start we were told to get off. The worst one was shortly after MIssion Space opened. I rode with my son and then my wife(girlfriend at the time) rode with my son. My future step son, now adopted son, was too young to ride. When they were done, my son got stuck. The restraint bar would not open. They had to manually disassemble it to get him out.

Wilt Dasney

I had never had it happen until a few months ago, when it happened twice in the same week. My roommate and I got stuck on Splash Mountain (Disneyland) and had to carefully step out of the log and follow a CM out past the critters and through backstage. Then a few days later, we got evac'ed on Pinocchio of all things. That was much less interesting. We were almost to the end of the ride, so the CM just lifted the lapbar and we walked out. About two weeks ago, I got stuck on Grizzly River Run. We actually made it all the way back to the unload dock before the ride went down, but because we weren't lined up perfectly with the dock, we had to sit for about 20 minutes before a CM came by to help pull us out.

So that's 3 times just since August. Eh. I prefer just making it off the ride the way God (or Walt) intended.

hellowonderland

Yes sirree. Toy Story Mania, after waiting in line for seventy minutes. SEVENTY MINUTES. We played "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" for forty of them, and when the ride broke down, I thought maybe I was hallucinating.

I've also been stuck on Pirates, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion (during the Grim, Grinning Ghosts bit, so I had the song stuck in my head for days afterward... fun times!!)

disney4life2008

We got stuck on the monorail between MK and the CR for over an hour. It started raining was thundering and lighting. It was dark and hot (middle of June), lighting had struck the track. so we are sitting in the air while a thunderstorm is going on around us I am thinking how are they going to get us off of here they have no power. I was not going to climb off this at 50 ft in the air in the middle of a thunderstorm, however they were not coming to get us either. So we sat, and sat. Luck for us the monorail was not crowded, in our car we had DH, DS and DD and on dad and a 2 year old. We did our best to entertain the 2 yr old but after 30 min he started to cry. That was the longest 1 1/2 hours at Disney for us. They finally got power and we could move again 45 seconds and we were at the CR.

Thank goodness it was not crowded. When it rains and there are lots of people on a crowded bus or monorail it smells like a sea of wet dogs.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Never been evacuated, but have been stuck on several occasions on Splash Mountain - usually at the bend after the 50 foot drop (and hoping that our log finally moves before one comes down the drop and we get soaked) or the climb up to the drop. Thinking about it, Splash Mountain gets stuck a lot...

Walked out of Yak and Yeti last October and saw the car stuck on that climb to the mountain - and wondered how those people were going to get off and how long it would take them. Ran into someone stuck and she said they had to walk all the way up and then down and it took about an hour. That is one ride I would never want to get stuck on....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I recall being stuck for a little while on Pirates. It was towards the end but constantly hearing Jack Sparrow sing A Pirate's Life for Me almost made me think I was on Small World. I got stuck on Space Ranger Spin but it was a good thing considering I got 999,999 out of it. (Sadly do not know the photo to prove it.) Other than that, I recall one trip where my family rode Ellen's Energy Adventure but it broke down and were evacuated before the dinosaur animatronic scene. Needless to say, when I rode it in its entirety for the first time last March, it was a ride I would never ride again and if forced to ride again, I would actually want to be evacuated off of!

That is my nightmare - being stuck on Small World and that song will permanently rattling around in my brain.

cheezbat

During the 24 hour day last week, got stuck on the top of Everest, luckily after 15 minutes they got us moving. Also got stuck for nearly a half hour on Pirates that day; the top of the lift on the new Seven Dwarfs coaster, but in both those cases the ride got restarted so no evac...

Until riding Splash. We got evacuated after the drop after sitting in our logs for 20 minutes. Got to go backstage, as well as walk through the final show scenes. I loved that!

habuma

Not exactly an evacuation...but almost: On our very first trip to WDW, we were in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion. After the "Of course, there's always my way" bit, the doors opened and everyone was ushered through a door and outside.

This being our one and only time at the HM on that very first trip, we left thinking that HM was a really overhyped attraction. Fortunately, we've been able to enjoy the entire HM attraction many times since then.

jklakeview

Last time I was on Splash Mountain I was taken off and had to climb down the entire ride to the backstage area. I've also been taken off of Space Mountain as well.

PolynesianPrincess

We were evacuated off the Great Movie Ride last November. We were at the very last scene so it wasn't anything too exciting. That's my only evac story. Was stuck on TT back in 2001 for 35 minutes.

HDS

Was Evac'ed off Spaceship Earth right by the Pinto. They walked us down a good ways. I got photos. The best part was seeing the painted mural on the Exit staircase wall, it was a long trail of flames with a Spaceship Earth ride vehicle at the end on fire! LOL

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Probably not the most interesting ride to be evacuated off of, but my sister and I were evacuated off of Transit Authority TWICE. In the SAME DAY o_O

We had to step on the plastic white plate in between the tracks, and we were right beside the staircase going down to the park. We got fastpasses both times. They accidentally handed us two each the second time cuz the one at the top gave us one and the one on bottom gave us one as well xD

We rode Snow White's Scary Adventures 3 times one day, and the lights went on and the ride stopped for about 5 seconds once each time. But no evacuation.

Despite how many time's I've been, I'm shocked that that's it. Considering I'm aaaalways hearing somebody (who's only been once or twice) saying they've been evacuated off rides. Weird.

TaoBoxer

Been evacuated twice from PotC. Reason being, problem with guest. CM's were in the water pushing the boats to exit area. Kinda cool experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom