have you been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party?

bjlc57

Original Poster
we are trying to determine if we are interested in Mickey's Christmas party .. is it at MK? do they close the parks to everyone else.. what does it contain ? I have no knowledge and am counting on my pro's here at this site..

NeedMoreMickey

Went to party in 2010 and loved it. At 7:00 anyone without special wrist band is supposef to leave MK. Watched the holiday parade and fireworks. It was kind of chilly that year, hats coats & even gloves so it was extra nice when it snowed on Main street. Almost forgot about cookies & hot chocolate. You can usually enter the park around 4:00.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Me and my DH love it!!! We go every trip if we are there at that time.
Yes the park is closed to all other guests from 7-12. With your party ticket you can enter the park starting at 4pm.
You get to see a special firework show shown only at the parties(this is worth the cost alone for us) , special parade shown only at the party, special themed treats like a gingerbread waffle at Sleepy Hollow served only at the party, special shows, "snow" on main st. , free hot chocolate/juice and cookies all you want, special meet and greets, character dance party in the diamond horshoe, special merchandise you can only purchase at the party like pins, shirts, etc etc.
Now if you are there the week of Christmas there is no more parties and they have the special parade and fireworks for everyone.
MVMCP is definately must do at least once if you can afford it. I highly reccomend it!! :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I am a big fan. I've been going for a few years now.
You'll get folks who will say that it isn't what it used to be, but since I'm happily ignorant of what it "used to be", I enjoy it for what it is.

Your special ticket allows you entrance into the park at 4:00pm, so if you so incline, it can be a good "resort" day, or DTD day, resting in the early day and coming in at 4:00pm for the party.

You'll get a special wristband and they will kick everyone non-party out at 7:00pm. There are special parades, uncommon character meet and greets, a few dance parties, cookies and hot chocolate.

To me the highlights are Christmas Wishes, which is spectacular, and the limited crowd. I've been on completely sold out nights and still had mostly 0 wait times.

If those things appeal to you, and if the ticket price is one that you would pay for the above, then it's worth it. If the ticket price isn't worth what you get, then skip it.

DizneyPryncess

We went, back I think in 2008. We had a great time, I'd definitely do it again! I can't add much more than has already been said. Just wanted to add my vote for "loved it"!

UnhealthilyObsessed

Went last year. Loved it so much!

We hit a little traffic on Main Street from park guests leaving, which made my boyfriend a little cranky at first, but once he had some hot chocolate and cookies in him, we were good to go.

I don't think any one element is worth the price of admission, but in tandem, the refreshments, parade, fireworks, and mega-short wait times (we watched the parade near New Fantasyland and SPRINTED to the Mine Train right after and waited maybe 15 minutes) amount to a really special night.

So rather than adding another park day to your ticket, make it a pool day! Have a big lunch at your resort, and have the time of your life! That's what we did.

JIMINYCR

I've been to both and am going back to MVMCP this year again on my upcoming trip. The extra events, character meets and availability of rides were great. I thought both were worth the price of the tickets but I think I enjoyed MNSSHP a bit more. I thought they did just enough more to add to my thrill, or maybe it was the holiday dark/scariness to the halloween theming that did it for me.

Tink28

Went to MVMCP in 2001 and going to be at WDW at Christmas for the first time since then, always been other times but always planned to be there at Christmas again, had been debating whether to go to MVMCP or not but have decided to and looking forward to it

bjlc57

Original Poster
let me ask you this.. can you pay for the party itsself.. or do you have to have a ticket as well? so its double the ticket price basically..just asking because I don't know and knowledge is power..

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
let me ask you this.. can you pay for the party itsself.. or do you have to have a ticket as well? so its double the ticket price basically..just asking because I don't know and knowledge is power..
The party ticket gets you into the party at 4pm. If you want to visit a park that day before the party, you would have to have a separate ticket for that. I've done it both ways. Buying 1 less day of tickets and using the day as my DTD shopping day, only heading to the park at 4pm, and I've also used a day's ticket so I could spend the whole day in the MK. Since extra days on a multi-day ticket are pretty cheap, it was worth it to me. It also was nice to have a day "off" before the party.

But simple answer, if you want to spend the day in a park, then attend MVMCP, then you do need a park ticket AND a MVMCP ticket.

Disney4family

We've done both. We prefer Halloween over Christmas, but both are fun and magical.

We found the Christmas party to be really packed. It seemed there were more people in the park than what we thought would be allowed. We gave up on seeing the shows and just enjoyed the attractions with little lines and seeing random characters wandering out and about.

Both parades and fireworks are amazing. It was fun seeing the CMs have a blast performing in the Halloween parade.

draybook

It's okay. I loved the cooler weather and the decorations are pretty nice. The cookies and hot chocolate are good as well.

ItlngrlBella

Yes... Went reluctantly, and it blew our expectations away.

Over the period of a several years we had gone 3-4 times to WDW during the first week of December. So many CM's asked us and/or encouraged us to do MVMCP. One CM proudly said... "It even snows! You HAVE TO SEE IT!"

Our response: "We hail from a land called Wisconsin. We sought out Florida to escape the frozen tundra. We do not want to see snow." (Okay, I exaggerated that interaction just a little bit). ;)

Forward to 2009. Our daughter was 3, we had my parents with us and my father was 85 at the time. He had some health problems so it was pretty evident that this would be my parent's first and only trip with their granddaughter - bittersweet. So, we were going to do doing this trip with a "go big or go home" mentality.

We purchased MVMCP.

I expected a ok parade, watered down hot chocolate and "snow."

What we got:

- barely any lines for rides
- an AMAZING parade - like the one they used to show on Christmas morning.
-Fireworks that made us tear up.
-best hot chocolate and cookies ever.
-memories you can't put a price on

SO glad we did it. The trip meant SO much.

Last edited:

bjlc57

Original Poster
well Being from Wisconsin myself.. I have wondered if "seeing snow" is that much of a good thing as well. One year we had so much snow before Christmas that the Osmond's came to our town with a Christmas special at the LaCrosse Center.. and when they ran the snow machine .. EVERYONE BOO'D.. to the point, whereas who ever was the head singer said, ,I guess that you have seen enough snow for the year already.. that's why I wonder if its worth the price. btw.. is it warm enough to do a water ride at night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom