Haunted Mansion Restaurant

sublimesting

Agreed, and I think that's too far removed from the HM -- it'd be a little weird for a creepy-themed restaurant to 'leak' into Liberty Square area. Seems like they have plenty of space out back.
View attachment 202318
Two things, isn't Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square so by default is part of the theming? Just an old house....
This is really cool: CHH is already themed to be creepy. Everything in that restaurant is a ghost ship, a shipwreck or a ship lost at sea.

Last edited:

sublimesting

Does the Mansion have a visible show building behind it? If so, construction behind the attraction could take a lot of time and money since they would have to make sure everything is show ready but I think it would totally be a worthy investment! I'm super excited by this possibility!
A ballroom such as BOG would work. Gothic windows overlooking a cemetery in the evening with the setting sun and Spanish moss strewn oak trees blowing in the breeze.

Bocabear

The Happy Haunts Ball...Should have a large foyer very much like BOG, almost the exact same plan but redressed to the specifics...The Ballroom is an obvious, the Entry Hall (Movie set from the movie?) then a Library room replacing the "West Wing" at BOG, and maybe a conservatory... Entrance walkway dressed similar to Queue at TOT...Soft music echoing, fog machines in the landscape, Oak trees draped in moss...old mossy statuary...the old Carriage Road to the Porte Cochere to the house...the Grand Entrance. It could be absolutely brilliant.

jt04

Please, no more of the moving Small World to EPCOT posts. It isn't happening.
And, no, it doesn't make the sense you think it does.

I'd be happy with just closing it. So many benefits to that for expanding the MK and many more attractions.

Also, Haunted Horeshoe seems to still be in the running.

FigmentForver96

I guess in in the minority and don't want this. The Haunted Mansion works because of the set up. The mansion on the outside, while old looking, was never meant to look Haunted. You wanted to go inside this strange building to see what was so intriguing about it. Now it's like they want to make a mini land of the whole thing with a restaurant, store etc.

Bocabear

Tip Top Club was rumored a couple years ago...another really stellar idea. People love being immersed in the theme...that is why Blue Bayou has been so popular all those year (and the Mexican restaurant in EPCOT). People really want beautiful immersive thematic dining experiences...

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I understand the sentiment but judging by the fact that neither of us will likely be setting foot in the other major attraction in Liberty Square until 2020 at the earliest and the god-awful queue has done significant damage to the Ride. If this can undo that damage I am all for it.

I don't see how a queue can do "significant damage" to the ride inside the building, but OK.

Bocabear

It's all about the setup...the interactive queue destroys the whole "sense of foreboding" you feel approaching the ride... there is a setup...begins as scary and revealed as lighthearted fun...it's all about the pacing...if you give away the lighthearted fun at the beginning the sense of staging no longer works...

Buried20KLeague

How about a haunted dinner cruise aboard the Liberty Belle? ;)

Just spitballing, but between dressing the servers as Mansion Butler zombies (like during the Halloween Parties), throwing up a few projectors along Rivers of America, and maybe doing some spooky stories and having sound effects tie in around the river- I know plenty of people that would pay $100 a head for that. Have it last around 45 minutes and you can have 2 or 3 cruises a night for 300 people at a time.

I suggested similar years ago for the Princess and the Frog (which I think would fit better theme-wise). Have live music, characters, a couple things happening along the banks... Make it Tiana's place. The food would have to be brought on board via cart trays... They could make a production out of it. Bread and salad the first time around the RoA, the main and dessert the second time.

They could PRINT money with something like that. And it would provide some life in that area of the park at night.

Buried20KLeague

The first venue I thought of upon hearing this was the Horseshoe. Expanding LS and giving the restaurant a different front-facing angle towards HM could work. Liberty Belle might need new parking but then the scale has always been a bit off for where it is now. IMO.

LOL

Launchpad McQuack

If this happens, I have really high hopes. The possibilities for fun and theming are endless. I love the idea of a ballroom setting for the main dining room. Throw in a "self playing" (haunted) piano or organ. They could "steal" a bit from Harry Potter and have truly living portraits interact with guests.

WDWResort

If this happens, I have really high hopes. The possibilities for fun and theming are endless. I love the idea of a ballroom setting for the main dining room. Throw in a "self playing" (haunted) piano or organ. They could "steal" a bit from Harry Potter and have truly living portraits interact with guests.

The ideas are endless. There can be different rooms like BOG. The seance room, ballroom with the self playing organ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom