Haunted Mansion Restaurant

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Regardless, I think discussion has borne out that a HM-themed restaurant would rock the MK. There'd be lines stretching all the way back to the Hall of Presidents.

HMF

Regardless, I think discussion has borne out that a HM-themed restaurant would rock the MK. There'd be lines stretching all the way back to the Hall of Presidents.
That will be a traffic nightmare, Especially if the HOP is in refurb for a long time. (As it looks like it will be.)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Maybe the toilets at the restaurant will be shaped like cauldrons? Who doesn't love a cauldron-shaped toilet?

Gurgle Gurgle Toil and Trouble Bowels Burn Cauldrons Bubble
(I couldn't resist)

On a serious note. Let's hope not. If we are getting a HM restaurant it needs to be understated, elegantly themed with macabre undertones but nothing heavy-handed or directly lifted from the mansion. Given Disney's track record I'd half-expect a talking Madam Leota crystal ball on every dinner table or some other such obvious, atrocious decor. Nope. I'd like it to be understated. Maybe have the wallpaper here and there but mostly a macabre-regal look.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

We're talking about this one

The Adventures of Ichabod Crane is one of my favorite Disney films (not a huge Toad fan, sorry everyone), and every Halloween, the VHS tape comes out so I can sing along. The music is great, and it's a haunting story (that has to be one of the few Disney movies to end on an eerie, ambiguous note), and even though it's incredibly old, it still could fit incredibly well in Liberty Square. A waffle stand is nice, but I think there's more they can do with the property, especially in autumn.

EricsBiscuit

The Adventures of Ichabod Crane is one of my favorite Disney films (not a huge Toad fan, sorry everyone), and every Halloween, the VHS tape comes out so I can sing along. The music is great, and it's a haunting story (that has to be one of the few Disney movies to end on an eerie, ambiguous note), and even though it's incredibly old, it still could fit incredibly well in Liberty Square. A waffle stand is nice, but I think there's more they can do with the property, especially in autumn.

It's more than a waffle stand now. They got spicey chicken! And baked potatoes

SosoDude

Hear,hear. I love Adventures of Ichabod Crane also. I have put some pretty deep thought into the dynamic of a Horseman attraction or addition to the Magic Kingdom, but it seems a little overkill on the spookyness to add another spooky attraction to Liberty Square. I would LOVE for more represention of Ich and old Headless, but I can't think of any good way for it to "work". Even a restaurant themed to the Van Tassle party would be redundant due to Liberty Tree Tavern in close proximity with similar theme. I would be just fine with a restaurant, ride, and m&g all based on Sleepy Hollow but I see the how most would feel it would be too much.

Princess Leia

Hear,hear. I love Adventures of Ichabod Crane also. I have put some pretty deep thought into the dynamic of a Horseman attraction or addition to the Magic Kingdom, but it seems a little overkill on the spookyness to add another spooky attraction to Liberty Square. I would LOVE for more represention of Ich and old Headless, but I can't think of any good way for it to "work". Even a restaurant themed to the Van Tassle party would be redundant due to Liberty Tree Tavern in close proximity with similar theme. I would be just fine with a restaurant, ride, and m&g all based on Sleepy Hollow but I see the how most would feel it would be too much.
Maybe something along the lines of Streetmosphere? Brom Bones is far too much like Gaston to do it, but when the Muppets aren't out, have some one occasionally tell the tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. Then add the Horseman scene that was cut from the Mansion to add some more continuity.

SosoDude

Maybe something along the lines of Streetmosphere? Brom Bones is far too much like Gaston to do it, but when the Muppets aren't out, have some one occasionally tell the tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. Then add the Horseman scene that was cut from the Mansion to add some more continuity.
I have watched an old youtube video where Dedrick Knickerbocker tells an abreviated version of the Sleepy Hollow story in Liberty Square during MNSSHP. I always thought this was sooo cool.

MCast

Did we talk about possible location for this rumored restaurant? Obviously in the vicinity of HM, but where would they actually place it?

Bocabear

Gurgle Gurgle Toil and Trouble Bowels Burn Cauldrons Bubble
(I couldn't resist)

On a serious note. Let's hope not. If we are getting a HM restaurant it needs to be understated, elegantly themed with macabre undertones but nothing heavy-handed or directly lifted from the mansion. Given Disney's track record I'd half-expect a talking Madam Leota crystal ball on every dinner table or some other such obvious, atrocious decor. Nope. I'd like it to be understated. Maybe have the wallpaper here and there but mostly a macabre-regal look.
ACTUALLY, their currewnt track record has been seriously underwelming...Look at The Beast's Castle interiors in Enchanted Tales with Belle... It looks like a Marriott Ballroom pre-function space... I am hoping they bring in a designer from somewhere else to help head up the project... Get John Myhre who did the production design for the Haunted Mansion film... True the movie was crap, but you have to admit the sets were amazing. Rich elegant and macabre... That is how the interiors should play...Not taking it's tone from the PLQ!

HMF

Did we talk about possible location for this rumored restaurant? Obviously in the vicinity of HM, but where would they actually place it?
Unknown , but I am hoping it will be on the plot of land that currently houses the god-awful Interactive Queue

HMF

Correct if I'm wrong, but you've never actually been to WDW since the interactive queue was installed correct?

Not defending the interactive queue...
I have seen all the photos and videos and I know virtually every inch of the attraction like the back of my hand. It's tone is completely at odds with the premise of the rest of the attraction. Oh, and it's stuff like PLQ that has kept me away from WDW for the past 9 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom