Haunted Mansion Refurb

JustInTime

Color Changing LEDs are the worst choice for the Haunted Mansion...that is so-o cheap carny... and seriously, , color changing LED floodlights are so 5 years ago...there should be something more special... They could digitally map the front of the house and projectall kinds of effects....which would be so much more interesting than color changing LED floodlights...ugh
Disagree. What would be projected? The whole point is that the haunting is inside. The outside is supposed to be plain yet slightly mysterious. I prefer the LED's to projections.

Clamman73

Scrim update
IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_2027.JPG

mouse_luv

I'd love projection mapping as long as they kept it simple, i.e. lightning flashes / moonlight through clouds and maybe candles/shadows in the windows.
There are shadows/things in at least one of the windows of the HM at night. One just needs to know where to look.

Last edited:

CastleBound

And? That's already there. I can't change or debate that. However, protection mapping hasn't been done so debating the idea makes sense.
Just pointing out that the haunting aspect is not secluded to the indoors. Outdoors makes just as much sense as indoors. I'd be cool with projections, as long as it's not over abundant. Quick ghost crossings here and there would be fantastic.

FigmentForver96

Just pointing out that the haunting aspect is not secluded to the indoors. Outdoors makes just as much sense as indoors. I'd be cool with projections, as long as it's not over abundant. Quick ghost crossings here and there would be fantastic.
Technically it's actually not suppose to. They dropped the ball the first time with that stupid interactive crap they added in outside. The whole idea is the mansion looks omnimous but not completely haunted. Haunts don't start until inside.

CastleBound

Technically it's actually not suppose to. They dropped the ball the first time with that stupid interactive crap they added in outside. The whole idea is the mansion looks omnimous but not completely haunted. Haunts don't start until inside.
Well thats a verrrryy loose theme considering the queue as you pointed out. There's so many elements outdoors that lend to haunts, that in my eyes it would make sense. Personally I have no issue with the queue.

yensidtlaw1969

But the swinging wake occurs "outside"...
Yes, but not until after Madame Leota ferries our "sympathetic vibrations" to the ghosts who respond by materializing, which does not happen until *you* are already inside. Bats and fog don't cross this line, but the ghosts aren't supposed to be visible until they are summoned mid-ride.

Rob562

Yes, but not until after Madame Leota ferries our "sympathetic vibrations" to the ghosts who respond by materializing, which does not happen until *you* are already inside. Bats and fog don't cross this line, but the ghosts aren't supposed to be visible until they are summoned mid-ride.

True, but there are non-physical-apparition haunted things that happen before Leota: portraits, floating candles, moving books, playing piano, knocking doors, sounds...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom