Haunted Mansion Refurb

Haymarket2008

A video I posted in a past thread, of the Hatbox Ghost's lead imagineers talking about the figure, it was stated by them that the intention was to install him in Florida at some point in the future. It was always going to be after the 60th celebration wrapped up, at the earliest. They justified his eventual presence in WDW's Mansion because there were two original Hatbox figures built back when the attraction first opened. They built two of everything: for DL and WDW.

Bacon

Actual install of the figure may have been overnight, but there was construction required to prepare his area. Not a one day job.
The ride also seems darker so they could do it the California "construction" was lighting Mk's lighting is fine

RSoxNo1

Having seen the hatbox ghost, if they want to bring it to WDW then they need to either slow down the ride or speed up the ghost. I knew to look for it and was able to see the head move, but the other people in my party didn't even notice it. It's a cool feature when you see it.
The Hatbox Ghost in Disneyland is modern nostalgia. The "effect" itself is no longer impressive and lacks any charm that would have been generated if they relied on old parlor tricks. There's nothing wrong with it at all, but now that it's there it's less interesting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Scrim is stil partially up - shot last evening.

DSC00155-1.jpg

180º

Magic Kingdom paint jobs have been hit or miss lately, but I like this. The aging doesn't make it seem dilapidated, just old and natural. I wouldn't want this treatment for Disneyland's Mansion, but it's very picturesque here against the backdrop (foreground?) or MK's more tranquil, earthy river.

Next Big Thing

So just a character that really has no relevance to the WDW Mansion. Cool, thanks!
I heard the hype of the Hatbox ghost before I recently went on the DL HM. If you are looking the wrong way you may miss him. He literally is just another ghost character seen throughout the ride that has for some reason gained immense hype over the years for NOT being in the ride.

Bacon

I can imagine the placement, wiring, programming, testing, lighting, etc. that would need to be done. It's not like you're dropping in a Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum figure.
Three full days to do that when California had 1!!!!!!

180º

Three full days to do that when California had 1!!!!!!
Not so fast. California took two weeks after HMH to rebuild the widow's walk outside the attic, adding a trellis with lighting rigs, new railing, and a temporary wall, as well as adjusting the Doom Buggy position to face out to the right sooner. All of this was constructed during that longer downtime in the winter and was in place when the ride reopened in January. The single-day closure in May was basically just to remove the wall.

Bacon

Not so fast. California took two weeks after HMH to rebuild the widow's walk outside the attic, adding a trellis with lighting rigs, new railing, and a temporary wall, as well as adjusting the Doom Buggy position to face out to the right sooner. All of this was constructed during that longer downtime in the winter and was in place when the ride reopened in January. The single-day closure in May was basically just to remove the wall.
What did i say if they work hard 3 days is ignough

The Hatbox Ghost

So just a character that really has no relevance to the WDW Mansion. Cool, thanks!

The Hatbox Ghost was an original inhabitant of the DL HM but mysteriously disappeared soon after he appeared. He had a twin that was to be interned at WDW's HM when it opened but that plan vanished. The Hatbox Ghost has since reappeared at DL and will soon come home to WDW where I err... he, has rightfully belonged for decades :rolleyes:

I'll be seeing you soon in the attic!!

JohnD

The Hatbox Ghost was an original inhabitant of the DL HM but mysteriously disappeared soon after he appeared. He had a twin that was to be interned at WDW's HM when it opened but that plan vanished. The Hatbox Ghost has since reappeared at DL and will soon come home to WDW where I err... he, has rightfully belonged for decades :rolleyes:

I'll be seeing you soon in the attic!!

Can't wait for him to materialize!

TimeTrip

Was just there last night. I was disappointed to see construction walls up around/blocking the graveyard bypass. We had FP, but got merged into the line before the graveyard and had an extra wait due to that. Does anyone know what they're doing there?

mgpan

And this will be present during the next MNSSHP? Interesting that the attraction most associated with that event would be scrimmed or walled at all during those $$$ events unless absolutely necessary.

Bacon

And this will be present during the next MNSSHP? Interesting that the attraction most associated with that event would be scrimmed or walled at all during those $$$ events unless absolutely necessary.
It was needed it was made out of wood for nearly 45 years!

matt clark

Im going to MNSSHP on September 23rd. I cant imagine they will keep up the scrim for such an important piece of the event... will they?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom