Haunted Mansion Refurb

KYgirl

So does anyone have any idea when the exterior refurb might be completed? We will be there September 2-8 and are going to the Halloween party in the 8th. I just it's finished by then so we can really experience the mansion during the party.

Tinkers

So does anyone have any idea when the exterior refurb might be completed? We will be there September 2-8 and are going to the Halloween party in the 8th. I just it's finished by then so we can really experience the mansion during the party.

I haven't been able to find any details. My family is going to MK in August and I posted a question on the Disney Panel about the scrim. The reply was that there is no official date for when the scrim will be coming down. I'm glad the ride is still in operation. Big Thunder Mountain is under refurb for our visit, if the Haunted Mansion was down I might have to cancel our trip

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 23. The photo overlay was completed on the construction scrim to the Haunted Mansion.

IMG_8161.JPG

jasmine217

From the sound of it, the refurb will be strictly exterior, but I wish they would use this refurb to also address whatever causes HM to break down so much. When I was there 2 weeks ago, we were on it late in the evening when crowds were limited, and the ride came to a halt no less than 7-8 times in a single ride. Some stops lasted for 5 minutes or better. I understand a ride stopping once or so to allow a disabled rider on or off, maybe someone trips or drops something while boarding/departing, but that many stops...really? I was chatting with a couple of preteen girls in the queue who were excited/nervous for their first ride on HM, and it made me bummed for them that their first trip was filled with so many breakdowns.

JohnD

So just a character that really has no relevance to the WDW Mansion. Cool, thanks!

The character has just as much relevance to the WDW Mansion as it does to the DL Mansion. It's just that in the 1960s, they didn't have the technology to pull it off. As for this refurb, I don't believe that Hatbox Ghost will be installed. Too short a time. Maybe by 2021 in time for the 50th anniversary, just as the Hatbox Ghost was installed for DL's 60th.

MrHappy

Maybe this isn't for interior work considering the 3 day closure. Perhaps it's continued exterior work but over the areas where guests are, so best to close the lines during this period. Just a guess, maybe they can get a quick interior tuneup/cleanse in as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom