Haunted Mansion Refurb

yensidtlaw1969

True, but there are non-physical-apparition haunted things that happen before Leota: portraits, floating candles, moving books, playing piano, knocking doors, sounds...

-Rob
Right, I was responding to the idea of "quick ghost crossings" -- if such spirits were seen visibly darting across the Mansion, that would break the "rules".

If they were to projection map the Mansion with ghosts and things for Not So Scary or a special event I'd certainly be curious to see what they could do, but day to day I think the quiet subtlety of the dark Mansion barely visible on top of the hill save for some spare, wandering candlelight probably can't be beat.

Speaking of special events, Disneyland Paris did something like this on Phantom Manor while I was being refurbed over Halloween a good number of years ago. Thinking about what could be done with the technology now it's fun to imagine:

999th Happy Haunt

Anyone else notice that yesterday the hitchhiking ghost mirrors weren't working? There was just a projection of each ghost floating by, not in the car and interacting with guest. Did anyone else notice this or was that only for my ride?

matt9112

Since i dont know any better what are the exterior changes being dsicussed? Besides the lighting is the color different now? Used to be darker reds right?

Magenta Panther

Anyone else notice that yesterday the hitchhiking ghost mirrors weren't working? There was just a projection of each ghost floating by, not in the car and interacting with guest. Did anyone else notice this or was that only for my ride?

I think that happens when the actual video has a problem. Kind of like when Elsa stands and waves when Frozen Ever After goes down.

I wish TDO would get rid of that new Hitchhiking Ghost effect, by the way. It's not nearly as effective as the original scene. Too many things happen too fast, and it's obvious it's just video. The original effect had a presence and 3D quality this new version simply lacks.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Still there . Ruins the look and the queue . No progress in a month. Typical Disney
First sentence - probably true. I can neither confirm nor refute.
Second sentence - in your opinion. I scarcely noticed the scrims last month when I was there.
Third sentence - patently false.
Fourth sentence - Ugh! Why you gotta be so negative? This forum is full of examples of TDO plussing the exterior of multiple attractions, replacing faded posters, installing new signage, and adding new lighting and fresh paint.

Bocabear

there used to be night time effects that ran sporadically...a candle light that traveled through the conservatory... shadows in the windows...the occasional flash of lightening and clap of thunder... that studd was great. I have not seen the conservatory effect work in years...It would be nice to see some subtle, well done effects implemented... I think projection mapping is the best way to make it happen...

mouse_luv

there used to be night time effects that ran sporadically...a candle light that traveled through the conservatory... shadows in the windows...the occasional flash of lightening and clap of thunder... that studd was great. I have not seen the conservatory effect work in years...It would be nice to see some subtle, well done effects implemented... I think projection mapping is the best way to make it happen...
The shadow still is in the window and last I recall the thunder sound was still somewhat existent.

peter11435

I remember seeing the shadow still working... and the thunder and strobe flash... from time to time... they need to get that conservatory effect back up and running...
It was working just before the scaffolding went up. It's a fairly reliable effect but is easy to miss because it doesn't happen continuously.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
From yesterday

DSC02039-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom