haunted mansion holiday

TP2000

Generally it closes the Sunday after New Years Day, whenever that falls on the calendar. This year it closes on January 4th.

Texas84

It's always closed when I go. Guess I'll have to plan a late Fall trip one of these days. See how DLR does the holidays.

bebert

I was in DLR for the first time this week and was actually disappointed with the Jack Skellington takeover. I was really looking forward to seeing the real HM. WDW does not do this so why is it so popular in DLR?

Californian Elitist

I was in DLR for the first time this week and was actually disappointed with the Jack Skellington takeover. I was really looking forward to seeing the real HM. WDW does not do this so why is it so popular in DLR?

Haunted Mansion Holiday has been a Halloween/Christmas tradition at Disneyland for fourteen years now. I'm a little surprised you didn't know.

WDW doesn't do the overlay because TDO is cheap and doesn't want to pony up the cash for it. Lots of Disneylanders enjoy the change, look forward to something different, and, as I said before, recognize it as a tradition. Same thing goes for the "it's a small word" Holiday overlay and now the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay. It's just something Disney does in California that doesn't exist in Florida.

bebert

Haunted Mansion Holiday has been a Halloween/Christmas tradition at Disneyland for fourteen years now. I'm a little surprised you didn't know.

WDW doesn't do the overlay because TDO is cheap and doesn't want to pony up the cash for it. Lots of Disneylanders enjoy the change, look forward to something different, and, as I said before, recognize it as a tradition. Same thing goes for the "it's a small word" Holiday overlay and now the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay. It's just something Disney does in California that doesn't exist in Florida.

Until now I really did not keep up with DLR so I would not know the traditions.
That changed after this trip, huge fan of DLR now. Ghost Galaxy was cool to see and I think WDW has done the same thing in the past but, for just a short time frame.

Californian Elitist

That changed after this trip, huge fan of DLR now. Ghost Galaxy was cool to see and I think WDW has done the same thing in the past but, for just a short time frame.

I know it was your first time at DL. I just thought HMH would come up during your research, since it's such a big deal for DL. Good thing is you know now, and since you didn't like it, you can schedule future trips before the holiday season and avoid going between the months of September and early January.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes

I'm not quite sure what you may be recalling, but the only two parks that have ever done Ghost Galaxy are Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland.

I personally love the Haunted Mansion holiday overlay. The Tokyo version even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom