Haunted Mansion Holiday?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Hi all. I was just wondering something. It's been disputed alot whether the Haunted Mansion Holiday was coming to WDW this year. I heard the budget for HMH went to another cause, SGE. I heard maybe next year, but nobody seems to have anything solid. Anyone know anything?

Yensidtlaw1969

ToTBellHop

It isn't looking so good for this year, but with this year being a possible farewell season for Disneyland's makeover, it may be coming here next year.

Figment1986

I hope WDW gets a new holiday show... (Perhaps they could configure IASW to work with a holiday oferlay when they are done with it next year... )

I heard how great the mansion holiday is... WDW should get it... (perhpas next year would be better...)

Captain Hank

Well, DL already has an ISAW holiday overlay. My guess is that WDW will probably be getting one or the other in the coming years.

wannab@dis

One of them should be brought to MK. But I have to say that IASW makeover scares me a little. I'm not sure why, but it just does.

It's a small world (jingle bell, jingle bells) after all,
It's a small (jingle bell, jingle bells), small (jingle bell, jingle bells) world.

Can you imagine the horror? :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

I think I'd settle for Holiday Wishes...after what they did with Believe in Holiday Magic, Holiday Wishes would be amazing...

Tails45

wannab@dis said:
One of them should be brought to MK. But I have to say that IASW makeover scares me a little. I'm not sure why, but it just does.

It's a small (jingle bell, jingle bells), small (jingle bell, jingle bells) world.

Gee, and I thought listening to Christmas carols for about more than 20 min and hearing the yelling and chaos of screaming family members during the "holiday rush" was enough. (but still IASW is a classic ride)

boo52

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I think I'd settle for Holiday Wishes...after what they did with Believe in Holiday Magic, Holiday Wishes would be amazing...
They were looking into a holiday version this year, but they decided to spend the money on upgrading the park audio for the show. There is hope for next year though. We'll see.

MissM

There is the 999 Happy Haunts Ball at WDW:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_wdw3573.html

Join the GHOULISH GATHERING October 25-27, 2004 selecting from three different package experiences. (All packages will be sold first come first served and space is limited.)

m-lil-ghost102601.gif
Phineas Package - $2299.99 per person Includes: 2 nights at a Disney Resort, incredible dinners, special auction, seminar, breakfast, lunch, artist signings, theme park experience and exclusive event gifts.
m-lil-ghost102601.gif
Gus Package - $529.99 per person Includes: 1 night at a Disney resort, specials themed dinner, breakfast, seminar, auction, artist signings, theme park experience and exclusive event gifts. -

m-lil-ghost102601.gif
Ezra Package - $149.99 per person Includes: a ghoulish theme park experience, photo opportunities, artist signings, food and beverage and exclusive event gift.

Reservations for the 999 Happy Haunts Event will be accepted via www.DisneyGallery.com beginning June 14, 2004 at 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Time).

Don't know if that's what you mean, but thought I'd pass it along just in case.
-m

Captain Hank

I've always wanted to go to the 999 Happy Haunts Ball. I'm a major HM fan. I'm just never down there at the right time...and there's the $$$ issue.

However, HM Holiday is an actual re-working of the ride for the holiday season to theme it like Nightmare Before Christmas. There is a great link to all sorts of info about it earlier in this thread.

Foolish Mortal

wannab@dis said:

I think the holiday IASW makeover sounds better than messing around with the Haunted Mansion. I know this is going to be unpopular but please remember it's just my opinion. Even though i've heard good things about the Nightmare show in Disneyland, I view the HM as a classic that should not be fooled with in any way especially by a non-Disney entity (right choice of word ??). Disney already does enough to make all of WDW special at the holiday season, I think we could live without this one thing.

KevinPage

Foolish Mortal said:
I think the holiday IASW makeover sounds better than messing around with the Haunted Mansion. I know this is going to be unpopular but please remember it's just my opinion. Even though i've heard good things about the Nightmare show in Disneyland, I view the HM as a classic that should not be fooled with in any way especially by a non-Disney entity (right choice of word ??). Disney already does enough to make all of WDW special at the holiday season, I think we could live without this one thing.

I understand what you are saying, Nightmare isn't a "pure" Disney movie in my eyes either, even though it is under the company's banner.

But from all the positive things people have said about the "makeover" and seeing video of it, I would love to have another "new" thing during the holiday season. And there NEVER is enough. :lol:

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure I consider the Haunted Mansion more classic than "it's a small world". The only reason I even ride "it's a small world" is because it is classic from the 60s (originally). Those dolls scare me and the music gives me a headache lol...but it's Walt :) The nice thing about the Haunted Mansion Holiday is that it's not permanent and it involves an upgrade of technology on the ride, both of which would be great for our version (if anyone has ridden the Disneyland version in the last few years, they will notice the difference). Any permanent changes, of course, we would all be outraged at, but changes like this are fine by me, in fact welcomed. While Nightmare was one of the strangest Disney flicks, I still felt it had that Disney feel to it through the music and I enjoyed it thoroughly, and it certainly fits with the Haunted Mansion, which is also strange in a very, very good way (the morbidity of the Haunted Mansion and Nightmare are both all in good fun, and I enjoy it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom