Haunted mansion has reopened!

Jerm

There is also a piece of new dialog from Phantom Manor - "I didn't mean to frighten you, so prematurely".

This is one of the old lines that has been here at DL forever. So they just added it, but I thought it was always there?!?!?

The "ring" is gone and has been since at least Dec. '06. I'm going in again!

Someone did in fact "uncover" it sometime this year, when I was there in May it was back again.

J

Dragonrider1227

Aww, I was kinda hoping they'd use some Phantom Manor music. I mean, the original Grim Grinning Ghosts sounds like something out of an old episode of Scooby Doo :ROFLOL: But this sounds so awesome. We're going this October it'll be all fresh and new for us! :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is one of the old lines that has been here at DL forever. So they just added it, but I thought it was always there?!?!?

Someone did in fact "uncover" it sometime this year, when I was there in May it was back again.

J

The WDW version used to end at "there's always my way". So we now have some new extra dialog. :)

MagliteL13

All i gotta say is that friggin rocked! Rode it twice today already. We overheard that mansion was at a 60min wait when we left. The stair scene was much more impressive than i had imagined.

Now heading towards DHS cause mansion starting to get a little crazy. (posted from monorail red)

Jeremy

animay

The WDW version used to end at "there's always my way". So we now have some new extra dialog. :)

I'm pretty sure that "I didn't mean to frighten you..." line has always been there, but it sounds like they've made it more audible now. It would play at almost the exact same time as the exit door opened in the stretching room. Plus, it was played from speakers in the load area hallway just outside the room. Combined with the usual noise from the crowd, it made it very hard to hear.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure that "I didn't mean to frighten you..." line has always been there, but it sounds like they've made it more audible now. It would play at almost the exact same time as the exit door opened in the stretching room. Plus, it was played from speakers in the load area hallway just outside the room. Combined with the usual noise from the crowd, it made it very hard to hear.

I'm not 100% sure if it was there or not, but I dont ever remember hearing it in the old version. Either way, it is now VERY clear in the new version, which is a good thing. :)

celestia

Impressed. There were definately bats in the stretch rooms, maybe people just are not hearing them? The new bride is amazing as well as the eyes in the wallpaper.

:sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Impressed. There were definately bats in the stretch rooms, maybe people just are not hearing them? The new bride is amazing as well as the eyes in the wallpaper.

:sohappy:

Yep there definately is bat audio. I think the confusion came where some people were previously saying that there would be bat animatronics.

Buried20KLeague

the new gargoyles were officially announced by Disney recently (in the Disney Insider???), so I would imagine they will be up and running soon.

Really? I thought the reference to gargoyle changes was pretty well shot down. :shrug: I'd be okay with changing them, personally... And it would be something that could be quickly changed, I would think... But I thought that was found to be nothing more than rumor. :confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
the new gargoyles were officially announced by Disney recently (in the Disney Insider???), so I would imagine they will be up and running soon.

Are you referring to this?

"we decided to bring the little gargoyles to life and let them have fun as well," said Joe. "We put a few bats in there and let them fly around and a few other things too. So now we have more of an ambiance, a texture."

If so, this is all referring to the new audio mix. There are not going to be new Gargoyles or animatronic bats installed.

celestia

Was anything done to the keel boat dock or fastpass area? Shop maybe?

Nope. The fastpass area was being used for queue. There was no change in merchandise at all with the exception of the trading pins that were released today (which were very popular.) The Leota cart was moved back to the exit of the ride. Just tons and tons and tons of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. :hurl:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really? I thought the reference to gargoyle changes was pretty well shot down. :shrug: I'd be okay with changing them, personally... And it would be something that could be quickly changed, I would think... But I thought that was found to be nothing more than rumor. :confused:

This is correct, there is audio that appears to come from the gargoyles, but nothing more. Most guests arent even going to notice it.

New2WDW

Wonderful thread/updates! Is anyone planning on riding HM tonight to let us know if it does in fact get scarrier? :lookaroun

Can't wait to ride this October! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom