Haunted Mansion Animated Special ...

SosoDude

Original Poster
From the link above :

Just days after learning that Guillermo del Toro is having troubling cracking a feature-length screenplay, THR writes that Disney Television Animation is celebrating the 45th anniversary of Disneyland’s “The Haunted Mansion” attraction in a big way.

Says the site, the studio is developing a Disney Channel and Disney XD animated special inspired by the ghoulishly fun popular theme park attraction!

“The Haunted Mansion” special will be animated by legendary horror genre artist and children’s book illustrator Gris Grimly (“Gris Grimly’s Wicked Nursery Rhymes”), who also will exec produce and art direct!!! Scott Peterson (“Phineas and Ferb”) will serve as writer, EP and story editor. Joshua Pruett (“Phineas and Ferb”) is on board as a consulting producer and writer.

NMBC1993

Ehhh, I was on-board until I read that some of the crew of Phineas and Ferb are going to handle the project (Couldn't they at least use Dan Povenmire and "Swampy" Marsh instead)? No offense to P&F (use to be a huge fan, before it was popular) nowadays P&F just reminds me of a Seth Macfarlane production (yes, I know Dan worked on Family Guy). There is no originality in the series anymore, they repeat jokes that they've used already and I would rather the show just end, then continuing the drag on the way it is now. Here's hoping for a quality representation of my beloved Mansion, and please...don't make it corny.

prberk

Umm, an annimated special for the anniversary of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion? Not to mention with Seth McFarlane (I mean the P&F people) behind it?

Does the Walt Disney Company not even understand its history and the value of its archives anymore? Disney wrote the book on "special features" before they even had DVDs for them. What I mean is that Walt Disney and his people were famous for doing celebratory specials that showed us real attractions on TV, with great behind-the-scenes nuggets (sometimes with Walt himself showing it to us) on the attraction's development and teasing the secrets behind it. That whetted appetites to see it while also celebrating its history, much more so than any cheap television animated crap would do! Especially for an anniversary. Celebrate the ride and its history, for goodness sake!

And you know that they have plenty of archival footage of the development of that ride. I believe that there was a television special made for its opening, too, which included celebrities (the Osmonds, I believe).

Why can't we get a real anniversary special? Why can't they record a live-action special celebrating the ride, with clips from its development, celebrity references to how much they loved it growing up, a look at the recent renovations, and a few insights from imagineers, followed by (in true Disney fashion) a sneak peak at attractions coming down the pike?

Instead we get probably irreverent animated crap from friends of Seth McFarlane, etc.

Bairstow

Dirty%20Jim.jpg

SosoDude

Original Poster
I wonder if this was turned into/reduced to the HM DisneyXD commercial intros from this past October?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom