Haunted Mansion and Fastpass+

mousehockey37

Original Poster
I don't know if this has been discussed here yet or not, but here goes nothing...

On twitter, kennythepirate retweeted that due to the fastpass+, all standby guests on Haunted Mansion MUST go through the interactive cemetery queue.

This is a problem. They made an additional queue so that people who DIDN'T want to do interactive things could just go and get on the ride and get on with their day. Now you'll have to wait and deal with line drama if you don't have fastpass+.

I say they close everything for a month and put 4 lines in every queue, lol. You'd have an interactive queue, a normal standby line, a fastpass line for passes you get that day and then the fastpass+ for the micromanagers of vacationers who want every second of the day accounted for.

mousehockey37

Original Poster
What? You are telling me people don't want to see/touch the bookcases that little Sally snot nose just wiped her hands all over?? And extend their wait time by 10-15 minutes?? This. Utterly. Shocks. Me.

LOL, let's not forget when our favorite southern hemisphere visitors come... Their fastpass+ pre-scheduled time is going to have the CM's standing at the entrance saying: Sorry, this ride is fully flash photo and chants today, the normal mansion will return in a few months....

mousehockey37

Original Poster
more like fast pass minus, amirite

Well, as I'm sure others will point out and agree with, these are the hidden things that are now starting to come out of this new system. We were sold the garbage (or saw right through it) that this would be a wonderful thing, and now we're starting to see the nightmare that it's going to cause.

luv

They made an additional queue so that people who DIDN'T want to do interactive things could just go and get on the ride and get on with their day.
Are we sure about that? Is it possible they did that because they were planning to make the line longer with FP+?

FWIW, I am not a fan of the cemetery part OR the idea of them making the line longer with a FP+ line.

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Are we sure about that? Is it possible they did that because they were planning to make the line longer with FP+?

FWIW, I am not a fan of the cemetery part OR the idea of them making the line longer with a FP+ line.

That's just the thing. We may never know. Like I said jokingly in my original post, close everything down, 4 queue lines. That'll solve it all. My other question is, what's going to happen when someone comes in late for their "appointment" ride that they scheduled 180 days prior? Will they treat it like a missed appt. and to the back of the standby interactive queue line? Or will you get rushed through the FP+ line?

Tinkerbell 8

I don't have kids so I don't go through the interactive queue. I went through it once when there was no one in line for HM and it was okay to do it just the once, but I wouldn't do it and extend my wait time. It's going to suck when the FP+ is installed and you are forced to go through it, Disney thinks everyone is too stupid to see what they are really doing with all the interactive queues, its a shame. :(

Buried20KLeague

As much as I love HM and other rides in disney, I will not waste a FP on a ride that in my opinion is not FP worthy, if the standby queue is too long, then I'll go and do something else, if that becomes a trend, then I'll be visiting hogwarts instead.

You may not even have the CHOICE to get a FP for HM anyway. It's a top tier, iconic attraction. Like Le Cellier, it may well be that if you don't select it a month in advance, you're SOL.

Greenkai3000

I think I've been living under a rock ever since I went on a 3 year WDW hiatus...Can someone please tell me wth Fast Pass + is? We'll be back to the World in 2 months and need to be well informed. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom