Has Disney ever cancelled your ADR?

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
Rumour has it Disney does that if you overbook ADRs. Has this happened to you. I'm concerned Disney will do this to me. The group is a Grand Gathering. We will be having dinner at two places within 15 minutes of each other. The party size is different. Are my ADRs at risk?

RiversideBunny

I don't think that WDW has a system for automatically cancelling ADR's, not even if the guest cancels the trip.
The ADR's just sit there clogging up the space unless the guest makes a request to cancel them.

:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think that WDW has a system for automatically cancelling ADR's, not even if the guest cancels the trip.
The ADR's just sit there clogging up the space unless the guest makes a request to cancel them.

:)
They are suppose to have an audit system running that periodically looks for double, triple, etc bookings by the same party. This of course is to help elevate people from making multiple ADR's for the same date and time knowing full well that they will only be using at best one of them. Disney has been pretty hush hush about how the system works but I have heard reports from people at other sites having that have had all of their ADR's for a particular day canceled due to double booking.

nepalostparks

They are suppose to have an audit system running that periodically looks for double, triple, etc bookings by the same party. This of course is to help elevate people from making multiple ADR's for the same date and time knowing full well that they will only be using at best one of them. Disney has been pretty hush hush about how the system works but I have heard reports from people at other sites having that have had all of their ADR's for a particular day canceled due to double booking.

As it should be. Getting a good time at a popular location is hard enough without a party holding ADRs at multiple locations at the same time.

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
The reservations are under different names (however the names are vary similar), different email addresses and different phone numbers.

challisgal

We had ours canceled once, but for circumstances that I hope are extremely rare. When we showed up at the Biergarten in 2008, the restaurant was completely closed. We were told that someone had died (they didn't say if it was a guest or CM) and it was closed for the remainder of the day. The staff were able to accomodate us at another restaurant.

TomHendricks

I always cancel any ADR that I know were not going to make it to or don't need. I like to think that I may help out someone get a ADR who really needs it. I wish more people would do it.

harveyt0206

I always cancel any ADR that I know were not going to make it to or don't need. I like to think that I may help out someone get a ADR who really needs it. I wish more people would do it.

Amen Tom. I just canceled an ADR for Le Cellier for my upcoming trip because my mom and I weren't going to make it. Instead, I got in to Teppan Edo for a later time that works better with our plans on that day. My thought was "hopefully someone who really wants Le Cellier will now have the chance". I wonder if the new on line ADR system is impacting restaurant reservations negatively. I think it would be much easier to abuse the dining system now that you don't have talk to a Disney CM.

armyfamilyof5

I booked Le Cellier the minute I was able for our upcoming trip. After discussing with the family I called to get Fantasmic ressies and while online booked Coral Reef and Ohana, all under the same name and phone number explaining to the CM we had Le Cellier but I didn't know which day. She found the Le Cellier ressie and then double booked us with Coral Reef, while I was on the phone with her an email came telling me Le Cellier was cancelled, she was unable to rebook it and a supervisor had to be contacted. End result is YES the system will cancel double bookings. We were able to retain our Le Cellier ressies and switched days for Coral Reef so we are happy but it is an automated system.

wdwwdeagle

Amen Tom. I just canceled an ADR for Le Cellier for my upcoming trip because my mom and I weren't going to make it. Instead, I got in to Teppan Edo for a later time that works better with our plans on that day. My thought was "hopefully someone who really wants Le Cellier will now have the chance". I wonder if the new on line ADR system is impacting restaurant reservations negatively. I think it would be much easier to abuse the dining system now that you don't have talk to a Disney CM.

Just wanted to say I agree the online system makes it easier to change things around.... and to forget or abuse, whichever your mind is more inclined to do. For instance....

I'm so glad I saw this thread, b/c I had changed a Crystal Palace reserv. to an earlier time online a couple weeks ago, and had intended to call and cancel the original (I had neglected to write down the confirmation #, so couldn't cancel online). However, I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread. I called yesterday and cancelled my original time.

I make changes all the time, as well. When I hit my 180, I know pretty much what we're gonna do, so I call and make all my ADRs that day. But I'm always tinkering with them online, to change a little earlier, or a little later, or lunch to dinner, etc.

Usually I can just cancel online at the same time that I book the new one, but not having the conf. # means you can't cancel online. It would be nice if there was a way to pull them all up together when you log in, but to my knowledge this isn't possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom