has anyone ........

jesserin

====================
Big River Grille and Brewing
Works at the BoardWalk
====================

Having heard many mixed reviews about the Big River Grille, I'd been slow to try it for myself. The one and only time I'd been in the place was for a drink and snacks with friends and the food quality, service and atmosphere less than impressed me. But in the name of research, I ventured into the restaurant on a recent trip and was pleasantly surprised on all counts.

The decor and the menu at Big River Grille are both no-nonsense, reflecting the fact that this is an American brewhouse experience, plain and simple. Plain wood and metal seating is comfortable yet practical, while menu items, both at lunch and dinner, emphasize sandwiches, ribs and red meat (although there are one or two chicken and pasta entrees). Service is equally no-frills -- pleasant but not overly attentive -- but that's OK for this type of eatery, reminiscent of the TGIFriday's or Applebee's that you might frequent at home.

At lunchtime, the Roasted Turkey Sandwich ($8.99), which comes with lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise and Havarti cheese on fresh sourdough bread was above average, with an abundance of moist turkey and a generous amount of kettle chips. (http://allearsnet.com/acc/bw_brg1.jpg) Another midday alternative, the Honey Dijon Chicken Sandwich, featured juicy grilled chicken breast basted in sweet and tangy honey-dijon mustard. Topped with crispy bacon strips and Swiss cheese (photo, $9.75), all on a fresh-baked roll, this sandwich was a bit messy to eat, and definitely not heart-healthy, but delicious just the same. (http://allearsnet.com/acc/bw_brg2.jpg)

In addition to the surprisingly tasty fare, the Big River Grille has two other advantages that set it apart. First, for beer-lovers, the homemade brews, crafted on the premises. The other, the outdoor seating, looking out onto gorgeous views of Crescent Lake and the Epcot resort area. With no lunch entree priced over $18.99 (the salmon) and no dinner entree over $24.99 (the NY Strip Steak), Big River Grille is a definite contender for those looking for a solid mid-range meal.

this is courtesy of allearsnet.com - this was in the latest newsletter they just sent out... sounds pretty good to me!

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
thanks

Thanks for the info .Hubby wants to eat there ...of course for the beer .But I wanted to make sure it would be suitable for our children 13 & 9.

tigsmom

We had dinner there one night last August. I had the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greenhouse Salad & [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Atlantic Salmon (very :slurp: ) my kids had burgers that were perfect and the DH had the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken Marinara. He enjoyed the beer, though they were out of his first choice that night. My kids (17 & 10 at the time) went out onto the Boardwalk to play some of the midway games while we were waiting for dinner to arrive. Since they are right outside the big plateglass windows we could keep them in sight while we had a few minutes to ourselves for a quiet drink.
[/FONT]

Nemo14

we ate there last year. I had a very tasty chicken sandwich, and my DH had a burger. He loved the beer sampler there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom