Has Anyone Here Worked Halloween Horror Nights?

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Has anyone here worked Universal's Halloween Horror Nights?

If so, how was the job?

What is the "audition" process like? What are the hiring managers looking for?

Any info on the topic is appreciated.

Thanks,

Timekeeper

P.S. I posted this in the Chit Chat section and then remembered there was a Universal section. Silly me! :brick:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've been in it the last 2 years, and maybe this year as well. The audition process is easy for streets/house, with monologues required for other actor roles. The managers this year are looking for people that err... can breathe. And have body control of their functions. Seriously, this year it's so big, they're taking whoever they can get. So audition, it's gonna be fun like always, you make good friends, and you get a free UO AP and an extra $1500 for a months work.

Legacy

1500 Rob?

That's rich... it's not even 200 the first two weeks. You make a little over 1000.

Rob's right on the audition process this year. I already auditioned and made it, and I can't even do it this year. I also did 12.

Legacy

Because you work it, and you know most of the tricks involved in the event, it's more difficult to become scared. Occassionally, a worker will get startled, but because the scaracter side is such a different experience they won't exactly get "scared".

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
jeff.. $1500, don't know what of that was from HHN though. Don't forget that I also work other things at Universal, and was making OT from other shifts at the same time

Legacy

mkt said:
jeff.. $1500, don't know what of that was from HHN though. Don't forget that I also work other things at Universal, and was making OT from other shifts at the same time
Cheater :p

starrduck

The "Director"

The guy who played "the Director" at HHN (in 2003 I believe). Who is he? Paolo Ravinski? Really a snuff-director? Was there just one actor playing him or more?

Thanks!

Legacy

starrduck said:
The guy who played "the Director" at HHN (in 2003 I believe). Who is he? Paolo Ravinski? Really a snuff-director? Was there just one actor playing him or more?

Thanks!
Four people played him, two for DrIvE-In, and two for Infestation. Plus, there was one who played him for promotional purposes. As far as the actual snuff-films... hate to disappoint ya, but "the Director" is entirely fake.

starrduck

fake director

aw man! i read somewhere that he was rumored to be a real snuff director lol! im somewhat relieved that that isnt the case but then somewhat disappointed too..is that wrong? lol

anyway thanks!

Legacy

starrduck said:
aw man! i read somewhere that he was rumored to be a real snuff director lol! im somewhat relieved that that isnt the case but then somewhat disappointed too..is that wrong? lol

anyway thanks!
He's (very losely) based off the director of Rosemary's Baby, Roman Paulanski, who's pregnant wife and friends were killed by Charles Manson's Creepy Crawlies. Creative always tries to build their new mascots from a believable story. Even the Caretaker is based off the behaviors of Ed Gein.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom