Has anyone ever...

Bodyfather

Flown from the UK to Orlando with a connecting flight from Chicago O'Hare?
Only reason I ask is I am doing so in May and was wondering whether or not I would have to collect and re-check my luggage? All booked through Disney and both flights are with the same airline

Thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Flown from the UK to Orlando with a connecting flight from Chicago O'Hare?
Only reason I ask is I am doing so in May and was wondering whether or not I would have to collect and re-check my luggage? All booked through Disney and both flights are with the same airline

Thanks
You have to clear customs and immigration at your first port of arrival, in your case, Chicago. So you will have to collect your cases there, pass through customs, and then re-check your bags. The airline may do the re-check for you right after customs, or you may have to go through the system as though you were a new passenger. I've not done that route myself.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

I think it depends if the airport you're flying from has US customs. I live in Montreal, Canada, and I can go through US customs at Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport in Dorval. That way, I don't have to get my luggage and go through customs if I stop somewhere in the US for a connecting flight to Orlando.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom