Has anyone ever gotten angry over CMs doing their jobs?

se8472

My fav story to date is when a lady came to space with about 3 kids.

One of them was to short by like a inch, so whoever was outside called out tower and told us to let merge know that a lady had just pushed her way past return and was heading inside. Being the all star CM I am...I headed to merge as backup. Just as I get there my fellow CM (and friend) starts telling the lady, she is to short...we can't let her ride. The women replies that the little one has been on every ride in the park including splash and thunder...and that she is GOING to ride space. Now my fellow CM at this point is standing inside the turnstile...the women PUSHES her way past him with force...it was kind of funny but I am like oh no...I pull up my radio and let everyone know what is up...then I walk with the women from merge all the way to our grouper...explaining to the women how we can go about making sure that everyone can ride. The sad part was that her older daughter was saying she didn't want to ride...and was asking her mom not to force her into riding... But she just kept saying "we are all going to ride, you are going to have to shut space mountain down because other wise I we are all getting on" At this point I knew there was nothing that could be done so I start calling in backup.

At this point my backup arrives and we are not at grouper who has just measured the little one and she is STILL to short...now that my coordinator is there, she starts calling around the park letting all of MK know what is up...I am like great...this is awesome...I tell tower to go ahead and dispatch inhibit so that this women won't try and jump into a train. So now we have an empty dock but for the lady who is yelling about how she works for the Orlando Sentinel and how we are never going to hear the end of this.

After that we started moving everyone from B side to A and evacing the rockets that where already ready to go.

Then more backup arrives along with security and when she saw them coming she started running with her kids...at this point we had already cut the line outside can called ourselves 101.

I always wanted to know what became of her....but I don't think she ever thought we should shut down the ride to make sure her daughter remained safe.

barnum42

se8472 said:
My fav story to date is when a lady came to space with about 3 kids....
Bravo :sohappy:

Now they just have to put you in charge of dealing with the selfish smokers ;)*

* The ones who are not considerate enough to use the designated smoking areas.

MicBat

se8472 said:
My fav story to date is when a lady came to space with about 3 kids.

One of them was to short by like a inch, so whoever was outside called out tower and told us to let merge know that a lady had just pushed her way past return and was heading inside. Being the all star CM I am...I headed to merge as backup. Just as I get there my fellow CM (and friend) starts telling the lady, she is to short...we can't let her ride. The women replies that the little one has been on every ride in the park including splash and thunder...and that she is GOING to ride space. Now my fellow CM at this point is standing inside the turnstile...the women PUSHES her way past him with force...it was kind of funny but I am like oh no...I pull up my radio and let everyone know what is up...then I walk with the women from merge all the way to our grouper...explaining to the women how we can go about making sure that everyone can ride. The sad part was that her older daughter was saying she didn't want to ride...and was asking her mom not to force her into riding... But she just kept saying "we are all going to ride, you are going to have to shut space mountain down because other wise I we are all getting on" At this point I knew there was nothing that could be done so I start calling in backup.

At this point my backup arrives and we are not at grouper who has just measured the little one and she is STILL to short...now that my coordinator is there, she starts calling around the park letting all of MK know what is up...I am like great...this is awesome...I tell tower to go ahead and dispatch inhibit so that this women won't try and jump into a train. So now we have an empty dock but for the lady who is yelling about how she works for the Orlando Sentinel and how we are never going to hear the end of this.

After that we started moving everyone from B side to A and evacing the rockets that where already ready to go.

Then more backup arrives along with security and when she saw them coming she started running with her kids...at this point we had already cut the line outside can called ourselves 101.

I always wanted to know what became of her....but I don't think she ever thought we should shut down the ride to make sure her daughter remained safe.
:lol: :lol: OH MY GOSH!! That is CRAZY! :eek: I had a woman leave storm out with her family ranting that she would be back and her kid would have stuffed shoes! Lo and Behold, they came back alright. The kid had shoes on that must have been at LEAST 3 sizes too big!! She would have walked right out of them if it weren't for the apparent use of toilet paper and towels from the restroom. I had seen the commotion she made earlier and was at FP Return when she came back. I quickly called tower to let them know and a coordinator was at grouper to asess the situation. :lol:

se8472

MicBat said:
:lol: :lol: OH MY GOSH!! That is CRAZY! :eek: I had a woman leave storm out with her family ranting that she would be back and her kid would have stuffed shoes! Lo and Behold, they came back alright. The kid had shoes on that must have been at LEAST 3 sizes too big!! She would have walked right out of them if it weren't for the apparent use of toilet paper and towels from the restroom. I had seen the commotion she made earlier and was at FP Return when she came back. I quickly called tower to let them know and a coordinator was at grouper to asess the situation. :lol:

Oh I remember when rotation brought be out to greeter 1. When I got out there I was told be be on the look up for just that thing. Some guy kept coming back with what looked like napkins stuffed in the little ones shoes.

Sure enought about 15 minutes later the guy shows up and I had him! I was so proud of myself. He tried to put up a front and even went into she requiring them for medical perposes. I didn't have any of it. But I did tell him if he wanted I could have a coordinator come out and help him out. After that he gave up and left. Course being the CM I am, I passed the word on...just in case he tried to come back.

But I don't think anything will ever compair tot he guy who got off space with a baby under his shirt.

WDFAN1977

HMGhost13 said:
to drift a bit...i get the same with McDonald's drive thru. many people just don't appreciate us. There are some competant (like me) and some who aren't but i've had people literally cuss me out because breakfast was over. (due to the fact that th eline that day NEVER ended in my 8 hours there, we had to shut breakfast down or it would never have been). i'm practically getting my "training" with people done there. if i can handle those dummies i can handle just about anyone lol.
:lol: LOL , I would never get loud with someone at a drive thru window. Who knows what they are doing to your food back there. If you make them mad, they could really be jerks.

Talking about CM's and people getting angry with them, if a CM is rude to me then by all rights, I plan to get rude back. That being said, some of the guests I have witnessed at disney are just jerks. No matter how good a job a CM does these people will find something to yell about. That goes for all service industry businesses.

ArielLover

Hope this story makes you all feel a little better. On a trip with friends during college ( I was 20) we were in line for Space Mountain. A guy was giving the the female cast member a real hard time. He grabbed her and was swearing at her. Words I would never have used in a females presence even as a college student. He was pretty much throwing her around like a rag doll. I quietly walked up to him and mentioned he should let her go and go on his way. In character he decided to let her go and take a swing at me instead. I guess I was not a very intimidating figuere. (6-1 150 pounds at the time). Well next thing he knows he is lights out on the ground with a broken nose and broken arm. I guess my parents were right about needing a little self esteem as a kid. They sent me to martial arts classes since I was 4. The guy had the nerve to call the police and file charges. When the police arrived the CM and her manager explained the situation and my favorite guest was handcuffed and arrested. Disney actually comped my whole stay for the week.

bhg469

ArielLover said:
Hope this story makes you all feel a little better. On a trip with friends during college ( I was 20) we were in line for Space Mountain. A guy was giving the the female cast member a real hard time. He grabbed her and was swearing at her. Words I would never have used in a females presence even as a college student. He was pretty much throwing her around like a rag doll. I quietly walked up to him and mentioned he should let her go and go on his way. In character he decided to let her go and take a swing at me instead. I guess I was not a very intimidating figuere. (6-1 150 pounds at the time). Well next thing he knows he is lights out on the ground with a broken nose and broken arm. I guess my parents were right about needing a little self esteem as a kid. They sent me to martial arts classes since I was 4. The guy had the nerve to call the police and file charges. When the police arrived the CM and her manager explained the situation and my favorite guest was handcuffed and arrested. Disney actually comped my whole stay for the week.

good move! i would have jsut jawed him so he couldent tell his story

TheDisneyGirl02

ArielLover said:
Good for you! I'm glad you stuck up for her! I wish I would have had a guest stand up for me before the people cornered me at the Barnstormer and screamed in my face for being a horrible person for 'taking' Goody away!

TheDisneyGirl02

barnum42

Good move Ariel Lover. Glad to know your legal system supported you for helping someone. Over here in the UK you would probably be sent to prison for GBH and have to pay compensation to your "victim".

bhg469

barnum42 said:
Good move Ariel Lover. Glad to know your legal system supported you for helping someone. Over here in the UK you would probably be sent to prison for GBH and have to pay compensation to your "victim".

thats like the 3rd man in rule in the nhl

HMGhost13

same kinda rule applies in my high school unfortunately (thank god i'm gone). if you are involved in a fight (whether defnding yourself or letting your butt GET kicked) you are suspended. no if's ands or buts.

good move AL.

bhg469 said:
thats like the 3rd man in rule in the nhl

Here is what I found on the "Third Man Rule in NHL"

A "Third Man" rule is in effect during BREAKOUT. If any player and/or coach enters the rink from the bench area with the intent of participating in or starting an altercation, that player and/or coach will be ejected from the tournament.

BTW, I am glad someone got involved in protecting the female CM. Kudos to ArielLover for doing the right thing. No one should be treated like that.
Both of my sons will be in Kempo (the little one is only 2 so.....). The 9 year old is now a green belt, and helps teach the kids in the blet levels below him. The 4-5 year olds love him to no end.......

nfeagle5

HMGhost13 said:
same kinda rule applies in my high school unfortunately (thank god i'm gone). if you are involved in a fight (whether defnding yourself or letting your butt GET kicked) you are suspended. no if's ands or buts.

good move AL.

Same at mine.....last year my friend cory jumped in to help his friend and didnt land a hit but when they broke it up he was involved and suspended

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom