Has anyone else noticed dining booked up?

DisneyDreams4me

I booked a vacation and upgraded my dining to get the sit down meals instead of all counter service. I was concerned because I booked 178 days out and thought a few of my favorite places for dinner might be unavailable. To my surprise, There is not a single sit down meal open at the Magic Kingdom the entire week we are there. (lunch or dinner) There are a few days that there are also no sit down meals at the Studios also. The garden Grill at epcot, which often sits half full, completely booked the entire week. I book every year with the free dining and have never run into such a thing. Last year, I even booked at 68 days in advance and still got nearly every ressie I wanted. This year (178 days out) I have ended up having to book 1130am-200pm almost every day for dinner because there are no park reservations available (only resorts). Has anyone else run into this?!? We are booked Nov 10-16.

G00fyDad

Tables for 4 at MK
11/10/2015:
The Plaza Restaurant - 11:00am
Tony's Town Square - 11:00am

(No dinner times)

11/11/2015:
Tony's Town Square - 11:00am

(No dinner times)

11/12/2015:
Tony's Town Square - 11:00am and 11:15am

(No dinner times)

11/13/2015:

Tony's Town Square - 4:25pm

11/14/2015:
The Plaza Restaurant - 11:00am and 11:15am

(No dinner times)

11/15/2015:

(No dinner times)

11/16/2015:

(No dinner times)

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

It's possible that there were no "larger" tables (like for more than 4 people) available for the times you need. When you called, by any chance did the CM ask you if you were willing to try for 2 reservations of 3 people each? You may not want to do that, or may not be able to depending on the make-up of your group, but we have done that several times in the past when a table for 6 or more was not available but our whole family group wanted to dine together. When I was trying to work that out, I called and a CM helped me to get 2 (and one time, 3) separate reservations for the same location (had to be in 3 different names & had 3 different confirmation #'s), and were at times that were close together (I think they were usually within 15-ish min of each other). We all checked in together at the earliest time and explained that "we were together and if it was possible, could they please try to seat us close to each other?" Almost every time they were able to help us, and seated us near each other, and a couple of times they actually did seat us at a larger table together even though our reservations were not specifically for that. The things that I think helped the most are that we checked in at least 20 min ahead of the earliest reservation, asked as nicely as we could, let them know that we were willing to wait a little extra if it would help, and went in knowing that our reservations were not made that way -- and that it might not happen. They do try to help out with seating requests when they can, but sometimes, for many reasons, they just can't make it happen. We did this for a couple of different trips, the most recent being about 3 yrs ago, so I don't know if things have changed too much to do it now, but it's worth asking if it's an idea that would work for you.
Good luck!!! I hope you are able to get some that you will all enjoy!! I will also suggest the usual - keep checking! Even after you get there something might open up.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Not exactly ZERO.

Tables for 6
at MK
11/10/2015:
Tony's Town Square - 11:10am

(No dinner times)

11/11/2015:

(No dinner times)

11/12/2015:

(No dinner times)

11/13/2015:

(No dinner times)

11/14/2015:

(No dinner times)

11/15/2015:
(No lunch times)

(No dinner times)

11/16/2015:
(No lunch times)

(No dinner times)

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Again, not necessarily. Even the blacked out dates are almost fully booked. If it was solely because of FreeDDP then the blacked out dates would have more options.

ADR's have become more and more scarce as the years have gone by. This is because of the DDP and MM+. Not just because of the FreeDDP.

Why? I'm not the one going.
Ok lol weird they're all gone once the dinning plan came out, again. But whatever not gonna argue in a blog over dinning lol to each his own. Have a great Memorial Day

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Seriously. Magic Kingdom. November. It's probably because of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. This thread has been open for 24hrs, am I really the first one to realize this?

No. Because as it was pointed out it (lack of dining) extends all the way into October. I myself have never seen it this booked up.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Seriously. Magic Kingdom. November. It's probably because of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. This thread has been open for 24hrs, am I really the first one to realize this?
No. Because as it was pointed out it (lack of dining) extends all the way into October. I myself have never seen it this booked up.
The early closure for MK on party nights (MNSSHP in October and MVMCP in November)'most certainly plays into the fact that restaurant ADRs are hard to come by. Add the Liberty Tree Tavern closure (through November) to the list, and there just aren't enough table service locations in MK for the amount of guests that want to book dining.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

The early closure for MK on party nights (MNSSHP in October and MVMCP in November)'most certainly plays into the fact that restaurant ADRs are hard to come by. Add the Liberty Tree Tavern closure (through November) to the list, and there just aren't enough table service locations in MK for the amount of guests that want to book dining.

AHHHHHH. I forgot about LTT getting closed. Now it makes sense. Thank you. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom