Has anyone done the Monorail Pub Crawl?

AsanaDisney

This sounds like a fantastically fun idea! :lol: Too bad I am staying off property and will have to drive home at the end of the night... maybe next time I stay on property I will give this a try! Thanks for bringing it to my attention though because I had previously only read about "drinking around the world" at epcot :)

c-one

BTW -- another vote for the Wave's bar/lounge area over Outer Rim. Although Outer Rim is a lot nicer since the refurbishment, and it's good if you like to watch the monorail go by WHILE you drink... but the atmosphere at the Wave, at least in the bar area, is REALLY cool. Great wine and beer list, too.

spock

Original Poster
BTW -- another vote for the Wave's bar/lounge area over Outer Rim. Although Outer Rim is a lot nicer since the refurbishment, and it's good if you like to watch the monorail go by WHILE you drink... but the atmosphere at the Wave, at least in the bar area, is REALLY cool. Great wine and beer list, too.

Thanks for the tip! We may have to check them BOTH out.

wdwfan100

Sounds like no matter what else we do, we gotta hit the Wave Bar. I've never been there, so this will be a fun new adventure!

Anymore recommendations, please keep 'em coming!

When we do the monorail bar blitz, we include the wilderness lodge in it. You just need to take the resort boat launch from the contemporary to the wilderness lodge. Go to the trout pass pool bar and say hi to Stewart and Carey. Then just take the boat back to the contemporary and get back on the monorail.

spock

Original Poster
When we do the monorail bar blitz, we include the wilderness lodge in it. You just need to take the resort boat launch from the contemporary to the wilderness lodge. Go to the trout pass pool bar and say hi to Stewart and Carey. Then just take the boat back to the contemporary and get back on the monorail.

Great suggestion! Thanks! Any recommended drinks to try there?

val002

Me and my boyfriend did the monorail bar crawl back in March on a night when MK had EMH. We had dinner at 'Ohana, with Lapu Lapus at Tambu Lounge. Then we went to MK to watch wishes on Main Street, and turned right back around and got on the monorail. When we got to the contemporary, the Outer Rim was already closed, so we went downstairs to The Wave. Like everyone else said, this is a really cool bar, with one of the better beer lists on property.

After a couple beers there, we got back on the monorail and went to Mitzers in the Grand Floridian. It was super crowded inside because a conference has just ended, but the bartenders were great and made our cocktails fast, and even put them in plastic cups so we could take them to go. Then we walked around the property, and ended up on the boat dock watching the ferries and the colors on the Castle change. Very romantic! After that, we went back into MK and rode rides until 2AM!

plaz10

This sounds like an awesome idea! We are eating dinner at the Poly, Grand Floridian and Contemporary on different nights so we could start there any of those times. Sounds fun!

Vader2112

This sounds great to the point I have friends coming in July and the Monorail Pub crawl will be the new adventure as we did Dinking around the World in February!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom