Harry Potter Collages

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
This is THE BEST thread that I have ever seen on a Disney/Uni forum.

simply, AWESOME!!!

Thanks so much for the praise.

Awesome work. I'm so glad people are stopping and taking in all the detail. The place is so chocked full of detail it's a bit overwhelming.

I could have spent a week there, and never gotten on even one ride. I am a big fan of both the movies, and the books. I just love the characters. I love the way the people around me were really into the feel of the place. My souvenirs are my photos, but I easily could have dropped a lot of serious money there.

21stamps

Thanks so much for the praise.

I could have spent a week there, and never gotten on even one ride. I am a big fan of both the movies, and the books. I just love the characters. I love the way the people around me were really into the feel of the place. My souvenirs are my photos, but I easily could have dropped a lot of serious money there.

We are going for the first time in December. I am really excited now!!! How long did you spend in the 2 areas over the 2 days? How much time do you recommend?

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
We are going for the first time in December. I am really excited now!!! How long did you spend in the 2 areas over the 2 days? How much time do you recommend?

I was nursing a sore foot, so I knew that if I wanted to really maximize my time in WWHOP, I had to do that exclusively, and not stop too long anywhere else. So, I probably spent about 5 hours in Diagon Alley the first day, and about the same amount of time in Diagon Alley, and Hogsmeade the 2nd day. Remember, now I go slower than most folks. I am 69 years old, and my gait is definitely that of a hobbler, not a normal walker. I don't normally ride thrill rides, so I wasn't there for the "top mentioned rides". However, being a huge fan, I saw so much that reminded me of scenes/stories/characters/moments in the books and the movies. It's easy to rush through the place. You really do need to slow down, just to get the full measure of enjoyment. The reason for spending less time in Hogsmeade, was because I was there before in 2012.

I like doing these sorts of things solo, because I love to take photos. Other people traveling with me, would most likely be bored, because I stop so much. However, I tell people ahead of time, about this, and they gladly go off on their own.

I wish you a wonderful time. Definitely ride the train both ways. Not necessarily in the same day, which is what I did twice. However, the video on the train in the compartments is different each way. Definitely a must do/see.

21stamps

I was nursing a sore foot, so I knew that if I wanted to really maximize my time in WWHOP, I had to do that exclusively, and not stop too long anywhere else. So, I probably spent about 5 hours in Diagon Alley the first day, and about the same amount of time in Diagon Alley, and Hogsmeade the 2nd day. Remember, now I go slower than most folks. I am 69 years old, and my gait is definitely that of a hobbler, not a normal walker. I don't normally ride thrill rides, so I wasn't there for the "top mentioned rides". However, being a huge fan, I saw so much that reminded me of scenes/stories/characters/moments in the books and the movies. It's easy to rush through the place. You really do need to slow down, just to get the full measure of enjoyment. The reason for spending less time in Hogsmeade, was because I was there before in 2012.

I like doing these sorts of things solo, because I love to take photos. Other people traveling with me, would most likely be bored, because I stop so much. However, I tell people ahead of time, about this, and they gladly go off on their own.

I wish you a wonderful time. Definitely ride the train both ways. Not necessarily in the same day, which is what I did twice. However, the video on the train in the compartments is different each way. Definitely a must do/see.

Thank you!! I am saving this thread so I can show my son when I finally let him know!

DisneyPrincess5

I admired your collages in your trip report, and got excited to see more here! Awesome photos. We've been to the Wizarding World 3 times now but never ever have enough time to really comb through it all. Love it!

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I admired your collages in your trip report, and got excited to see more here! Awesome photos. We've been to the Wizarding World 3 times now but never ever have enough time to really comb through it all. Love it!

Thank you. Like I have said before. I could have easily spent a week there. It is a feast for the eyes, and a really enjoyable experience. For those that have read the books and seen the movies, the folks at Universal didn't miss much. I'm no expert, of course, but I know what I like. Some folks go to Universal for the rides. I was there primarily for the Harry Potter experience.

OliveMcFly

They look great!
The tellers in Gringott's Bank remind me a bit of the Ross Perot character from All That.
latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom