Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

JROK

What are the wait times for the ride and the wands? What do you think theyll be at around August 6-7?

And are they allowingexpress pass for people staying on Uni grounds?

Forbidden Journey has been a 45-90min wait pretty much all week. As for the wands, it depends if you want to see Olivander's show, or just buy a wand. Just buying a wand is like any other store, but the show can be a 15-60min wait depending on the time and day.

http://66.77.171.132/MobileWeb/IOA_WaitTimes.aspx

With that said, the other two attractions have had under 30min waits all week as well.

Disneyman1971

Let's see the new HP exhibit not land because it's really tiny when you compare it to Aventure land or Tomorrow land and so on. Uni will be begging for guests again in about two or three years. Maybe they will put in another Rolar Coaster to have the IOA recalled Coaster Land. It would be cool to see a Roller Coaster next to the Condo's and town homes. Maybe with all the propperty Uni has they can expand, no wait no space left. Maybe there world class resorts will bring people, no wait to many conventions going on. Get real, Uni is a Glorified Six Flags that will eventually go bank rupt. I don't even see how you can compare UNI to WDW and all it has to offer. Totally ridiculous thread to say the least. :hammer:

I agree totally with you i live in Texas next to one the best Six Flags Six Flags Over Texas but i been to Orlando many many times but i agree compare universal to six flags not Disney World

Pete C

I agree totally with you i live in Texas next to one the best Six Flags Six Flags Over Texas but i been to Orlando many many times but i agree compare universal to six flags not Disney World

There is no Six Flags in the entire country that can compare to Universal in terms of theming and overall experience...they are not in the same class. I have been to almost every Six Flags now and even the best ones are nothing more than some nice landscaping and decent theming around certain rides. Universal's theming utterly trounces and stomps on the best work Six Flags has ever done. In fact, IOA has superior theming than Disney in many areas of the park, and only a hardcore Disney fanboy would even bother arguing with that.

BigKahuna

Harry Potter Amazing? You got to be kidding!

Just came back from Universal, and Harry Potter was a big disappointment. An hour wait just to enter the area (and you were brought in by a side entrance, not the main entrance), plus an additional 2 hour wait just to ride the 4 minute Forbidden Journey ride-not a bad ride but not worth the wait. The queue line is actually more outside than in, and waiting outside in the Florida heat is not fun. Once you get to set areas that you see posted all over , you are not allowed to linger to enjoy them, you are pushed through. The shop after the ride was wall-to-wall people, so forget about shopping there. And the Wand shop, ran out of "Harry Potter" and "Ron Weasley" wands the day we were there. And there was a 2 hour wait to get into that shop!

The plus was that it was taking people away from the other attractions in Universal, so we were able to to ride most other rides without any waiting at all.

I don't think this attraction is going to have the impact that everyone talks about. 3 rides, with 2 of them just re-themed, and a very poor crowd control...this could actually have a negative impact on Universal in the long haul. Makes you wonder what would have been like had it been built in Disney World instead!

BigThunderMatt

Makes you wonder what would have been like had it been built in Disney World instead!

Considering their trends as of late? It would have been a RIDE...not an entire themed area, and any merchandise would have likely been in the gift shops would have had a minute selection of unique items and instead would have been generically dual-branded Walt Disney World/Disneyland crap or Harry Potter-themed Mickey merchandise....which is exactly the reason J.K. Rowling decided against working with Disney when they wouldn't allow her final say.

Skip

Just came back from Universal, and Harry Potter was a big disappointment. An hour wait just to enter the area (and you were brought in by a side entrance, not the main entrance), plus an additional 2 hour wait just to ride the 4 minute Forbidden Journey ride-not a bad ride but not worth the wait. The queue line is actually more outside than in, and waiting outside in the Florida heat is not fun. Once you get to set areas that you see posted all over , you are not allowed to linger to enjoy them, you are pushed through. The shop after the ride was wall-to-wall people, so forget about shopping there. And the Wand shop, ran out of "Harry Potter" and "Ron Weasley" wands the day we were there. And there was a 2 hour wait to get into that shop!

The plus was that it was taking people away from the other attractions in Universal, so we were able to to ride most other rides without any waiting at all.

I don't think this attraction is going to have the impact that everyone talks about. 3 rides, with 2 of them just re-themed, and a very poor crowd control...this could actually have a negative impact on Universal in the long haul. Makes you wonder what would have been like had it been built in Disney World instead!

When did you go, exactly? I was there all of the holiday weekend and there was never a wait to enter the area, and Forbidden Journey never went over 60 minutes... in the future you might consider trying the single riders line, it can get you on in as little as 5 but as great as maybe 30 minutes. Big time saver once you've experienced the exquisite queue a few times.

dxwwf3

You were honestly surprised by this? That's pretty much how it's been since opening. If you go to the area in the afternoon, you won't have to wait to get in the land.

BigKahuna

We knew ahead of time there would be long lines, and yes single riders is the way to go if you can, but unfortunately traveling with children that is not an option. And yes afternoon is better to visit, at least you can get right into the area instead of waiting in line. What bothered me was that Universal had no clue how to handle a crowd....seriously they could have had the costume characters and at least interact with the people in the crowd while they were waiting to get in, to at least kill some time.

And yes the castle looks great (especially at night!), but when you are waiting in the queue, and you see the back of the building, there was no attempt to cover up the box of the building. There was so much hype on it, and I just don't think it lived up to all the hype.

Spiderman still is the better ride, with the overall theme and queue line.

dxwwf3

Spiderman has a better queue than FJ? Um, ok.

It used to. When they changed it around for Express and took the Darkroom among others away from the standard queue, it shortened it a bit. IMO, the actual ride on FJ exceeded my expectations, but the queue came up just a bit short. Granted it is one of the best queues you will find anywhere, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as DL's Indiana Jones or maybe even the original Dueling Dragons queue.

Pete C

It used to. When they changed it around for Express and took the Darkroom among others away from the standard queue, it shortened it a bit. IMO, the actual ride on FJ exceeded my expectations, but the queue came up just a bit short. Granted it is one of the best queues you will find anywhere, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as DL's Indiana Jones or maybe even the original Dueling Dragons queue.

Agreed on DD's original queue...amazing. There are a couple queues over at DisneySea which are downright insane...JTTCOTE and 20,000 Leagues are tucked inside and around the Mysterious Island. That area pretty much takes the cake in all of theme park land.

Disneyman1971

There is no Six Flags in the entire country that can compare to Universal in terms of theming and overall experience...they are not in the same class. I have been to almost every Six Flags now and even the best ones are nothing more than some nice landscaping and decent theming around certain rides. Universal's theming utterly trounces and stomps on the best work Six Flags has ever done. In fact, IOA has superior theming than Disney in many areas of the park, and only a hardcore Disney fanboy would even bother arguing with that.

Alright I guess you are right but i still perfer Disney over Universal anyday

Mouse Man

Nope Six flags is much better and more fun. Uni is just a plain old boring park that will be begging for people again to visit in about a year. Magic Mountain and Kings Dominion are by far a better choice to go and enjoy the day vs Hogwarts filled idiots.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Braden%20Caber%20Toss.jpg

gerryu21220

Nope Six flags is much better and more fun. Uni is just a plain old boring park that will be begging for people again to visit in about a year. Magic Mountain and Kings Dominion are by far a better choice to go and enjoy the day vs Hogwarts filled idiots.

King's Dominion is just another, rather ordinary amusement park. Mostly just the same standard amusement park rides you can go on in any other park (generally speaking). Nothing particularly memorable about the place... Same with Six Flags: same old, same old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom