Happy Birthday, Walt Disney!

popkid

Original Poster
Happy Birthday, Walt Disney! (from the walt disney travel company inside sales)

December 5 marks the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney's birth. In honor of the man who started it all, the Walt Disney World® Resort is featuring the biggest event in the resort's 30-year history – the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. Now through December 31, 2002, all four Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks are celebrating the legacy of Walt Disney with a spectacular lineup of new parades, live entertainment and attractions.

Walt Disney was born in Chicago on December 5, 1901. His motion picture milestones were many, beginning with the "birth" of Mickey Mouse in a 1928 short titled "Steamboat Willie," which was the first animated motion picture to have synchronized sound. He pioneered animation as an art form for feature-length motion pictures with the creation of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and turned animation into a cinematic symphonic concert through "Fantasia." He also pioneered the creation of the multi-plane camera, which recently earned him a place in the Inventor's Hall of Fame.

Disney's landmark family entertainment ventures also included television programming and the opening of the world's first theme park – Disneyland® park in California in 1955. His dream of creating a whole vacation world of family fun lived on with the opening of the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in 1971, some five years after his death.

In the 100 years since Walt's birth, the world has undergone a spellbinding transformation. We've discovered that if we believe, the world can turn into a place filled with magic and wonder – a place where animals can talk just like us, where good and evil are at constant odds in magical lands, and where, with a lot of faith and a little pixie dust, we can soar higher than the clouds.

Today, Disney magic abounds in almost every aspect of American culture, from literature to sports, music to computers – and the company continues to explore new opportunities, never losing sight that, as Walt said, "it was all started by a mouse."

Fun Facts about Walt Disney:
He only attended one year of high school.
In 1923, in California, Walt and Roy formed the Disney Brothers Studio. At Roy's insistence, the company soon became the Walt Disney Studio, since he felt that Walt's name should be emphasized. This is officially recognized as the starting date of The Walt Disney Company.
He grew his famous mustache at age 25.
He was the voice of Mickey Mouse for two decades.
He often ate lunch at his desk – his favorite meal was chili and beans, which he ate with tomato juice and soda crackers.
He admitted to being "scared to death" when he had to face the camera to introduce episodes of the "Disneyland" television series.
He won more Oscars than anyone else – 32.

ShanenLuvsDsny

Originally posted by monorail256
shanen... i like your monorail.. did you make that yourslef? if you did thats really cool!! :p
Hi Monorail!
No, I didn't make it myself. I found it on a Disney web site. I liked it too!:cool: :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom